Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleeves

On 12/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, -fart-kab0b- said:

I'm having mine 12/23 as well. My fiancee just had it done yesterday. Happy holidays to us! :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Jenny867 said:

Take pictures!! The left is 6 days post op, the right is 16 days post op. I didn’t notice a difference until I compared the pics.

DFAC394B-31DD-4C7C-BF0E-630B6B5E5DC7.jpeg

Wow. In only 10 short days. I better get my pics now. Lol. Keep us posted..you got this.

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve surgery on the 18th at 7am. Been fighting dehydration, but feeling much better today than I did on the day and two days after, which I mostly slept through which is my normal MO when I feel crappy. Don't seem to have any issues, other than gas and dehydration. Not sure how I am going to get three of these shakes down and the proper amount of Water a day but I am trying. Glad everyone else is doing well!

Hi everyone!! New here and just had my VSG on 12/18. Horrendous nausea the first day but have been okay since. No real pain, just what I would describe as muscle soreness around the incisions if I move weird, so I didn’t even fill my pain med prescription. I had to do Clear Liquids for the first 2 days and really struggled with it - I didn’t get anywhere near the amount of Protein or Water that I should have. Today was the first day back on a “full liquid” diet prescribed by my doctor & I was able to get the shakes, half a clear Protein Drink, and a cup of Soup in.

Today was also the first day I’ve really been around other people who were eating normally and it was a real struggle. Between the smells and just seeing the food, I felt like I was starving but I know that had to just be in my head. Anyone have any tips for getting through that? I’m afraid this just means my mental/emotional issues with food are going to waylay me much sooner than I anticipated. 😏

@fat2fabmyway. Hey. You and I got our surgery on the same day. I have pain as well. Mostly when I stand from sitting. Gotta take it slow. Bigger concern for me is the gas pain. I can’t shake it. Tried walking around the block but it doesn’t suffice. Gas X helps a little bit but I can hear the gas breaking up in my abdomen. Just doesn’t exit!
My appetite is nonexistent however, head hunger is insane. 5 out of every 7 commercials on tv are for food/restaurants.

Sleeve date; 12/18. So I’m only 4 days post op. Already bored trying to drink only Clear Liquids. My dr has me on clear liquid wk 1, the full liquid wk 2, I don’t eat solids until wk 5.

Anyway - the best drink I’ve liked so far is gateorade zero berry with 1 scoop of unflavored Isopure (25g protein). It’s not overly sweet like the premier clear liquids.

its only been 4 days, I haven’t weighed myself yet, I’m trying to hold off until my 1 wk post op day. I do “feel” lighter. Gas pains are finally gone - still have some incision pain & getting up and down pain. I started walking around the block yesterday (16 min) but it’s a start.

The thing that’s driving me crazy is I quit Smoking b4 surgery and all I can think about is a cigarette. I just broke down and had half a cig so I could see how gross it would taste and not want it anymore. That’s some crazy addictive brain reasoning I know.

I had my surgery 12/18 also. I drank Water and some chicken broth the day of and the day after, but know I totally failed to get my Protein in those two days the gas was bad and pouring liquid down just made that worse for me. The following day at home I drank water but probably not quite enough but as much as I could. The fourth day, yesterday I drank more water and got two and one half Protein Shakes in without incident. Today I am determined to get all three in and plenty of water. I also like the Isopure zero carb drinks, those have 40 grams of protein, are 20 ozs each and only have 90 calories. They are more like punch or koolaid, slightly thicker but very little and I like them because they are clear and not so sweet. They have an alpine punch, a lemonade and a passion fruit flavor I really like. No sugar no carbs and no artificial sweeteners. The protein drinks, my favorite is the peaches and cream (and normally peaches would not be my fave) the chocolate and they have a coffee bean flavor is my second fave. The rest of them are too sweet for me.

My husband is doing the shake diet with me just to be supportive, so I have not yet had to face food really. Tuesday night we will go over to a friends for Christmas eve where there will surely be lots of real food but I think I will be OK with a shake, I know my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it and I have no desire to try and put real food down only to find myself chucking it back up. It hurts to sneeze, cough or laugh hard and I can't imagine vomiting would be be any better.

I haven't had any appetite either. I had nothing but water and meds on day three and was fine with that.

It’s nice to see so many surgery “twins” on here! Glad to see everyone doing so well and working through!

@jpbronx Maybe what I’m feeling in my stomach isn’t really hunger but the gas breaking up, as you describe - I keep telling my husband that it’s weird because sometimes it seems like my stomach is “growling”, as if I’m hungry, but I don’t “feel” as if I’m actually hungry - does that make sense? Other times, though, I feel like I’m absolutely starving but I know it’s got to be in my head. Commercials are soooo tempting and, even worse, the smells around the house when my husband makes his meals (bacon TWICE yesterday!!!) are driving me insane. This is really showing me how bad my food addiction is - I’ve had a hard time falling asleep the past few nights because I just start thinking about food.

Haven’t cheated or anything yet and I don’t plan to - I’m on “full liquids” until day 13, then purées for a week, then soft foods for a week, then “real” food is okay to introduce gradually, per my doctor. I just didn’t expect it to be so hard mentally, so soon after the surgery.

Wishing you the best moving forward!!! We’ll get through!!

@fat2fabmyway Sounds like we are experiencing the same noises. Almost like an espresso machine going off inside my abdomen!
He made bacon twice in the same day knowing you couldn’t share? That’s grounds for divorce!!!! Lol. My wife and I had my son’s birthday party the other night. pizza, cheese and crackers, mini cupcakes, etc.... all foods you just pop in your mouth-hungry or not. Honestly I wanted none of it. Normal I’d pick at it every time I walked by but I just told myself that #1 you’re not hungry & #2 it’ll hurt your baby stomach.
I’ve literally ingested 25 calories in the past five days and am Not hungry at all. Weird.

On 12/21/2019 at 20:12, mary77450 said:

Hi everyone. I had my sleeve surgery on the 18th at 7am. Been fighting dehydration, but feeling much better today than I did on the day and two days after, which I mostly slept through which is my normal MO when I feel crappy. Don't seem to have any issues, other than gas and dehydration. Not sure how I am going to get three of these shakes down and the proper amount of Water a day but I am trying. Glad everyone else is doing well!

Hope you’re feeling better! Gatorade zero really healed me with dehydration. I not liking any of the Protein drinks, just gonna get plain protein powder to add to my drinks and foods

33 minutes ago, eporter said:

Hope you’re feeling better! Gatorade zero really healed me with dehydration. I not liking any of the Protein Drinks, just gonna get plain Protein Powder to add to my drinks and foods

I finally found success with the fair life chocolate Protein drinks. They sell them at Walmart. They taste like chocolate milk and I could get them down. Good luck. :)

hi all! had my surgery christmas eve and currently sitting in the waiting room for my first post-op appointment. feeling great but REALLY struggling with the liquid diet, i’m getting everything in without difficulty i’m just so over ten days of this that i’m actually getting really depressed and anxious. i had no idea this would be the hardest part, it’s not even that i’m hungry or crave anything i just hate the taste of these Protein Drinks and they’re so artificial that i hate the idea of investing them. i’m hoping i’ve been doing well enough that maybe my doc will let me start purée early so i can get Protein through real nutrients, fingers crossed.

my first post here so i look forward to posting more and hearing about all your journeys as i embark on mine. happy new year!

@fit.kelz I had mine Christmas Eve too! I'm on Clear Liquids until hopefully Monday when I see the dietitian again but I'm struggling too. I'm so sick of shakes too and all broth/ramen flavored water make me gag now. I've done well physically so far but yesterday the nausea started getting bad to where I'm having to fight to keep anything down even with zofran. I have really bad heartburn too but they say that's normal. I really hope to be released to pureed food Monday because the liquid is going to get the best of me soon.