Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Prep - What was your must haves.

So, I decided to move forward with the surgery around Oct 17th, consulted with my doc on Oct 30th, Set surgery date for Dec 9th! (I am self-pay) So this week I have to schedule my mental evaluation and nutritionist appointment. I am so excited I can just scream! My flight arrangements are made and hotel room booked! (flying to Denver for my doctor and my sister will be coming to stay with me after surgery)

So I started fooling around on Amazon a bit looking for some carry on bags for my flight and stuff. I saw some pretty cool Bariatric plates and bowls with line guides (WOW) and a great little mini blender to take with me for the hotel room.

So, my question for you who have already been sleeved. In hindsight, what did you wish you had the first week after surgery that you did not expect? I will be in a hotel room for 3 days after surgery.

Follow me on 💟➡️Follow Me On IG: @sabrina.goddess.vsg
My blog: www.SabrinaGoddess.com

I didn't need anything special - apart from something for the constipation!

My head on straight! Stop you dont need bowls and cups and all the marketing promo stuff. You Sleeve (A tool) will stop you from eating to much, I personally dont eat much at all, Definitely dont need a plate to tell me how much,

Since you are on a liquid diet for the first week or so i would just bring a Nutra Bullet and go get Soups and brooth and whip it.

Key post surgery is to move and i mean really move walk as much and Sip Water walk sip walk sip walk sip. You most likely will have no desire to eat so that is easy.

Be prepared the head games are evil, They pass quickly but you will be messed with in the head. Congradulations and this is the best thing you can do. Best decision i ever made

The only two things that helped me was getting a Protein Drink I liked set aside in the fridge for when I had my surgery. Every surgeon is different, but I was drinking Protein Drinks 2 days after surgery...though I did add some Water to them to thin it. The second was a clear and measured water bottle so I could record my water intake correctly. Good luck!

Unjury Readymade Protein Shakes. I had a lot of anxiety and agony finding a shake I could tolerate. I just finished one right now. Even 6 months out they are great Meal Replacements. Have never felt that nasty aftertaste associated with most Proteins.

5 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

My head on straight!

LOL! Yes you are right. Since I've been through this before (LapBand fail) I am ok with all those things. I also didn't have any issues at all. But since this one is different than the band I was wondering what differences I could expect. It's gonna be interesting to compare the two.

3 hours ago, Brent701 said:

Unjury Readymade Protein Shakes. I had a lot of anxiety and agony finding a shake I could tolerate. I just finished one right now. Even 6 months out they are great Meal Replacements. Have never felt that nasty aftertaste associated with most Proteins.

I remember those. They weren't so bad for me either in 2009

My favorite was loose fitting pyjama pants so comfy and much better than being naked in a gown lol

1 minute ago, Mikeyy said:

My favorite was loose fitting pyjama pants so comfy and much better than being naked in a gown lol

Oh YES! that is a must!