Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2019 Sleeves

On 11/9/2019 at 8:36 PM, amybutterfly said:

Dec 26th!

Congrats @amybutterfly!! I'm glad to find others that are going to be in December too!

On 11/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, JediMom said:

I got the call earlier today that my surgery date will be 12/16!!! I have to go in and get the info for my preop liquid diet.

I got your note that we have the same surgeon, (who is awesome) Hang in there with the 2 week diet and don’t skimp on your 1 meal a day! It’s tough. *Costco rotisserie chicken and their shrimp cocktail were my friend.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Being sleeved on 12/2. I'm 66 yo and heavy all of my life...so it's a totally different mindset that I'll have to deal with. I've always been a food junkie (not junk food)...have been to some of the best restaurants in the world (good memories for sure) and only need one channel for entertainment on TV (Food Network, duh...). I also am a part-owner in a winery which will be very hard to limit future consumption.

Positive is that my wife is being sleeved the next week...so at least we won't have issues with smelling food cooking, etc. Misery loves company -- but so does success.

Good luck everyone.

HI everyone, newbie here! I've been lurking for a bit but now I have a tentative surgery date so I thought I'd pop in. I had my EGD a couple of weeks ago and they found a moderate hiatal hernia. They said with that size it is safer to fix that first then do the sleeve. So my surgery to repair the hernia was yesterday. Very similar to the sleeve surgery I'm told. I have 5 incisions in my tummy and I'm pretty sore but getting around decently.

I had to be on clear liquids for 2 days prior to the hernia surgery so I know I can do that part of the sleeve surgery. Yes, it sucked but I'm glad I got a preview and it was totally doable. I'm still on liquids the next 4 days but I find I'm just really not that hungry.

I have a tentative sleeve date of 12/26 (I might push it to 12/28 or 12/30). Sleeve surgeon won't touch me until 6 weeks after the hernia surgery and I was really pushing for this to be done before the end of the year and my HD insurance plan rolls over.

I am so excited for the sleeve I can't stand it. It's been hard waiting. Like all of you I have tried every diet under the sun and once I lose a certain number of lbs, my body just starts battling against me and I always lose. This is my last shot.

Nice to meet you all!

December 5th is my date and I am a ball of nerves. My preop diet (Robard) starts next week. I'm praying I can stick with it and that my liver shrinks enough for surgery.

what is the injection appetite suppressor?

Hopefully, I’ll be going y’all. I got news yesterday, from my surgeon, that I have been approved 😬 now I have to wait for gastro to tell me when they want to do the scope . I’m hoping I do not have any hernias 😩 I had 4 kids in 4 years and that place is a wreck now haha

I am now scheduled for the sleeve on 12/12!! I had an original date of 11/14, but the doctor didn't like my thyroid level being so high..so my meds were adjusted and they rescheduled. I should be good to go this time. It's nice to have this forum to read people's experiences and to get prepared. I'm super excited. No nerves quite yet.

Hi y'all. Newbie here, but I have been lurking, and reading, and learning. My sleeve date is December 2nd. I start my one week liquid diet next Tuesday, so I get to drink broth and Jello for Thanksgiving! haha!

I am super excited and very terrified at the same time. When I got my date set I had a mini panic attack. I was freaking out if I was doing the right thing or not.

I am 52 years old, I am ready for this journey, and am ready to be healthy and lose 100 pounds.

Edited by cscarpenter67
punctuation and stuff

5 minutes ago, cscarpenter67 said:

I am 52 years old, I am ready for this journey, and am ready to be healthy and lose 100 pounds.

I am so excited for you! I will be 50 in Feb and this is sort of a Christmas and Birthday gift to myself!

1 hour ago, cscarpenter67 said:

Hi y'all. Newbie here, but I have been lurking, and reading, and learning. My sleeve date is December 2nd. I start my one week liquid diet next Tuesday, so I get to drink broth and Jello for Thanksgiving! haha!

I am super excited and very terrified at the same time. When I got my date set I had a mini panic attack. I was freaking out if I was doing the right thing or not.

Me too, 52 and Dec 23 surgery date. HT 5'2" HW 205, GW 130... post anytime and let us know how your doing.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:36 AM, djgirl19 said:

@JB1 That's some serious motivation getting surgery on 12/23!! That's how I feel with mine on 12/12 and starting my diet on Thanksgiving day... A new start needs to happen any time, any day. I'm ready!