Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal prep Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...share your meal prep ideas

I tried to find a thread where people share their meal prep, but didn't find a dedicated one, so hopefully this can become one.

Meal prep has been the key for me, so I thought I would share here as I meal prep throughout the week.

I'll post recipes if anyone want particular ones. And feel free to share your meal prep

Today I had some eggs that needed to be used, so today I made crust less quiche and instant pot egg bites

IMG_20191117_164547.thumb.jpg.602f87b078adf770dacf1e6ac46586e6.jpg IMG_20191117_174715.thumb.jpg.be3cb7e1177dd5da7b21bda41e9cc419.jpg IMG_20191117_172940_264.thumb.jpg.7fc1323926fb3e3a85d846630a84cce7.jpg IMG_20191117_175512_665.thumb.jpg.47b7895dc09a05d5b961784f67728647.jpg

Edited by Meryline

Oh wow! Girl! Great thread!!! I can't wait to play. Your quiche and egg bites look AHHHH-may-zing!!!

I don't really "meal prep" but it's so strange how we always have extras to be frozen. LOL. Right now I have frozen:

green chile with pork

red chile with turkey and venison

gumbo - chicken and venison/pork sausage

tuscan Soup - chicken with cauliflower

grilled chicken strips

grilled beef fajita meat

meatballs and sauce

tamales (for splurging at Christmas from last Christmas) LOL.

I'm making foil wrapped basa filets for dinner. Will try to take a pic. You can make multiple seasonings with it and store them for a few days. It reheats well and is super low cal/low carb/low fat.

Edited by FluffyChix

Lot's of yummy stuff. I need to take stock of my freezer, right now, when I take a box, it's a wild guess until I heat it up at work hehe

1 minute ago, MsMocie said:

I meal prep on sundays.

Is there a "my best meal prep ideas" tread here btw?

I didn't find one, so I made this one, hoping it could become one.

Vegetarian bean burgers

Almond flour, spices, egg, corn and assorted Beans (black, pink, navy, garbanzo)

Hand smash half of the beans with spices and egg. Fold in almond flour, whole beans and corn until thoroughly mixed. Form patties then bake, air or pan fry until lightly crispy

Highly customizable 💙

20191114_132949_HDR.jpg

Ok, I made a dish for lunch today that is one of my favorites. It makes 4 cups = 4 meals for me and is so filling and is a perfect ratio of Protein to calories per serving if you top it with an egg.

You can add whatever veggies you want to this, but was out of all fresh veggies other than my cauliflower. So I used the last of the frozen veggies (non-Asian...kserrynotserry) but the taste was still the bomb. You can do this with or without the sauce but the sauce really makes it. In fact, I then, drizzle each serving with a tiny bit of the Walden Farms Asian Dressing (zero cals) + Sriracha. So amazing.

Chicken & Shrimp Fried Rice FCC Style (Fluffy Chix Cook).

Yield: 4 servings (1cup each)

For the Stirfry (full recipe): 414calories; 50g protein; 12g fat; 22g carbs; 9g fiber; 11g net carbs

chicken-shrimp-fried-rice_5154.thumb.JPG.d870c7417a68d06b20c0fce5f902ca2d.JPG

chicken-shrimp-fried-rice-no-sauce.JPG.8089cd2c53573ebe868b1e520d7e91fc.JPG

For the Sauce (full recipe): 48 calories; 0g protein; 0g fat; 4g carbs; 0g fiber; 4g net carbs

asian-stir-fry-sauce.JPG.89c2d6f7702f0a0bce69816e452abce7.JPG

For the Recipe WITH Sauce (full recipe): 462 calories; 50g protein; 12g fat; 26g carbs; 9g fiber; 17g net carbs

chicken-shrimp-fried-rice-with-sauce.JPG.090511f7a0db0d7cf455670cdc1b3847.JPG

Per Serving With An Egg Topper (for 1 serving): 184 calories; 18g protein; 8g fat; 7g carbs; 2g fiber; 5g net carbs

image.png.8955ac2873b51b7404159c3435f4df9c.png

I make this sauce and keep it in the fridge at all times. I used powdered garlic, ginger and five spice powder in it. But when I have fresh, I choose fresh. It give bolder flavor. You can use as little or as much of it as you want.

I just dry saute the veg in a non-stick pan sprayed with a shot of evoo. I estimate it adds about 1/2 tsp of olive oil to the dish. I also rinse the Miracle Rice in cold Water and dry fry it in the same pan until it dries out. Then I add the cauli rice to it and dry saute with spices. The add the sauce to it and toss to coat. Then I toss all the other veggies and meats that I dry sauteed previously so it all gets coated with the sauce. I also fry the egg whites separately. I cook it all separately and very quickly. And I usually use left over chicken and shrimp. Today it was LO chicken, but fresh cooked shrimp.

Here are the pics.

chicken-shrimp-fried-rice_5155.thumb.JPG.a977a829ac929afe7af03ff5bc72a7d8.JPG chicken-shrimp-fried-rice_5158.thumb.JPG.4b123e082e396218ad4e4cbdcf60f496.JPG

Tofu (and vegetables) meal prep !

Super firm organic tofu cubed cooked in: oil, minced garlic, various spices, teriyaki sauce, liquid aminos, maple Syrup, with steamed stir fry vegetables

20191202_133013_HDR.jpg

20191202_133423_HDR.jpg

20191202_135242_HDR.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

As much as I wanted to hate it I think i really like tofu! Wife made some tofu nuggets that tasted nothing like chicken BUT they were nice and flavorful and soft when I needed soft food still.

I got some panko style pork rind breadcrumbs and I'd like to try my hand at air-frying another batch in those after soaking them in some chicken broth or something.

10 minutes ago, lvidacovich said:

As much as I wanted to hate it I think i really like tofu! Wife made some tofu nuggets that tasted nothing like chicken BUT they were nice and flavorful and soft when I needed soft food still.

I got some panko style pork rind breadcrumbs and I'd like to try my hand at air-frying another batch in those after soaking them in some chicken broth or something.

LOL why did you want to hate tofu? LOL

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

LOL why did you want to hate tofu? LOL

Didn't want to like any part of being vegan haha.