Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

skin removal in mexico

I am looking to have excess skin removed from upper arms, upper thighs , tummy, butt, poss chin done, and maybe breast work.How does this all work if you go to Mexico? Do you pay it all up front, can you make payments? is i safe? How do you find someone to do it? and can you fly right after release?

if you get it done in mexico and something goes wrong,, after you return home will you be covered by your reg insurance, or can they refuse to treat you?

it seems like a lot of people here and on other forums use Dr. Carmina Cardenas in Tijuana or Dr. Francisco Saucedo in Monterrey. For other names, check www.realself.com It's a site where people rate doctors - all specialties - but most seem to be plastic surgeons. A lot of the patients post before/after pictures, too.

people usually stay in the area for a couple of weeks after surgery to make sure everything is OK. Dr. Cardenas has a place where patients stay for the first week that is staffed by nurses. Not sure about Dr. Saucedo - if not, he has them stay in a hotel near his clinic (can't remember - but I did do an email consult with him and I'm pretty sure the price included this stay).

as long as you do your homework and pick a reputable surgeon, it should be safe.

you'll have to ask your insurance company if complications are covered. I had to have my PCP remove a staple that was sticking out (I had my surgery in the US, but out-of-state), and insurance covered it. I don't know if that's universally true, though.

also, payment up front vs payments would depend on the surgeon. I suspect most would want it up front, but you never know...

if you get it done in mexico and something goes wrong,, after you return home will you be covered by your reg insurance, or can they refuse to treat you?
They can't refuse anything that is "Medically Nessecary".

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Idk for sure that's scares me. A nurse at the hospital says they cant refuse me but im giong to call n ask

On 11/11/2019 at 8:42 PM, amithistrose said:

if you get it done in Mexico and something goes wrong,, after you return home will you be covered by your reg insurance, or can they refuse to treat you?

I was told by two different insurance companies that if you have any complication from a procedure done outside the US that they will not pay for it. You would not be denied care but you would have to self pay.

O wow thank you. I have an apt with my dr. I will def get clarification on this

I'm too scared to go outside the USA and risk complications, but I wish you the best of luck as I know a lot of people have successfully done so.

Dr Francisco Sauceda in Monterrey, MX is highly regarded on realself and in the WLS community for post-bariatric plastic surgery. After his patients are discharged from the hospital, they recover at the Hampton Inn hotel and his amazing nurse Paty visits you everyday; she helps you shower, checks your incisions, and replaces the bandages. Dr S also visits you at the hotel daily. As far as food, there’s options at the hotel, an HEB supermarket nearby, a number of restaurants, and you can order from Uber Eats. There’s a shopping mall, food court, and movie theater nearby too.

12 days at the hotel and up to $600 towards your airline ticket are included as part of your quote, as well as all post-op visits (MD & RN).