Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Speed of weight loss

I am new to this forum and not sure if I am entering things correctly. I would love to hear back from you all to see if you have any suggestions for how fast weight should drop off. I know everyone is different. Are there any secrets to boost metabolism if you are not able to walk or exercise? Read my story and you'll understand my problem.

Any input would be helpful!

it depends on so many factors that it's impossible to tell - age, gender, metabolic rate, starting BMI, whether or not you lost weight prior to surgery, etc. The only thing you really have control over is how committed you are to your program. I was a slow loser, but I almost never went off my program. I lost all my excess weight, but it took around 20 months.

the only way I know of to increase your metabolism is strength training. Muscles burn more calories than fat, so the more muscular you are, the more calories you'll burn, even when you're sleeping.

11 hours ago, Red Ginger said:

how fast weight should drop off

This is entirely based upon each individual. Try to focus less on how much you're losing, and more on living a healthier lifestyle. As you begin to lose weight, being more active becomes a lot easier.

I had my surgery 12 days prior to you and you have lost more weight than I. I have been in a month long stall, but I did just lose 2 pounds. I am 54 and I think I am at the point where I can add in some weights to my routine. I am not sure what age you are, but I love the Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" he makes it fun and the music is great! Also as Catmouse said, weights add muscle and muscles mean burning more calories. Welcome to the group!

From my experience you need to figure out the right combination of Protein and fluids for you!