Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First date in 2 years! 😩

So I’m a month out from my revision today! Losing very slowwwwly... I’m looking for some advice, so I’m on purée foods and I got asked on a date for tomorrow! I really like this guy but he has no idea of my revision, I do want to go on this date and I asked him to send me the name of the restaurant so I could scope out the menu... besides Soup there was only one other thing that I think would be ok for me to eat, it’s Tilapia in coconut sauce with white rice... I’m thinking of skipping the sauce and asking for mashed potatoes in replacement for the rice.
Any thoughts? I’m nervous and kinda want to cancel... I asked to just go to the movies lol but he is not having it...

Movies don't give you the opportunity to know each other better :)

Can you perhaps suggest something else to do? Wander around a local market? Is there a festival or outdoor event when you can wander around and/or sit and chat?

Otherwise you could ring the restaurant and ask if they would mind doing something different for you, that way that are prepared for when you turn up.

Edited by Hop_Scotch

You could try to:

*Nurse a cup of Water or tea

*Order the soup/vegetable of the day

*Ask if you can order off menu (maybe call ahead)

*Bring your own mug with broth/bullion cubes (tacky but effective- say you feel like you have a cold is coming on)

*Be upfront about your eating restrictions (hardest and easiest)

Good Luck 💙

Just be yourself - As a guy my view is you are to focused on food, I go out all the time, I am also a chef so i will tell you stay clear of that fish dish - Talipa is a cheap fish that is cooked in tons of oils and butters and then smothered to make it.

If this food thing is really driving you nuts just ask him to go for appetizers, Get a Sushi Grade fish like tuna sea bass or hallibat - Broiled not smothered, One shrimp cocktail shared and a piece of sea Bass and you cant tell you are not eating - ask if they have puree -

I go out all the time and i actually enjoy masking the surgery, But learn to move your food around and mix it up. - If he asks to much you can use my excuse, Just had a heavy dental cleaning yesterday and my teeth and gums are sore. Yes its a lie but brush your teeth hard and call it a dental thing

BTW from a guys point of view i would never pay to much attention to what a date is eating or not eating, So dont put to much into worrying about it

Edited by AJ Tylo

Tell him the truth up front. Any relationship that develops between you shouldn't start with duplicity. If he is truly interested in you he shouldn't care about what you eat...or don't eat. Charm your date with your dazzling personality, NOT your food choices!

Go and have a great time!

You could tell him that you just had surgery without revealing what type it was. That way you could explain that your food choices are limited while healing.

Yes, don't start a possible relationship with lies.

Also - from the guy side of things - if I took someone out and they brought their own bouillon cubes or the like? RED FLAG