Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we just be for real ???

Raises hand!

A year ago, I finally hit bottom and was tired of always feeling crappy, not liking how I looked, having no self confidence, etc. and made the decision to have surgery.

Fast forward...I am 8 months out and am starting to love what I see in the mirror. I’m starting to take more risks, finding my voice and coming into my own.

The photo on the left was me five years ago, the one on the right was 3 weeks ago. I still have a ways to go to hit my goal but I’m pretty freakin proud of how far I’ve come and can’t wait to see what’s ahead.

EB83E390-E2BB-40CA-9954-4CA74069FFE6.jpeg

BLOODY OATH (Aussie slang)

Of course I can't wait for to be able to go out and meet a woman without being judged before I even open my mouth!!!

I want to be able to have options when the time comes!

I want to find a woman that deserves everything I have to offer if she has big tits great :D love curves!!

I love the comment whatever motivates you. For me it was likely being able to engage in activities avoid disease - health. As for being sexy it is exhausting. I question other peoples motives more and do not dig attention Been a hell of a week so maybe next week I will be flirty. It is a mixed bag as I have have internalized some of the pressure to be beautiful which has been intense for over 30 years. Definitely all over fluffy’s hierarchy. Except perhaps self actualization.

Pug-Mom-Patti-

You look AMAZING! And you've lost all that weight since March?

I'm going to say something, and I hope you don't take it like the stuff they usually say to compliment overweight women "oh, she has SUCH a lovely face"... but you have the most beautiful hair! Mine used to be that color when I was young but has first gotten darker (and then grayer) as I've gotten -ahem- more mature.

If I were younger getting Sexy Back would be a prime motivator.

But at this point I just want to be more physically able and not have people judge me because of my size.

That happened for me initially at 200lbs and I want it back.

I am dieting and hoping for a revision soon if my insurance will allow it.

Honestly, no. My weight gain made absolutely no difference to how he was with me and nor is the weight loss. I honestly did it for myself.

11 hours ago, Pug-Mom-Patti said:

Raises hand!

A year ago, I finally hit bottom and was tired of always feeling crappy, not liking how I looked, having no self confidence, etc. and made the decision to have surgery.

Fast forward...I am 8 months out and am starting to love what I see in the mirror. I’m starting to take more risks, finding my voice and coming into my own.

The photo on the left was me five years ago, the one on the right was 3 weeks ago. I still have a ways to go to hit my goal but I’m pretty freakin proud of how far I’ve come and can’t wait to see what’s ahead.

EB83E390-E2BB-40CA-9954-4CA74069FFE6.jpeg

wow you are rocking it!1

Yes, looking better is on my list. Mostly though I want my health to improve, be able to participate more and to just feel better. My hubby and I have been married 28 years this coming leap year and he has been by my side and since he is an active person I would like to be active with him!

8 hours ago, november11 said:

wow you are rocking it!1

Thank you, November! 😊

12 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

Pug-Mom-Patti-

You look AMAZING! And you've lost all that weight since March?

I'm going to say something, and I hope you don't take it like the stuff they usually say to compliment overweight women "oh, she has SUCH a lovely face"... but you have the most beautiful hair! Mine used to be that color when I was young but has first gotten darker (and then grayer) as I've gotten -ahem- more mature.

Thank you JRT! I have w wonderful hairstylist that gives me this color..normally, I’m a dark blonde, though I haven’t seen that in many years. 😊

Much of my hierarchy is in line with fluffy’s.

That being said, now that I’ve hit goal weight, I’m finding my inner narcissist and I’m doing my best to improve appearances.

My husband fell in love with me and married me while I was MO.
a huge benefit to a second marriage is that neither of us were young and we could see beyond the physical.
My husband is happier now bc I am happier now. He has always indulged me—it was a financial sacrifice to do this and plastics will be even more, but he’s willing to sacrifice with me and for me bc of how happy and healthy I am now.

The biggest boost I’ve received over the last 9 months is that people treat me so much differently now. It’s not fair—people should be treated the same regardless of size— but that’s simply not how the world works.
People are nicer and more willing to talk,take you seriously, make eye-contact ,smile,help you more when you’re a “normal” BMI.

No. It was for my health alone. I liked the way I looked fat, my husband was attracted to me, so no issues there. I knew looking worse after surgery was a possibility. And I do look worse. Loose skin sucks, rapid weight loss ages the face. I cover myself up more than I ever before. But thems the breaks.

this is if course a personal thing—and not a critique on anyone. Many many people love the way they look after surgery, they gain tons of confidence and this is a wonderful thing. But not liking the way you look afterwards is also completely normal, so If you’re out there feeling this way, don’t feel alone.

Late to this ... but absolutely, vanity was by far my main motivation.

I didn't have any health issues. I knew that as I age more than likely I would. But that seemed far off, and not urgent enough to push me to have WLS.

I could say, I wanted to be more active. But the reality is I just didn't want to be the only one sweaty and out of breath. So even that comes down to vanity

I also knew that I wouldn't be happy with loose skin and deflated breasts. Plastic surgery was always the end game for me as well.

Well Jake, shall we say- thanks to the Lantern Lady you both now See The Light? Best Wishes for a GOOD Relationship and a Beautiful Future AHEAD!💑