Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

Day 17.
Doing well in staying within my caloric expectations but some food choices have been questionable only because I am on vacation.

Mid month check in:
I'm so fearful of even acknowledging my clothing size because I think it's a mirage and will disappear as soon as acknowledged. It is pretty scarily amazing that since 3 months out of surgery (yesterday was the official date) I'm wearing:
Size 10 Express Jeans non stretch!!!![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] I would not have been shocked if it was Old Navy size 10s but Express is ridiculous for their size chart!
I went in the store (not been inside since late 20's....a little over 10yrs ago) because I thought that ship has sailed. I tried on the 12s and it was loose, then the 10 fit perfectly without being tight at all.
I also got a medium blouse that I rocked at my desert safari excursion yesterday and family members were exclaiming over the pictures!!!!![emoji114][emoji114][emoji114][emoji114][emoji114]
I'm only acknowledging it out loud on this thread because this journey has been amazing and so rewarding that after reading other people's experiences and doubting it can be me, and now that it's me, I'm SHOOK!!!!!!! Please for anyone doubting, just know I was there less than 14 weeks ago!! Like SERIOUSLY doubting but trusting what the people who have gone before me said, YOUR TIME WILL COME! Be diligent and do YOU!

What am I most grateful for about my job? The fact that I can't do something else! The fact that it does not feel like a job when I do not think about the bureaucracy. The fact that it puts food on the table and clothes on my back. The fact that it's rewarding even when it's thankless.

This months challenge has been very apt because I am so so so immensely GRATEFUL about everything [emoji176][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176][emoji176]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/16/2019 at 16:46, GreenTealael said:

🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦

💙💙💙💙💙💙Mid Month Check In💙💙💙💙💙💙

How are we doing Team?

Lol.

Okay so prior to last nights OU/Baylor game I would’ve said okay.

Um...... hubs and I stopped counting calories when we opened wine bottle #3 right after halftime.
Lol, at the end of the day though, this mornings headache is STILL worth it

21 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

I also got a medium blouse that I rocked at my desert safari excursion yesterday and family members were exclaiming over the pictures!!!!

You can't tease us like this!!! Throw us a bone!!! 😂

Day 16: Not sure of you would consider them a band but I love the Backstreet Boys! Hearing their music is nostalgic and many years later they are still killing it.

Day 17: I’m most grateful for my flexibility. I’m able to come and go as I please and work around my own schedule as long as I finish everything I need to do.

Do you get hangry?
Not anymore! It’s weird because before surgery if I didn’t eat for a long period of time I would get cranky, now I forget to eat. Yesterday I was so busy that I forgot I needed to eat and I didn’t have anything until 7:30 pm. Also, once I had a meal at that time I took two bites of my food and I was full.

18th - I'm most grateful for my sense of humor. It would be awfully hard to go through life without one!

21 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Day 17.
Doing well in staying within my caloric expectations but some food choices have been questionable only because I am on vacation.

Mid month check in:
I'm so fearful of even acknowledging my clothing size because I think it's a mirage and will disappear as soon as acknowledged. It is pretty scarily amazing that since 3 months out of surgery (yesterday was the official date) I'm wearing:
Size 10 Express Jeans non stretch!!!! I would not have been shocked if it was Old Navy size 10s but Express is ridiculous for their size chart!
I went in the store (not been inside since late 20's....a little over 10yrs ago) because I thought that ship has sailed. I tried on the 12s and it was loose, then the 10 fit perfectly without being tight at all.
I also got a medium blouse that I rocked at my desert safari excursion yesterday and family members were exclaiming over the pictures!!!!!
I'm only acknowledging it out loud on this thread because this journey has been amazing and so rewarding that after reading other people's experiences and doubting it can be me, and now that it's me, I'm SHOOK!!!!!!! Please for anyone doubting, just know I was there less than 14 weeks ago!! Like SERIOUSLY doubting but trusting what the people who have gone before me said, YOUR TIME WILL COME! Be diligent and do YOU!

This is amazing! Congrats girl! Now YOUR time has come!

Day 18: What trait do you have that you are most grateful for?

My one-track mindedness (although this could also be my downfall). I know that once I decide on a course of action, I have the ability to get in the zone and tunnel-vision my way through.

...now if only I could gain the trait to make definitive decisions on demand...

18. I think the trait I enjoy most right now is having a positive attitude. Of course, I've had bad days but for the most part, that positivity helps me to keep on truckin' as they say.

Day 18: What trait do you have that you are most grateful for?

Gotta say that it is my ability to find humor in almost anything. I love to laugh and make other people laugh and I am pretty good at it. I tend to befriend others that share my sometimes warped and inappropriate sense of humor. Life is hard and serious enough...

No worries about T-Day lunch since I will be cooking and everything will be on plan except the gluten free cornbread dressing that I have to make since we love it and I will only eat a tablespoon or so. Also making a sugar free cheesecake that is delicious and a pecan pie for Mr. since it is his favorite (no temptation there since I hate pecan pie) .

Edited by MIZ60

14 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

Also making a sugar free cheesecake that is delicious

Recipe, please! please! please!

You can't tease us like this!!! Throw us a bone!!!
Lol!! Someday soon, I promise🤚🤚 Scout's honor!

Day 18.
Was having a fantastically clean day until we entered a Dates shop!! Omg! Went to town with all the variety of gourmet dates the shop had for just tasting! I'm truly grateful I didn't have a mini dumping episode that I've been prone to have when I eat sweets!🥴🥴

What traits am I grateful to have? I was going to say sense of humor but truly the feedback I have gotten over the course of my life is my ability to empathize deeply and immediately connect to the heart of an issue. It helps me both professionally and personally

Day 18: I'm most grateful for my calm demeanor. It takes me so much to get upset or to stress/freak out, even in the most terrible situations. But when I say it takes me a lot ... well I really mean A LOT. My house could be on fire and Id probably be like "wow... no biggie, I'm not hurt and neither is anyone else so its all good"

Here's a real life example (story time): When I was in high school I was working at a fast food joint. One night a guy came in with a mask and a gun trying to rob the place. He pointed it right at me and my co worker and everyone else froze. He demanded we open the drawer. I didn't know what to make of this. I wasn't scared just thrown off a bit. Two of my co workers were crying and I asked the robber "is this for real???" because I just couldn't believe someone would come out on a snowy day to rob us (dumb to think, I know). He yelled "YES THIS IS FOR REAL!" and then he jumped over the counter with the gun still pointed and tried to open the cash drawer. I stood there pretty calm wondering how I was going to get out of this. At this point my co workers were fleeing then my manager grabbed me and told me to run, so I did.

Id say this trait is also one of my weaknesses. I can be too relaxed thinking everything will be okay which makes me react a little slower to certain situations. It also makes me seem like I don't care about anything (what others have told me) Not sure why I'm like this but I am. If I'm healthy and alive, and so are my loved ones, why should anything stress me out? Well the example I gave above isn't the greatest since I was about to get shot and not be completely healthy, or alive for that matter, but I hope you all know what I mean lol

B-Side Question: Does Thanksgiving/Banquets make you nervous now?

Nope! I'm looking forward to the holidays and to the food. It hasn't been too hard to stick to my doctors plan. :)

Edited by MarvelGirl25