Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is something wrong? I feel like I didn’t even get sleeved ... can eat and drink

4 and half weeks ago. I’m in the soft food phase and feel like I can drink Water same as always ( the only day I felt I had to sip was the first two days after surgery). I need to constantly remind myself to not gulp water, but a bit concerned that I can gulp water. Today, I think I ate too much , but find it weird that I only stop eating because I know I should versus feeling full: am: pure Protein 6 am Protein Shake and at 6:30 about half of a Greek yogurt /lunch out with dad :half of a tuna melt without the bread, heavy cheese ... I felt like I could’ve ate more/dinner at 6:O0=4 ounce creamy soup/ 7: 00=sugar free popsicle (30 calories )/8:00=cappuccino popsicle (40 calories

I also have the same issue but only a week after surgery, but i think the pouch is fine and healing its just not fully healed so sometimes the signals and wires get a bit messed up. Your body has gone through a trauma so it will react differently.

Also I am worried about dumping syndrome so keep it down a bit

8 hours ago, BQT said:

4 and half weeks ago. I’m in the soft food phase and feel like I can drink Water same as always ( the only day I felt I had to sip was the first two days after surgery). I need to constantly remind myself to not gulp Water, but a bit concerned that I can gulp water. Today, I think I ate too much , but find it weird that I only stop eating because I know I should versus feeling full: am: pure Protein 6 am Protein Shake and at 6:30 about half of a Greek yogurt /lunch out with dad :half of a tuna melt without the bread, heavy cheese ... I felt like I could’ve ate more/dinner at 6:O0=4 ounce creamy soup/ 7: 00=sugar free popsicle (30 calories )/8:00=cappuccino popsicle (40 calories

Almost all of the foods you are eating at this stage are "slider" foods. They slide right through your pouch and don't cause restriction. This is appropriate at this stage. Once you move on to solid foods you will definitely feel the restriction. For now, eat the portion sizes recommended by your surgical team to keep your protein/calories where they need to be. Sounds like you're doing great!

6 hours ago, undacover said:

also have the same issue but only a week after surgery, but i think the pouch is fine and healing its just not fully healed so sometimes the signals and wires get a bit messed up. Your body has gone through a trauma so it will react differently.

Dead Nuts on - This is science, Take your stomach - 85% = 15% - You can not eat as much, wires and signals are getting crossed, Head games - Be careful - Set a daily routine and just stick to it

Great advice from all

Also

Try to only eat by measurements (for your current stage) not by the feeling of fullness or restriction. Unfortunately not everyone will experience this or know what this will feel like for them initially.

Good Luck 💙

I had the same worry until I went to the regular diet. Now I can feel restriction, just not where I thought I would feel it. I eat by measuring my food, now I can eat between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup. I also use https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to log all my food and exercise. You've got this!

7 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Almost all of the foods you are eating at this stage are "slider" foods. They slide right through your pouch and don't cause restriction. This is appropriate at this stage. Once you move on to solid foods you will definitely feel the restriction. For now, eat the portion sizes recommended by your surgical team to keep your protein/calories where they need to be. Sounds like you're doing great!

I second this- Soft foods slide in easier and you feel like you can eat more but I have recently moved to normal solids and let me tell you- two bites and you are DONE and i mean stuffed. That said i always can drink Water easily and fast. I can gulp water but i was a huge water drinker prior to surgery so if you an drink a lot of water thats a good thing bec the number 1 thing to put you back into hospital is not enough water. I cannot however gulp other drinks like coffee or shakes. those I have to sip... so dont think your sleeve isn working... I thought that same thing until i moved to solid foods. Then you feel it for sure.

14 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Thank you!!!that makes so much sense!!

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, BQT said:

4 and half weeks ago. I’m in the soft food phase and feel like I can drink Water same as always ( the only day I felt I had to sip was the first two days after surgery). I need to constantly remind myself to not gulp Water, but a bit concerned that I can gulp water. Today, I think I ate too much , but find it weird that I only stop eating because I know I should versus feeling full: am: pure Protein 6 am Protein Shake and at 6:30 about half of a Greek yogurt /lunch out with dad :half of a tuna melt without the bread, heavy cheese ... I felt like I could’ve ate more/dinner at 6:O0=4 ounce creamy soup/ 7: 00=sugar free popsicle (30 calories )/8:00=cappuccino popsicle (40 calories

I felt the same way as you can see if you read back just one week ago but after I went to my follow up and voiced my concerns my doc said basicly I would not feel restriction sometime till I get to more solid food and sure enough two days later I could not even eat one scrambled egg with cheese only ate half a egg .. eat very very slow and chew chew chew and swallow slow slow slow and you will feel the pressure in your chest and your nose probably will run a little .CONGRTATULATIONS you have just experienced the NEW full feeling.. get used to recognizing it... and don't go over it......