Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

What lesson am I most grateful for experiencing?

I would have to say learning to read as a kid. I wanted it so bad and my kindergarten teacher secretly taught a group of who ere ready. We weren't supposed to have these lessons till first grade. Thank you Mrs, Blackburn.

What place have you traveled that you are most grateful for?

I haven't traveled very much but I guess Burlington VT is the place because it is where my sister lives.

What are you most grateful for in your childhood?

Again I would have to say reading. Reading has saved my life over the years.

What movie are you most grateful for?

Hmmmm, I love movies. I had a few dark movies that I was obsessed with one of which was Insomnia (the Swedish version). I also like a French movie called An Affair of Love in English. I loved Serge Lopez in that film.

Day 11: We were planning to go to Austin today for lunch and a visit to the Viet Nam Veterans Memorial but the nasty weather has us rethinking that plan. Probably just take the Mr. out for for a meal locally to Celebrate.

In terms of a movie that I am grateful for it would have to be "Steel Magnolias" and "The Bridges of Madison County" because I can watch them over and over and always have a good ugly cry 😂. "Pretty Woman" is another favorite.

Day 11: Movie I am grateful for

I couldn't pick just one! Here are a few...

Shawshank Redemption

Forrest Gump

Cool Hand Luke

Fight Club

Alien

Titanic

The Shining

Fargo

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Breakfast Club

And, If you can watch this scene without crying, YOU. ARE. A. MONSTER. :lol:

https://youtu.be/K9U0gN16Jxs

14 minutes ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

And, If you can watch this scene without crying, YOU. ARE. A. MONSTER. :lol:

https://youtu.be/K9U0gN16Jxs

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Thanks for stirring up early childhood trauma.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

P.S. ❤️ ;)

@MIZ60 I happen to have spent some time around the actual covered bridges in Madison County, Iowa when I was a teen. In fact, I even know where someone carved the initials of myself and my hubby inside a heart on one years before the book or the movie. (He, of course, wouldn't do that now. Young Love...) 💘

Shhhh... don't tell!

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Thanks for stirring up early childhood trauma.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

P.S. ❤️ ;)

Sorry about that-

but I now know for a fact you are good peeps. Lol! 😀 💙

Day 11.
Ate a mini snicker bar that was on the treat table at the spa It's my niece's birthday so ate in her honor 🤷‍♀️
Otherwise clean day but I've learned not to Celebrate early as it's just 5:30pm in the part of the world I'm at

Movie I'm most grateful for?? PRETTY WOMAN!!!!!!!! once again time and place I watched it. I was a very impressionable tween with budding romantic notions when I saw it and it captured my heart ever since. My modern day Cinderella
There a loads others especially indie movies but Pretty Woman for sure

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m having a crazy busy week, but I’m grateful for my house being painted. I didn’t realize how much I hated the color before. I’m also grateful I didn’t know how much I hated it.

ok, I’ll check back in later this week. I need to read all the posts I missed!

9 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m having a crazy busy week, but I’m grateful for my house being painted. I didn’t realize how much I hated the color before. I’m also grateful I didn’t know how much I hated it.

ok, I’ll check back in later this week. I need to read all the posts I missed!

What's the new colour? (and the old colour, lol?)

Day 12: What 3 people in life are you most grateful for?

Mr.

The Kid.

BFF.

Honourable Mentions: Mom, Bro & Sis, 5th Grade teacher, latest hairdresser, the Girlfriends, the guy who helped me change my flat tire 2 years ago (and taught me a life skill to add to my arsenal!), my WLS surgeon.

People - Family, of course. BFF. Friends I've made here that truly understand the process we're going through.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

What's the new colour? (and the old colour, lol?)

I don’t know the old color, other than it was taupe. it was a model home and it was whatever mass produced paint they used. My husband actually picked out the color in my line up. It’s Benjamin Moore Barren Plain. (Sounds painful) , but it is a nice soft light gray.

People I’m most grateful for. 1. My daughter in laws, they help make my son and stepson very happy well adjusted men. 2. My 5 sons (bio and step) 3. Mr. Cheeseburgh. Sorry, I have to add a 4th. My sister.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

20 hours ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

@MIZ60 I happen to have spent some time around the actual covered bridges in Madison County, Iowa when I was a teen. In fact, I even know where someone carved the initials of myself and my hubby inside a heart on one years before the book or the movie. (He, of course, wouldn't do that now. Young Love...) 💘

Shhhh... don't tell!

We took a motorcycle ride a few years back from central TX to Tomah, WI and when passing through Iowa we saw the signs for the bridges but due to time constraints we were unable to go see them. My mom was born in Decorah, IA and we went there every summer to visit family but I never knew about the bridges. It is pretty cool that your initials are there.