Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg

I am one week post op and the only difference I feel is pain on the right side of my stomach. I have not experienced any nausea or vomiting, in fact, while I was in the hospital the day after surgery I was out of it and guzzled Water out of a straw! I don’t think this works for me AT ALL. Like did my physician take a tiny bit of my stomach? Today I went to Olive Garden to have the Zuppa Soup because it is cheap and hearty. Although I eat a little slower, I still devoured my soup and had a breadstick. I did not feel full, bloated, nothing. I feel like this procedure was a waste for me and all I have to show or feel from it is scars on my stomach (which my tape has not fallen off yet), crazy bruising, and track marks on my belly from those dreadful shots. I have major pain bending over and getting out of bed but I have no problem with my Fluid intake or going to the gym. Three days post op and I was doing 45 minutes on the elliptical. I just don’t get it. I’m so disappointed in myself and this process. I think I just need to go to freakin weight watchers AGAIN.

Forget weight watchers you need to back to your doctor and your dietician, talk things out, work on a plan to get you back on track

You also need to get back on the program, one week out I would have thought you would be on liquids only? solid food at this this may do damage to your new stomach and could cause you health complications.

your nerves were cut during surgery and will take a few weeks to heal. You WILL feel restriction as soon as you start healing up and move on to solid foods. You are literally risking your life by doing things like eating breadsticks only one week after surgery. PLEASE follow your surgeon's plan.

Girl you’re going to hurt yourself. You need to focus on sticking to your surgeon’s plan for slowly moving through liquids, purées, etc. A whole breadstick one week post op is crazy.

Did your doctor clear the elliptical? You have a ton of internal work that you may not feel but it’s there and your body is healing. Don’t go too hard right now, walking is great.

Why are you pushing your boundaries? You literally have done nearly all the things they told you not to do within your first week!

ETA - you said you didn’t have nausea or vomiting as if you were expecting it. Not everyone does have it, you can’t bank on that deterring you from overeating.

Edited by SassyCassie

I can drink Water normal. I have been able to since a few days post op. I dont chug it but I dont sip either. I can only eat 4 ounces of food but 4 is uncomfortable so I keep it around 3. Are you on a liquid only diet at this stage? I've noticed some are released to soft foods after a week. I had 2 weeks of liquid diet. I was definitely told no bread of any kind when I was released to soft foods. You must remember this surgery is only a tool to help you keep from overeating. It does not stop you from making bad food choices or keep you from falling into the same old habits. The hard work of discipline, following the diet, and doctor's orders has to come from you. If not, this surgery will not help you and you could cause yourself a serious medical emergency. Best of luck.

8 hours ago, FknUpAlready said:

Omg

I am one week post op and the only difference I feel is pain on the right side of my stomach. I have not experienced any nausea or vomiting, in fact, while I was in the hospital the day after surgery I was out of it and guzzled Water out of a straw! I don’t think this works for me AT ALL. Like did my physician take a tiny bit of my stomach? Today I went to Olive Garden to have the Zuppa Soup because it is cheap and hearty. Although I eat a little slower, I still devoured my Soup and had a breadstick. I did not feel full, bloated, nothing. I feel like this procedure was a waste for me and all I have to show or feel from it is scars on my stomach (which my tape has not fallen off yet), crazy bruising, and track marks on my belly from those dreadful shots. I have major pain bending over and getting out of bed but I have no problem with my Fluid intake or going to the gym. Three days post op and I was doing 45 minutes on the elliptical. I just don’t get it. I’m so disappointed in myself and this process. I think I just need to go to freakin weight watchers AGAIN.

Try to practice patience & kindness with yourself. Join us here

You are going to hurt yourself or kill yourself Stop

Ok I am blunt and going to tell you my view - Sure others will jump in also but don't take it personally, we are all here to help, Not criticize

You were not ready for surgery and you were not prepared!! You have head games going on and I find it freakin amazing you can eat a bread stick. You need a routing a healthy lifestyle, Eating out is no way on any post surgery plan for anyone, You need to stop, Get on a plan and be careful, You can cause serious damage right now. Start reading the post op and make a plan.

WTF i have seen this a few times what kind of doctor does this surgery without these patients being ready for the post op and what it takes? If you dont mind is this surgery out of the USA

16 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Ok I am blunt and going to tell you my view - Sure others will jump in also but don't take it personally, we are all here to help, Not criticize

You were not ready for surgery and you were not prepared!! You have head games going on and I find it freakin amazing you can eat a bread stick. You need a routing a healthy lifestyle, Eating out is no way on any post surgery plan for anyone, You need to stop, Get on a plan and be careful, You can cause serious damage right now. Start reading the post op and make a plan.

WTF i have seen this a few times what kind of doctor does this surgery without these patients being ready for the post op and what it takes? If you dont mind is this surgery out of the USA

Yep my surgeon says its like a revolving door in the USA

I'm 7 days out drink plenty of Water just take smaller mouthfuls to be safe and as above takes time for your body to learn and adapt to the changes internally..

I'm in the US and it was crazy hard to get approved from the dr. I had to meet all criteria and get approved from psych etc. I'm sure not all dr's are legit and I know a lot of Americans go to Mexico to bypass all the necessary work and have it done. Not a great idea.

Grab you meal plan (should probably consist of liquids at the moment) and follow it. That’s the only way this is going to work for you. Trust the process and no more breadsticks. Eating foods like that right after major surgery is actually dangerous. If you need help, reach out to your surgeons office, nutritionist or therapist

OP - Honestly, and this might not go over well here, but please leave this forum if you're going to continue to be this negative. Go get help from your surgeon, your nutritionist and your psychologist (and I hope you had one as part of this process because it seems like you need one).

I had surgery 2 weeks ago. I had no nausea and never vomited. It means nothing. I couldn't fathom eating such fatty Soup (not to mention the volume) or a breadstick (!?!) 1 week out.

17 minutes ago, lvidacovich said:

OP - Honestly, and this might not go over well here, but please leave this forum if you're going to continue to be this negative. Go get help from your surgeon, your nutritionist and your psychologist (and I hope you had one as part of this process because it seems like you need one).

I had surgery 2 weeks ago. I had no nausea and never vomited. It means nothing. I couldn't fathom eating such fatty Soup (not to mention the volume) or a breadstick (!?!) 1 week out.

looks like he/she joined, posted the above right after joining, and then has never been back. Might be a troll.

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

looks like he/she joined, posted the above right after joining, and then has never been back. Might be a troll.

I concur, I don't think the original post was legitimate (I don't like being negative, but I think that may be the case). If it was, that's crazy. Who would go through all that, the pain, the prep, and then eat Soup and a bread stick. If I have too much shake I feel full and that pressure we all know and love (in the chest). I'm a few day away from pureed and, while I'm excited to have a scrambled egg, I'm also nervous. I think we all get that way ,because we want to be healed and not feel yuck. I can't imagine this being real, only because I would think it would cause the person extreme pain.

And I also concur, I still can't do what OP claimed to do, I'm 14 months 2 days out, went to Bible Study- Luncheon yesterday at my new church. One teaspoon of each item, Might have added up to 1/4-1/3 cup into to talk monkey- doodled it around on my plate so it looked like I Was Really Eating, took 42 minutes, laid my spoon down , excused MYSELF, headed for the nearest BR where I anointed the porcelain chamber there with lunch. Some days I feel like I am a permanent resident of Emesis City, does my Bariatric Surgeon and clinic know? Yep but the last CNP I saw basically told me to be grateful for my weight loss and stop complaining, oh well the Protein Shakes, Soups and broths along with copious Vitamins and minerals are keeping Me from falling further apart but Do What OP alledges to Have Done, I CANNOT FATHOM IT! And yeah, somehow my Labs are not skewed out of mild deficits in a couple things , so of course they will not agree that I am Gastrointestinally Crippled in any WAY. My Cross to Bear Perhaps?