Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

Day 15: I'm most grateful for my dimples. When I was younger I use to absolutely hate them. It was mostly because people would comment on them and pinch my cheeks. I didn't like the attention, I was a shy kid. Growing up I've learned to appreciate them mostly because it was a feature that was passed down in my family. My great grandfather had them, then my grandpa, then my dad, and now me. Its makes me feel more connected to my family. :)

I’m grateful I have strong legs.

*previous topic, I’ll keep it short. I hate rejection real or perceived. I don’t believe everything happens for a reason. Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people. It’s random, it’s not fair and I know firsthand it is one of the worse things you can say to someone who lost a child or suffered a traumatic event. We pick ourselves up and move on.

Day 15: What about your body are you most grateful for?

• the fact that it is 120lbs smaller than it was last year.
  • the fact that it can move, run, dance, jump (do cardio 😉), etc. with ease and for extended periods of time.
  • the fact that it no longer requires any medicine/drugs to run at peak efficiency.
  • the fact that it looks awesome in clothes (yes, I'm so full of myself its disgusting, was thinking this would wear off eventually as I got used to the bod, but doesn't seem to have an end in sight...YET)

It allowed me to have two great kids. (With a some, uhh, collaboration. 😉)

It was resilient enough to keep going, even in unhealthy times.

It has rallied in the second chance I am working to provide it.

I’m most grateful for my body keeping me alive despite me not treating right by carrying around an extra 100+ pounds on it for over 20 years.
I took care of it so poorly, that I got breast cancer in ‘09 and it even withstood a year of chemo and radiation. Quite amazing, really.

Oh I still get hangry, but the problem is that I don’t recognize the signs as early as I used to, so I can get pretty mean bf I realize what the problem is

That it has been able to recover from years of me being morbidly obese and inactive. I honestly had almost lost hope that I could be active, pain and drug free and do whatever I wanted physically. In the past year and a half I have had a huge metamorphosis even though I am still considered obese. I am trying to be grateful for the progress I have made even though I am far from my goal.

I do still get hangry occasionally (mostly when away from home and close to mealtime)--yesterday we were out and about in Austin and then went to a Mexican restaurant for a late lunch. It was about 1 hour later than I normally eat lunch and I was super hungry. Of course, I ate about 10 chips with salsa before my food arrived and I was so full I could only eat a little of my chicken and shrimp fajitas. I did avoid the rice and flour tortillas though!!

Edit: I did not do anything about the rejection thing because I could not think of a single rejection I was grateful for other than all the frogs I had to kiss before finding my prince. 💖

Edited by MIZ60

Day 16: Band I am most grateful for: I had to think on this for a bit since I love many types of music and have many favorite bands and singers. Then it hit me....I am most grateful for these two since they are dear friends and I never get tired of listening to them. I have know Allan for 32 years and his partner LaDonna for 15 years. I am very grateful for their talent and friendship.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Allan Mayes, people smiling, people standing, nature and outdoor, text that says 'ALLAN AND LADONNA Thurs 16th Tio Loco. Fri 17th Teravista Resort Round Rock Sat 18th Doc's Marble Falls'

Edited by MIZ60

The band I'm most grateful for - the high school's marching band! My kids learned so much about teamwork and hard work and setting goals. We have an amazing band director. He's so personable. The kids love him and he gets the best out of them. Every one of my kids got to compete at the state level and those are memories they'll have their entire lives.

Day 15
Not so clean day but trying to stay within plan.

What about my body am I most grateful for? My body's resilience!!! Through "thick or thin"( literally!), it's been there just pushing along working with me!! Immensely grateful![emoji120]

Do I still get hangry? Honestly no for now! I don't get that urgent if I don't eat now, I'll die feeling!... at least not yet!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦🔦

💙💙💙💙💙💙Mid Month Check In💙💙💙💙💙💙

How are we doing Team?

Day 17: What about your job are you most grateful for?

While I would not be adverse to not working at all (read: early retirement!), as far as jobs go, mine is not so very bad. I'm grateful that the flexibility of my work allows me to work from home, choose contracts and plan personal travel around it. I'm also grateful that Mr. has the same deal. It's a pretty sweet setup.

14 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

💙💙💙💙💙💙Mid Month Check In💙💙💙💙💙💙

How are we doing Team?

Surgery Deets: 1 year Post-op SLEEVE, currently in Maintenance

Weight and BMI:

• 114.4 lbs (BMI 20.9)
    • >> as of this morning, November 17: 114.7 lbs, BMI 21

Personal goal(s) for the month:

• Stay smoke free.
    • >> Its been 17 days since I called QUIT and I am proud to say I have stuck to it! Yay ME!
  • Be mindful about being irritable to Mr & the Kid.
    • >> So its been established that my irritation was directly related to the early days of quitting smoking. I have mellowed out again and am back to my relatively chill self. Mr & the Kid have confirmed this, LOL
  • Run. EVERY. DAY.
    • >> I missed one run day (Friday) due to having the most epic sleep-in. #noRegrets. I also cut one run short, but I did run, so it counts, so there!

Edited by ms.sss

Day 17: What about your job are you most grateful for?

I am grateful for my job as a pediatric nurse/nurse practitioner because it has been such a rewarding and sweet career. I can think of so many special people and moments that I have been privileged to share over the past 37 years with the wonderful kids and families that I have worked with. Sure, there have also been some sad, stressful and heartbreaking moments as well but those have made me develop skills to be helpful in those situations. I could not imagine anything else being my life's work. It is truly a blessing to take care of kids.

How are we doing Team?

Mostly okay except for failing on exercise due to the frigid temperatures (not a valid excuse because I have a nice elliptical and a weight bench within 5 feet of where I am sitting🙄) and overindulgence in alcohol. A few minor slip ups with food...I have lost about 2# since the challenge started. Need to do better.

Catching up.

12. My BFF, my Mom, my other BFFs

13. Right now, my favorite season is Summer but I do enjoy all of them.

14. Not sure about the rejection one. I was glad when I got laid off from one of my jobs because it helped me transition to working in the field that I am in now.

15. I always liked my eyes.

16. I'm going to say Grateful Dead but there are quite a few. But going to one of these shows always meant I was going to dance throughout with people that I love. I smile whenever I hear one of their tunes because of the memories I have.

17. I love working with people and watching them grow and work towards becoming their best selves.