Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The biggest piece of advice you will ever get here is:

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN, DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD.

/facepalm.

Dude, I ate one bite of mushy tuna salad (one week post op today) and the feeling in my chest immediately said “slow down, chew more”...OP is a troll

Maybe the breadstick Killed her? The scooby doo mystery is on!

On 11/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, catwoman7 said:

looks like he/she joined, posted the above right after joining, and then has never been back. Might be a troll.

I was thinking the same thing from his/her first post.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:02 AM, FknUpAlready said:

Omg

I am one week post op and the only difference I feel is pain on the right side of my stomach. I have not experienced any nausea or vomiting, in fact, while I was in the hospital the day after surgery I was out of it and guzzled Water out of a straw! I don’t think this works for me AT ALL. Like did my physician take a tiny bit of my stomach? Today I went to Olive Garden to have the Zuppa Soup because it is cheap and hearty. Although I eat a little slower, I still devoured my Soup and had a breadstick. I did not feel full, bloated, nothing. I feel like this procedure was a waste for me and all I have to show or feel from it is scars on my stomach (which my tape has not fallen off yet), crazy bruising, and track marks on my belly from those dreadful shots. I have major pain bending over and getting out of bed but I have no problem with my Fluid intake or going to the gym. Three days post op and I was doing 45 minutes on the elliptical. I just don’t get it. I’m so disappointed in myself and this process. I think I just need to go to freakin weight watchers AGAIN.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should..... like guzzling Water or drinking out of a straw. Shame on the Hospital for even giving you one.

One week out and you were eating Zuppa and bread? Before i finished your sentence i thought, i bet she even ate bread..... You should still be on Clear Liquids, if not clear, at least full.

You should ask your self, why are you already self-sabotaging..... I agree with some of the others.... you really need to go back to your dr.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:18 AM, Mikeyy said:

Y

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, AJ Tylo said:

You are going to hurt yourself or kill yourself Stop

Ok I am blunt and going to tell you my view - Sure others will jump in also but don't take it personally, we are all here to help, Not criticize

You were not ready for surgery and you were not prepared!! You have head games going on and I find it freakin amazing you can eat a bread stick. You need a routing a healthy lifestyle, Eating out is no way on any post surgery plan for anyone, You need to stop, Get on a plan and be careful, You can cause serious damage right now. Start reading the post op and make a plan.

WTF i have seen this a few times what kind of doctor does this surgery without these patients being ready for the post op and what it takes? If you dont mind is this surgery out of the USA

I must agree you were so not ready for surgery and are hurting yourself and any chances of success. If weight watchers was working for you you would not be here having this break down of choices . Please talk to your nutritionalist and get on the program of following instuctions why are you working out just one week out of surgery???

this is only a tool , you must use it correctly ,be patient,and use common sense and most of all follow your physician's nutritionalist etc... instructions to the T..right now your biggest concern should be getting in 64 0z of Water and 80 grams of Protein via liquid....

On 11/2/2019 at 11:02 PM, FknUpAlready said:

Omg

I am one week post op and the only difference I feel is pain on the right side of my stomach. I have not experienced any nausea or vomiting, in fact, while I was in the hospital the day after surgery I was out of it and guzzled Water out of a straw! I don’t think this works for me AT ALL. Like did my physician take a tiny bit of my stomach? Today I went to Olive Garden to have the Zuppa Soup because it is cheap and hearty. Although I eat a little slower, I still devoured my Soup and had a breadstick. I did not feel full, bloated, nothing. I feel like this procedure was a waste for me and all I have to show or feel from it is scars on my stomach (which my tape has not fallen off yet), crazy bruising, and track marks on my belly from those dreadful shots. I have major pain bending over and getting out of bed but I have no problem with my Fluid intake or going to the gym. Three days post op and I was doing 45 minutes on the elliptical. I just don’t get it. I’m so disappointed in myself and this process. I think I just need to go to freakin weight watchers AGAIN.

You cant have solid food like breads it will literally hurt your stomach from healing.... it can get caught in the sutures because your stomach isn't healed yet so please be careful. I know every Dr is different but across the board they all say only liquids and purees for the first month. And i have never heard of anyone doing the gym that much right after surgery you need to rest. Walking is great but take it easy bec you could crash and hard. Youre not allowing your body to heal properly IMHO and also doing it great harm. Please talk to your Dr because just because you cant see the damaging you are doing doesn't mean your not doing it. Wishing you the best and please be careful with your health.,

I had right sided pain for 5 weeks! I even got a CT scan everything was normal. It was just from where my stomach was removed. I couldn’t even bend over and when I rolled a certain way it hurt like hell! Hopefully yours gets better quicker than mine did. Good luck!

17 hours ago, Serengirl said:

I know every Dr is different but across the board they all say only liquids and purees for the first month.

That's not quite true. I was liquids for 2 weeks and now I'm on soft foods not purees.

Hello all,

Thank you for all the feedback and comments. I took your advice and went back to strictly liquids. I can’t stomach anything other than my shakes, broth, and popsicles. I don’t know if it was the pain meds that fooled me or the adjustment but I can’t even look at a breadstick. I had my two week follow up last Thursday and my doctor admitted me to the hospital. Seven hours later, I was released. Even though I was drinking 70 oz of Fluid, I was still dehydrated and had severe pain in my lower left abdomen. I finally had a bowel movement and it was very bloody. I had an ultrasound and CT which came back clear. Still having pain in my abdomen but not as severe. It may have been caused by Constipation because after I took a laxative, I was able to bend and cough without crying. I have a nutrition appointment today but I don’t think I can tolerate solid food yet. I’m down 27 lbs and trying to walk everyday but I have been in bed resting and I finally feel like I am recovering.

Sorry for the complications but glad you're still here and doing well!

So glad to hear that you are doing better. I was worried that something bad had happened, and I guess it kind of did since you had to be hospitalized for dehydration. i'm glad that your bodily functioning is getting back on track and that you feel more like yourself. Feel free to rant on here, seek advice, get motivation, etc. We're all just here trying to get through our journeys as best we can, supporting each other along the way. :)

4 hours ago, FknUpAlready said:

Hello all,

Thank you for all the feedback and comments. I took your advice and went back to strictly liquids. I can’t stomach anything other than my shakes, broth, and popsicles. I don’t know if it was the pain meds that fooled me or the adjustment but I can’t even look at a breadstick. I had my two week follow up last Thursday and my doctor admitted me to the hospital. Seven hours later, I was released. Even though I was drinking 70 oz of Fluid, I was still dehydrated and had severe pain in my lower left abdomen. I finally had a bowel movement and it was very bloody. I had an ultrasound and CT which came back clear. Still having pain in my abdomen but not as severe. It may have been caused by Constipation because after I took a laxative, I was able to bend and cough without crying. I have a nutrition appointment today but I don’t think I can tolerate solid food yet. I’m down 27 lbs and trying to walk everyday but I have been in bed resting and I finally feel like I am recovering.

OK, am glad you got some help for your situation but I will have to be honest and admit that I am VERY curious...what did your doctor/surgeon say about your Olive Garden outing and what were their thoughts as to how you packed in the Soup and breadstick??

I know you mentioned maybe it was your meds...but is this also what your dr felt it might have been? I'm just truly curious about their take on it.