Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not so easy to make friends here...

welcome back im not new by no means we all need support and im here for anyone reaching out i dont know a lot of things i know what has worked for me and a lot of advise and emotions come from this journey we are all on and what a better way to meet people that we have something in coming with most importantly to me is the support i get from the people on here that understand the process or are learning the process without the negativity you get from people outside of the circle welcome back we need your imput as well !!!!!

15 hours ago, Darktowerdream said:

We feel alone in it and can be hard to open up and discuss on a open forum, I find yes people, talk more when there are problems but it might help someone else down the line.

I am grateful for you responding and telling your truths! I think you are brave and you got this. So glad to know you!

2 hours ago, VIKING 0424 said:

We are all on and what a better way to meet people that we have something in coming with most importantly to me is the support i get from the people on here that understand the process or are learning the process without the negativity you get from people outside of the circle welcome back we need your imput as well !!!!!

Right, this is my 2nd surgery and I was so vocal about my band so when it failed I started hearing the crappy comments from people. I see this as a safe haven for me. I totally feel you about the emotional journey! It's going to be interesting to see the differences from the band to the sleeve.

Newbie on here, but I wanted to say that If you’re looking for a lot of support, and a ton of great friends on the same journey - make an instagram of your journey. The WLS and VSG community on there is unbelievable. I love them all so much. My @ is victorious.sleeveret if you want somewhere to start. I hope this helps ❤️

On 11/16/2019 at 11:43 PM, SabrinaGoddess said:

@dena81

Shoot chicka chicka start ta talking!

I am excited for you and me (LOL)

What are you looking forward to when you get to your goal weight?

Haha yes ma'am! Oh my gosh I'm so excited for buying new clothes, feeling more active, feeling light, being less in pain. I've already started to see some awesome changes like my blood sugar and pressure have been amazing (main reasons I got the surgery) ohhhh and to finally get off all my meds will be awesome!

On 11/16/2019 at 11:42 PM, SabrinaGoddess said:

How are you feeling!

What's been the toughest part so far

I've been stalling myself. Hit about 20lbs loss and it's kinda stalling right now which sucks

On 11/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, dena81 said:

Haha yes ma'am! Oh my gosh I'm so excited for buying new clothes, feeling more active, feeling light, being less in pain. I've already started to see some awesome changes like my blood sugar and pressure have been amazing (main reasons I got the surgery) ohhhh and to finally get off all my meds will be awesome!

THAT is AMAZING! The med thing is a HUGE plus! So happy for you!

I have so many plans for 2020! It's going to be a beautiful year.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:52 PM, Victorious.Sleeveret said:

Newbie on here, but I wanted to say that If you’re looking for a lot of support, and a ton of great friends on the same journey - make an instagram of your journey. The WLS and VSG community on there is unbelievable. I love them all so much. My @ is victorious.sleeveret if you want somewhere to start. I hope this helps ❤️

Will follow you. I am sabrina.goddess.vsg

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:25 PM, SabrinaGoddess said:

Hell errrrbody!

When I was banded in 2009 I was on this platform daily and making some pretty awesome friends, pretty fast. LOL

It seems this time around I'm a lonely painter living in a box of paints. (bonus points for who knows where I got that from?)

I am active, been chatting and looking and responding but it seems pretty quiet for me.

Maybe it's just me but I sure do like talking to folk about their experiences, fears, achievements, disappointments, etc.

I am being sleeved Dec. 9th, 2019 by Dr. Matthew Metz in Denver Colorado

aziz-acharki-t2FSXkCxr5U-unsplash.jpg

aaaw I feel you...… Hey im November 11 and I was sleeved guess when? anyway im two weeks out and back to work today.. gotta tell you it was not so bad and at times not so good .. for the most part it was not as hard as I thought it would be especially with the drinking the Water and shakes only being able to sip and all .. hey I was drinking like a trooper and getting my Protein Shakes in llke a pro. but OMG THE Constipation had me praying for relief I always pray but to think I would spend so much of that precious time praying about that was unbelievable . so the answered prayer was so key to me saying ok it was not so bad lol... I know you excited as your day is right around the corner .you doing pre op diet yet? what is your pre op diet. Hope not alllll liquid.. Hit me back.....

@november11 I super love how you named yourself after your date! LOL

I had to laugh even though I know it's not funny, when things ain't moving out of the body it's a miserable thing!

Well I had my appointment with the group nutritionist and since I am self pay I do not have to be on liquid too long pre-op. But even with my band I was only on Clear Liquids a few days. So Dec. 6th I start the clear liquids.

I am preping myself. Since I had the band before I kinda know that part of it. So I have weaned off coffee and sugar already.

I am SUPER UBER excited and so ready to feel happy in my body again. I'm following you!

Fellow former bander here. I had mine done the end of July and I'm holding on for a wild ride. Word to the wise I entered this journey with a "been there done that", and I was surprised that shortly after surgery I went through all of the "what did I do and why did I do it" moments. I had those moments of missing food and anger. I guess having done the journey doesn't make it a breeze, it just helps you understand that this will pass. I have reached a point that I was at a good fill, I can eat regular food, not much and I'm finally in a good spot in my head except for stalls. They make me unhappy. I guess what I'm saying is to be careful as all the uncertainties will pop up even if you've been down this road.

13 hours ago, SabrinaGoddess said:

@november11 I super love how you named yourself after your date! LOL

I had to laugh even though I know it's not funny, when things ain't moving out of the body it's a miserable thing!

Well I had my appointment with the group nutritionist and since I am self pay I do not have to be on liquid too long pre-op. But even with my band I was only on Clear Liquids a few days. So Dec. 6th I start the clear liquids.

I am preping myself. Since I had the band before I kinda know that part of it. So I have weaned off coffee and sugar already.

I am SUPER UBER excited and so ready to feel happy in my body again. I'm following you!

Hey!!! yeah it's gonna be better this time around , im sure you have learned some stuff from before what to do and what NOT to do .. you gonna be awesome cause you are not a quitter I see.. keep in touch and I will be remembering December 9th.. I know you are self pay and for that reason you don't have the must do's but the must do's are for a medical reason not money so why dont' you start your pre op a week or two like we did and make sure your liver is nice and shrank so the surgeon can have a smoother process and you will get a jump start on following the post op diet... Just a thought..... Please keep in touch ….

I'm very new here but would love to make some friends here. I followed you.

My VSG is scheduled for 12/10/2019 and I'm nervous. Doing my best to educate myself fully about my new life. This forum will hopefully give me actual insights into the process. My current plan is to do exactly what my doctor and dieticians tell me to do. I really like to hear about other VSGers experiences.

Drop me a line if you want.

Jan

@JanLPhun Followed back, very nice to meet you!

I see you are in KY. I am born and raised!

@november11 Yep, we thinking alike, I have started early for preop. I'm not waiting!