Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Suggestions on Vitamins

I asked my Weightloss Center and they only support Vitamins that are sold by the WLC. It's a horrible place to go and I do not recommend them to anyone.

Anyway,

I bought

Bariatric Fusion Tropical fruit Bariatric Multivitamin Soft Chews for Post Bariatric Surgery Patients Including Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy, 60 Count, 1 Month Supply

and I asked my WLC dietician and she was upset that I did not want to take the Celebrate MC r18 that they sold. I explained that the chewable they sell makes me sick and I cannot even force myself to eat them without getting ill.

She said "fine" then told me that I could take the ones I bought but didn't tell me how many I needed to take or if the recommand two chewable a day were fine.

Anyone know if two chewables a day are fine?

I'm not sure if it's natural and I never noticed, but today I was able to see my hair start shedding and I had my surgery 3 months ago today. I haven't noticed this in the past.

51haIs+Z1gL.jpg

Why don't you use a 1-per day capsule? I used BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE "1 per Day!" Bariatric Multivitamins from https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one!

BariatricPal has an offer just for this group where it'll cost you only $99 for an entire year supply! Check it out at https://store.bariatricpal.com/products/bariatricpal-multivitamin-one-1-per-day-bariatric-multivitamin-capsules-yearly-subscription

With just ONE convenient & affordable BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE each day, you can get the bariatric Vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy! BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE was designed and developed by a team of the world's leading Bariatric medical professionals.

Please take a Calcium supplement separately to prevent interference with absorption of Iron. You can view a large selection of bariatric friendly Calcium supplements at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/calcium.

You can find many other bariatric friendly multivitamin options and brands at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/multivitamins

Most of the Vitamins out there don't have the amount of vitamins my doctor wants me to have, but I am a bypass patient. I've only found 2 kinds that match what they want, at least in a chewable variety since I haven't been released to capsules yet. My clinic doesn't require as high amounts for sleeve patients, so I think these would likely match my clinic's requirements for sleeve patients just taking the 2 a day. Maybe you could send an e-mail over to your clinic just to be sure you are following your doctor's recommendations?

Hair loss starting at 3 to 4 months is, unfortunately, quite normal. Make sure you are hitting your Protein goals and keeping up with your vitamins, that's the best way to minimize how much loss there is!

Sadly the clinic I'm with is very bad. I already asked them about these and they stated they only promote the Vitamins they carry and no other brand.

Their meetings we had to take prior to the surgery were just hour long sales pitches for their vitamins.

I showed them the vitamins I'm now taking and the dietician basically said "fine" and that was it.

I also make sure I hit my Protein goals by drinking 3 of these Protein Drinks that are 30 g protein each.

Edited by Sinema

6 minutes ago, Sinema said:

Sadly the clinic I'm with is very bad. I already asked them about these and they stated they only promote the Vitamins they carry and no other brand.

Their meetings we had to take prior to the surgery were just hour long sales pitches for their vitamins.

I showed them the vitamins I'm now taking and the dietician basically said "fine" and that was it.

I also make sure I hit my Protein goals by drinking 3 of these Protein Drinks that are 30 g Protein each a day.

That is such a shame! You would think they really want you to be healthy more than anything else. They really should have been willing to tell you how many you need. Is there another clinic close enough to you that you could switch?

I did my best to compare these ones to the ones your clinic wanted you on and it looks decently comparable (some of the stats are slightly higher or lower, but from the untrained eye, nothing too bad).

The biggest thing I noted is that these ones do not have Iron. I don't know if you're required to be on iron, but you may need to get it from another source if you are. It also doesn't have Vitamin K, but I can't honestly say how important that is.

just check to make sure your Vitamins meet the ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery) requirements. It usually takes two multivitamins per day to meet the guidelines, plus a couple of extra individual supplements (usually Iron and calcium). You have to scroll down to page 6 to see the requirements (page six is entitled "Supplement Recommendations to Prevent Post-WLS Micronutrient Deficiency"). I take two Centrum Silver tablets (or the generic equivalent) every day. Here's the section with the page that lists the requirements:

https://asmbs.org/app/uploads/2008/09/ASMBS-Nutritional-Guidelines-2016-Update.pdf

It takes this below to keep my blood work dead on, Key is absorption - You can go with all the marketing or you can go to the facts - I have found the most powerful ones that have the highest levels of absorption are the weight lifting ones - The black GNC powder realy hits me hard, use less and it does go in my system. The bariatric ones are often passed and not even 50% absorbed so be careful

Key is the little supplement 1oz blasts also they add the extra mix

Vitamins.jpg

Do what you want don't let them push you into their up selling tactics...