Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❀2 yrs (24/4mo) Post Op❀

67586901-golden-number-two-2-metallic-balloon-party-decoration-golden-balloons-anniversary-sign-for-happy-hol.thumb.jpg.a32bd295008852b4273b56a7dc27889c.jpg🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Current Weight 149 BMI 27 Happiness 8/10 πŸ˜‚

It's been a wild ride y'all. Still I firmly believe it was a fantastic choice. You don't know the end results when you begin a project (including tje hiccups) but thays perfectly fine. I don't mind a challenge.

I have started in one place (VSG) changed to another (RNY) which i never imagined as a possibility or necessity for me because i never had reflux prior but i remain excited and hopeful about the future and about all of life.

My weightloss is old news to most people. Its no longer jarring, shocking, surprising, exciting or headlining so I get to settle into real life and stay the course permanently.

Am I afraid of regain? Yes and No.

I am afraid of going above a certain weight 160-170s (Beyonce pre Coachella weight πŸ˜‚) but everything under that is gravy 😍 I will not eat myself into a higher range. I also will not exercise my self artificially lower. I spoke with my nutritionist about a year ago about this ans its not for me. If it happens it will be medically induced, and Ya girl will be honestband open about everything going on.

Do I have perfect food habits? Yes and No.

My habits are perfect for me. Balanced. I can eat a salad and dessert. And feel no guilt. Dial up or down my intake according to need. (*I do no/never have food addiction* so in this way I believe I got off easy. If I had to contend with that I'm not sure where I would currently be, but hindsight wise choosen full DS, IMHO anything else is not a good choice)

Do I love my post WLS body more? Yes and No.

I loved my body from the start. Never hated it ever. But when I was heavier I began to become randomly sicker i a matter of weeks. I had to have surgery. No choice really. But now I feel the same way I NEED plastics. No way around it. I don't look horribly melty but I'm heading in that direction if i lose anymore weight.

Have I gained any new insight now vs earlier... You've guessed it! Yes and No.

I'm still the same old GTL albeit updated model 😎 but I have learned to meet people where they are and work with them there amd move on when the path diverges. No more people projects. I have a few real projects I'm still not done with so i need to focus on important stuff πŸ˜₯

I'm a little more chill in certain ways But a little more aggressive in others (i STILL call people out on their BS)

Pics soon I'm on the move...

PhotoEditor_20191108_130227451.jpg

PhotoEditor_20191108_131336537.jpg

PhotoEditor_20191108_131035811.jpg

PhotoEditor_20191108_130416238.jpg

PhotoEditor_20191108_130811973.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Happy Happy 2 Year Anniversary!! You're a rockstar!!! Congrats. I've loved watching your journey and am inspired by you!!! Thanks for keeping us motivated, positive, and filling the place with fun, humor and joy!!! ((hugs))

Congratulations enjoy it - You earned it

Happy Anniversary!

Congrats! Happy Anniversary!

Thanks everyone!!!

Goodness. Graciousness .. My spell check is trash it loves the wrong words now πŸ˜‚ please forgive the mistakes

Also my original surgery date was 11/7/17 but I just couldn't upload the post before midnight on the 7th for some reason (I literally fell asleep while writing it) πŸ˜‚

Edited by GreenTealael

Happy Surgiversary! You are such a positive influencer! I feel privileged to have shared in your journey!

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Happy Happy 2 Year Anniversary!! You're a rockstar!!! Congrats. I've loved watching your journey and am inspired by you!!! Thanks for keeping us motivated, positive, and filling the place with fun, humor and joy!!! ((hugs))

πŸ’– Thank You πŸ’–

6 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Happy Surgiversary! You are such a positive influencer! I feel privileged to have shared in your journey!

😍 Thank You 😍

Congratulations GTL!!!!!! I seriously and utterly 🧑 you and your insights!! In another world, I suspect we would have been true BFFs[emoji3][emoji3][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1] but I'll settle for virtual friendship. Your authenticity is refreshing!
Keep up the fantastic journey and wishing you many more evolutions [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations! You've always been such an inspiration to me and I've always been so grateful for your advice. You mean a lot to many of us πŸ’œ