Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op

I just had my gastric sleeve surgery about 5 days ago and now I'm blaming myself for doing so.

It is painful

I feel the pain inside my abdomen and I feel hungry all the time

Why did I do it

Hang in there! I felt the same way until I was past my first month. Now no regrets except I didn't do it sooner.

Its Called head Games! you are normal do not second guess yourself ... This will all pass and it will be the greatest decision of your life, I was in the same position you were, so was many people in this forum. Do not second guess yourself - You are on your way to a being healthy and happy, only problem is you have to deal with the begining bullshit to get to the reward. IT will pass,

I agree you are not hungry it is your head messing with you, The pain sucks, No doubt i was there and I am tough as hell and it really took its toll, but as i sit her now never been better, happier and healthier.

Reach out if you need anything - I chose to sleep a lot, Watch Tv and just chill. One thing for sure do some research on the next steps, make it easier on yourself - Besides this site i also don;t thing about the surgery anymore - No pain and no side effects.

You got this .... You could have stayed the way you were and be dead quickly, or enjoy the ride and this was a good decision

I felt terrible for two days after I got home from surgery and was wishing I hadn’t done it too! Then I felt like I was starving ALL THE TIME! But, it passed and i feel great now and don’t regret it at all..Hang in there, it certainly does get better!! I am 7 weeks out tomorrow 🤩

Edited by miz

Thank you guys for the support I really appreciate it. I think I'm getting better, I started feeling dizzy today and I think it's due to the low energy

3 minutes ago, Mhn703 said:

I started feeling dizzy today and I think it's due to the low energy

I'm 4 weeks post op as of today and I dealt with a lot of dizziness. I was on a blood pressure reducing medication and I had to stop taking that. Even after only a moderate weight loss post op, my blood pressure is in a very healthy range, but that change can make you dizzy until you get used to it. I'm no doctor, but that is what I've read at least. You may want to keep track of your own blood pressure, especially if you're on medication for it already. Good luck in the days ahead!

Thanks ray

I'm actually on a BP medicine

That might be the reason.

I just lost 18 lbs in 6 days

20 hours ago, Mhn703 said:

I just had my gastric sleeve surgery about 5 days ago and now I'm blaming myself for doing so.

It is painful

Why did I do it

i had extreme stomach area pain for 10 days post op my stomach area was all red i had to take narcotics 4 pills a day after that over time the pain subsided as the bruises were healing..

Yes the BP medicine will make you light headed, I also am on it due to a Stint and trip thru a cardiac ward, I found taking half the Heart pills in the morning and half later on made it easier. Nice job on the wieght loss - You have not seen anything yet,

It really does get a lot better just ride out the bullshit.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:21 PM, Mhn703 said:

It is painful

Why did I do it

Hang in there! I’m sure you will come to love the decision you made. My stomach rumbles for a few days as well. I am 7 days post op and I feel like I’m starving. Mind over matter. You will get through this. However...keep your eye on the pain levels & follow your doctors instructions.