Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i can go skydiving now!!!!!!!

ive always had a dream of skydiving but i was always too heavy. You have to be 250 to be able to do it. This was my first goal and this morning i hit it. I should be taking the jump within the next few weeks. i cant wait!!!

Wow! What a great victory! I used to skydive when I was -ahem- a bit younger and always loved it. You will too!

Are you tandem jumping? They didn't do that when I used to jump-you were on your own-but I think tandem is a great introduction and if you get bit by the bug you'll be jumping on your own in no time. Enjoy!!

39 minutes ago, JRT Mom said:

Wow! What a great victory! I used to skydive when I was -ahem- a bit younger and always loved it. You will too!

Are you tandem jumping? They didn't do that when I used to jump-you were on your own-but I think tandem is a great introduction and if you get bit by the bug you'll be jumping on your own in no time. Enjoy!!

thank you!!

What an exciting NSV!

What would make a grown man jump out of a perfectly good plane?

But congrads have fun - I will wait here on the ground

3 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

What would make a grown man jump out of a perfectly good plane?

But congrads have fun - I will wait here on the ground

As a former skydiver you are making an incorrect assumption that skydiving planes are "perfectly good planes"...most of us felt safer once we left the plane than when we were in it!🤣

Jake funny you mention this because its something I wanted to do as well and have it on my goals list. I am in NJ as well and done a bit of research on it.

Just now, Brent701 said:

Jake funny you mention this because its something I wanted to do as well and have it on my goals list. I am in NJ as well and done a bit of research on it.

yeah i think im gonna do the one in cross keys nj. im down by AC

5 hours ago, JAKE H said:

ive always had a dream of skydiving but i was always too heavy. You have to be 250 to be able to do it. This was my first goal and this morning i hit it. I should be taking the jump within the next few weeks. i cant wait!!!

I can't wait for the photos/videos 🙌

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6 hours ago, JAKE H said:

You're gonna love it! If you haven't already considered it, look into going AFF so you can enjoy the descent all on your own and take your time going down. Have fun and congratulations 😊

congrats - thats a major NSV and a great goal! I went 1 time about 10 years ago and it is terrifying and exhilarating. Hope you love it!

Congrats on this! It's on my list of things to do once I get to my goal weights as well!

Did you ever go?? I’ve gone a few times in my life and want to again post surgery now. It’s so much fun. I’m also in NJ and wondering how the place you went to was! 😀

I’m very close to the weight limit now. I still really want to do this. I am in nj as well.