Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not so easy to make friends here...

9 hours ago, SabrinaGoddess said:

How are you feeling!

What's been the toughest part so far

A bit of a roller coaster. I didn't expect to be so emotional. I need to stop weighing myself daily. My biggest struggle has been the drinking while eating I have always drank a lot not drinking while eating has been a huge adjustment for me. I constantly watch the clock.

5 hours ago, Byrd0315 said:

I would love to follow you on your journey. I also was banded 2009 and am starting the process of a revision surgery to bypass

Wow! May I ask what happened to your band?

mine eroded!

On 11/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, SabrinaGoddess said:

@Frustr8 it’s good to share your struggle! It helps others during their struggle phase

On 11/13/2019 at 6:53 PM, Beaconkitty said:

Just saying hi! I am new here but have lurked for awhile. Next week I am getting sleeved

How do you modify your profile information? How do you add weight and surgery date, etc?

Hi!
I'm banded in 2012 and having sleeve done on 12/2... We can DEFINITELY be buddies!

Hi there!!!! I've been on this site here and there. I reside in Atlanta. I was sleeved 3 weeks. So far I have lost 15.4 pounds.....kinda depressed about that. I guess going in looking through the stats of others I thought I would be further along. So for me I kinda used this site as a means of guidance. But I am definitely open to making friends through this tough journey!!!

Sent from my LM-X420 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/15/2019 at 6:51 AM, GothGal said:

I'm already seeing changes in my relationship with food....the rest of my family (3 teens and a hubby) can chow down on regular foods right in front of me and I'm not that bothered, because I'm keeping my eye on the prize.

Then you have your head in the right space! That's half the battle! Will be looking for your updates this week! ❤️

On 11/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, adebenedetto said:

I am being sleeved next Tuesday, November 19th. I am a little nervous about the food changes but will manager. I am more nervous about Hair loss.

Make sure you take your Biotin and Vitamins. I didn't have much Hair loss when I was banded. But then again I have a ton of hair.

1 hour ago, Heather246 said:

How do you modify your profile information? How do you add weight and surgery date, etc?

Go under your name and slide down to "TICKERS"

On 11/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, adebenedetto said:

I am being sleeved next Tuesday, November 19th. I am a little nervous about the food changes but will manager. I am more nervous about Hair loss.

WHEEE that's this week! I will be watching for your progress! You got this!

What you most excited about after the surgery?

12 minutes ago, SabrinaGoddess said:

Go under your name and slide down to "TICKERS"

Can you do this via phone? I think I’m just technology challenged haha

Hi, everyone. I’m new around these parts and in pre op diet phase. Been hanging around here a lot to keep me from thinking of food while family eats in front of me haha learning a lot as well.

20 minutes ago, CapyCapybara said:

Hi, everyone. I’m new around these parts and in pre op diet phase. Been hanging around here a lot to keep me from thinking of food while family eats in front of me haha learning a lot as well.

20 minutes ago, CapyCapybara said:

I don't see it on my cell phone either..smh

On 11/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, SabrinaGoddess said:

Hell errrrbody!

When I was banded in 2009 I was on this platform daily and making some pretty awesome friends, pretty fast. LOL

It seems this time around I'm a lonely painter living in a box of paints. (bonus points for who knows where I got that from?)

I am active, been chatting and looking and responding but it seems pretty quiet for me.

Maybe it's just me but I sure do like talking to folk about their experiences, fears, achievements, disappointments, etc.

I am being sleeved Dec. 9th, 2019 by Dr. Matthew Metz in Denver Colorado

aziz-acharki-t2FSXkCxr5U-unsplash.jpg

Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I too was a former Bander I had it put in 2009 and taken out 2 years ago. I had my sleeve done at the end of July and I'm very happy with it. I thought it would be a breeze as I had band experience, but I must have forgotten a few things. The "was I crazy" about 2 weeks after surgery and the realization that I was going to really have a different life. I'm pretty settled now and try to keep my foods in control. If you have questions this group is here to help you. Good Luck!

Hell errrrbody!
When I was banded in 2009 I was on this platform daily and making some pretty awesome friends, pretty fast. LOL
It seems this time around I'm a lonely painter living in a box of paints. (bonus points for who knows where I got that from?)
I am active, been chatting and looking and responding but it seems pretty quiet for me.
Maybe it's just me but I sure do like talking to folk about their experiences, fears, achievements, disappointments, etc.
I am being sleeved Dec. 9th, 2019 by Dr. Matthew Metz in Denver Colorado

aziz-acharki-t2FSXkCxr5U-unsplash.thumb.jpg.10ac71ced1070d14dd41698e3159558b.jpg

I'm looking for friends on here too. I need support.

Sent from my LG-US998 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m fairly new here and just terrible at friendships in general and keeping up with posts I want to answer and can’t always find the energy or words to do so. My journey has been rough but I don’t regret it. Anesthesia hit me hard, then pneumonia and other things. We weigh the risks but sometimes step right in because we know it’s the right thing to do. I hadn’t posted on any forums in a long time due to what happened with a friendship gone wrong. She was like a sister to me. At times I’m wanting to delete what I say and now I try to resist that need. I literally couldn’t move after surgery. Get out of bed or function. But it was time for me to make that choice. I had bypass, my body would have rejected a band. I had bypass due to GERD and BMI of 40. we are all on the road to doing what’s best for us. We feel alone in it and can be hard to open up and discuss on a open forum, I find yes people, talk more when there are problems but it might help someone else down the line.

A lot of people come and go on this site. The euphoria of the surgery coupled with the rapid weight loss makes some here avid contributors. Then life has a way of getting back to normal and the posts tend to slow down and in most cases drop altogether. I've been here for a little over two years with a little over 400 posts. I don't come here as much as I did in the past but I do drop in to see if there is something I can learn or if I can be of help to someone else. I've messaged people in the past with no response and I've posted new topics at times with no responses. I never gave it a second thought and I moved on. If you want to make friends this might be the ideal place but, if you want to get a good cross section of advice on WLS this is a great place to be. Good luck on your continued good health.