Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The worst menstruation of my life

I have an IUD so I do not often get bleeds. I have had some minor spottings after my surgery, but now I am full on thick bleeding. For the first time in 2 + years. And I hate it. This is by far the worst pain after surgery I felt. My uterus feels like it is ripping apart. All my stomach is tender. I can barely move. My lady bits hurt. This can't be normal? I know about menstrual pain - this is worse than whatever I have in my life. Now it makes sense that my boobs have been hurting for the last week.

Edited by MsMocie

not sure - but I do know a lot of people have "hormone dumps" after surgery that last for a few months. People say it's because the hormones that are stored in fat cells are released when you start rapidly dropping weight. You might want to let your PCP know, though - if nothing else, for peace of mind.

I feel your pain. I had the same thing happen to me right after surgery when I was dropping weight like crazy. My surgeon told me it was normal. I would still check with your pcp though.

Edited by MarvelGirl25

I use the pill to suppress my periods but I had to go off of it for the surgery and it was not fun. Can you go see your gynecologist or call your surgeon?