Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleeves

Hi everyone I was just approved for VSG. I’m waiting on a call back from my surgeon with the official surgery date. I am looking to have it done the second weeks of December. I am so nervous and scared and excited!!! I also keep second guessing myself and thinking if I’ll chicken out and just not do it. I really really really want this done because at this point there is nothing I have not tried to loose the weight. I am scared of failing I guess. I’ve lost almost 20lbs since I began my appts to get this done. I am on a daily injection to suppress my appetite which was a big contributor.

If you are a fellow December surgery let’s lean on each other throughout our recovery!

Hi hi.. mine is on December 1.. I'm pretty nervous about it and got pre-OP anxiety .. I'm very afraid of general anaesthesia ..eventhough deep down I know it's nothing.. like everyone has been telling me It's like dreaming.. and I am afraid of pain and complications too .. like gallbladder stones.. I mean I'm only 24.. well ,soon to be 25 lolol (my bd is on december too😁) just thinking about removing my GB at such young age scares me a lot...but overall I think it's worth it ; to have a healthy body and dress pretty too, not just some oversized sh..t😅 plus no more of those people judging you when you pass🤦

If you think about the results it's worth it... that's what I'm telling my self too🤓

hope it goes well for all of us😍

I got the call earlier today that my surgery date will be 12/16!!! I have to go in and get the info for my preop liquid diet.

56 minutes ago, djgirl19 said:

Congrats to you all. I was sleeved in June and it’s changed my life. I’m so so thankful to have my sleeve. Excited for you all to get your new tool☺️

That’s amazing! Congrats to you as well! How were the first few weeks post op for you?

December 9th and I'd love to stay in touch. Today I got my nutrition book and checklist. I am super uber excited.

I also got some pretty nice Gastric Sleeve cookbooks on Kindle for like $2.99

Let's do this!

I also created a blog. I was banded in 2009 and unbanded in 2012 so it's going to be interesting to compare the two.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, TwinMom1221 said:

My date is December 9!

me too!

Aye let's do this guys 💪😁

Good luck you guys. You're in for the ride of your life! You will experience so much positive change in the coming months and years!

On 11/07/2019 at 08:49, JediMom said:

That’s amazing! Congrats to you as well! How were the first few weeks post op for you?

I won’t lie. Those first few weeks were hard. Like really hard. But I followed all the rules. And it seems like ages ago. Those early days will creep along but play by the rules as much as you possibly can and you will be amazed at the progress. Good luck!

3 hours ago, djgirl19 said:

I won’t lie. Those first few weeks were hard. Like really hard. But I followed all the rules. And it seems like ages ago. Those early days will creep along but play by the rules as much as you possibly can and you will be amazed at the progress. Good luck!

Can you elaborate what the hardest part was? Was it pain wise or the liquids/food

2 hours ago, Fitnessrn16 said:

I’m 12/20! Merry Christmas to me lol

Yay congrats! We will be having surgery the same week! I’m nervous it being right before the holiday. I have 3 kids and I don’t want to spoil their Xmas if I’m not feeling well. I feel most nervous about my immediate post op recovery.

On 11/09/2019 at 00:37, JediMom said:

Can you elaborate what the hardest part was? Was it pain wise or the liquids/food

Sure:) I healed well and have a pretty good tolerance for pain so pain wasn’t an issue at all. I felt great after the first week and was off my pain meds. I was hungry and wanted to eat real food, not liquids. I also have a family of boys who ate what they wanted as normal in front of me. I’m not someone who expected or asked anyone to modify their behavior in support of me so everyone will have a different opinion on this. I didn’t expect to feel hungry so soon so I never asked them to be mindful. I was grouchy and irritated and sometimes even felt sad or somewhat “left out”. I’m a huge joker so I made fun of my sad options like a shake or broth while they would have pizza or whatever. I also didn’t do much cooking at all because it was super hard. Smelling real food made me insane. Once I got to solid foods it was downhill and much easier. I follow Protein first rule. No carbonation. Drink my water/liquids. And usually only choose the healthiest options. Plus I avoid carbs. I do have a bite of them here and there so I don’t fall off the wagon and binge carby junk but my diet is quite different now. And I’m very satisfied. I’ve adjusted to this lifestyle and am very happy with it. Plus the results have reinforced my choices so it’s helped keep me on track. I’m happy for you! Best of luck