Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

Day 2:

I’m most grateful for my phone. It just makes my daily life so much easier. I’m also grateful for finding out that there’s such a thing as digital planners. An iPad is on my Christmas list this year. It will replace my physical planner.

As far as the negative feedback goes, I guess you can say I’ve somewhat experienced it. No one knows about my surgery except for my parents, siblings and bf. They have been very supportive, but each week my dad is constantly asking me if I’ve lost weight. When I tell him that I’m stalling he looks at me like there is something wrong, as if the surgery is not doing enough, or I’m not doing enough. He expects the weight to just fly right off. I know he doesn’t have bad intentions but it just makes me feel like I’m not doing good and I’ll be fat forever lol

I’m really trying the best I can...

Most up to date thing I have done? Had my 1st of 2 Shingrex shots, they have to be spaced no less 2 months apart, no more than 6, woke me up in the middle of the night throbbing. I had the original kind in August 2013,turns out it's effective rate is 60% where- as yh8s New variety is almost 99% , so while I was hurting anyway I put an extra layer of clothing on, took some tylenol with codiene, yep one of my secret hoard of Norco, still have 11 left from last 2 surgeries, and walked outside until the rascel kicked somewhat in, figured this ranks as making lemonade out of the lemons one is given- will I get the second in January 2020? WE'LL See, WE'LL See, maybe by then I'll forget it hurts like someone whipped and whopped me with a 2 by 4 THERE- almost on level with my right humeral FX in January 2010 and that was BAD, almost was compound, you could see the bone 1 or 2 inches below the skin surface and bruised worse than an over-ripe 🍌 bananas Oh I'll get through this challenge too, I'm a Tough Old 🐔Hen after all!

Day 2:

I am most grateful for my phone!! I try to imagine a world without my phone and it's impossible to recall how things got done without it! I definitely know my ABJECT reliance on my phone is GOOD and BAD!

I went to the movies with kids yesterday and although popcorn is not on the list, I think I might have overindulged . I had to physically go sit at a different row to stop, my kids found it hilarious! I don't want to entertain the idea of cheating and I hope that's the end of that for the week.
It's funny, I'm noticing the chocolates left out at work and I wondered if I'm now more conscious of it because of this challenge or if I've gotten to the stage where I want it?? I'm not sure if the fact that I committed to eating cleanly has woken my rebellious monster to do the opposite?? The mind for self sabotage is a powerful thing! I hope I break that spirit SPEEDILY

Tea: Only my hubby knows about my surgery, everyone family included think I've gone on a health kick (which I've been known to do) and have been very complimentary as I lose. I've sincerely yet to experience any negative comments or feedbacks. .... to my face anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Not in that way, but I’m experiencing a form of negativity in the form of not really hanging out much with friends.
Lately all it seems like I’ve experienced is cancelled plans and lame excuses and it’s getting old.... really, really old.
Honestly it’s at the point where I’m not even posting pics on social media anymore in the hopes that some of these guys will forget that I lost weight...
That's so so unfortunate for your so called friends@Sheribear68! It's quite scary how people can feel threatened by others fortunes! I don't quite get it.....but as difficult as it is to do as we get older, I think it's time for new friends that will enjoy, encourage and be inspired by your awesomeness!!

Post away and don't let anyone or anything hold you back!!

Day 2:
I’m most grateful for my phone. It just makes my daily life so much easier. I’m also grateful for finding out that there’s such a thing as digital planners. An iPad is on my Christmas list this year. It will replace my physical planner.

As far as the negative feedback goes, I guess you can say I’ve somewhat experienced it. No one knows about my surgery except for my parents, siblings and bf. They have been very supportive, but each week my dad is constantly asking me if I’ve lost weight. When I tell him that I’m stalling he looks at me like there is something wrong, as if the surgery is not doing enough, or I’m not doing enough. He expects the weight to just fly right off. I know he doesn’t have bad intentions but it just makes me feel like I’m not doing good and I’ll be fat forever lol
I’m really trying the best I can...
Parents!!! Their mixed messaging can be confounding!🤪🤪 I would let it go in one ear and out the other and continue what I'm doing like I didn't hear a thing otherwise they could drive you crazy without intending too!!

The mixed messages is lifelong and not subject to change now! So brush it off! You are doing AMAZING! No one can define your journey but you!

Hello...a little late but I'm here.

Goal...keep losing and exercising and get in more fluids. 195 as of today. Sleeve 12/12/18

1. Grateful to be alive and full of energy.

2. I think I'm most grateful for my car as far as technology goes...it means I can go places.

3. I think cheese might be the food I'm most grateful for. It's really hard to choose though.

The food challenge is going to be a challenge. Yesterday I had half a donut at yoga...I was grateful that they'd been cut in half. I did include it in my tracking. I exchanged potato for fruit when I was out to Breakfast with friends so that was good. I don't expect to be perfect but I will make sure I don't bring any of the no no list home and will keep healthy Snacks handy so I can make good choices. I did get some dried mango while I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and didn't get any other types of sweets while I was there.

Hmmmm, what food am I most grateful for? I've gotta go with fruit, any fruit! Yes, I know fruit has sugars, but it wasn't fruit that got me to 272 pounds!

On 11/2/2019 at 11:17 AM, GreenTealael said:

Are you negative or forgiving with yourself?

I’m pretty negative but I’m improving.

food I’m grateful for. I’ll pick a weird one but it really does help me. Old El Paso taco shells keep me sane. I love salty crunchy things and 2 of them are only 100 calories. I feel like I’m cheating when I have tacos, but they are less than 300 calories.

food I am grateful for:

Mine would have to be yogurt. I 💙 it! Kind of a sweet "treat".

Well, of course we went to brunch this morning in Leander because our musician friends were playing....I did pretty well avoiding the things on the list except OF COURSE there were complimentary mimosas so you know I had to enjoy a few. I just can't win.... I also had 2 small bites of husbands cheesecake but avoided all the muffins, pastries, etc.

The food I am most grateful for is (don't laugh) CAULIFLOWER because it is so versatile and I eat it in some form almost every day. I especially love the sandwich thins I get from Outer Aisle.

As far as negativity, I am my own harshest critic. I get really down on myself because I should have lost a lot more weight and be at or near my goal by now. I have recently started seeing a therapist and she is helping me be kinder and more gentle with myself.

11/ 2 & 3:

Technology I'm most grateful for : it's a 50/50 split modern medicine and indoor plumbing 😂

Could you imagine being alive in a time without either😔

food I'm most grateful for: IDK ? If you asked me a year ago I would have said yogurt because i ate it Every. Single. Day

Now I barely touch the stuff. Same with a lot of foods for me. I love and leave them alone for a while IDK why.

But Tea which isn't technically a food but a drink has never fallen out of my good graces since childhood 😍

I think I am briefly negative with myself when naked , I'm always like just fly to Miami tomorrow and get plastics NBD 😂

Day 3:

Sigh I had half a cookie today! I've hardly cheated since my journey started in August. It's a bit disconcerting that I've done so in 2 days of 3 days that this challenge began! Not sure what's going on but I can't wait for the weekend to be over so I can get back into a routine of my preplanned meals!!

Food I'm thankful for: YOGHURT!!!! I have some version daily! Brussels sprouts and chicken are also high up there!

Presurgery: it would have been red velvet cake!!

I'm definitely positive towards myself! I cut myself a lot of slack to a point.

Day 4: Memory I am most grateful for-

Oh, boy! This is a tough one!

Of course, some things that come first to mind are my wedding and the births of my children. For irreplaceable blessings like those... gratitude is just too small a word.

However, after thinking a bit, one little memory sort of sums up a lot for me.

When I was in college, I was living in a dorm two hours away from my now Husband. Every Friday night he would leave after work and drive all the way up to the school just so he could take me back to my folks for the weekend so we could spend time together.

One Friday night, during a huge snow storm, I called him to tell him not to try to come. I was afraid it was getting too bad out and I didn't want him to chance the long drive. He agreed it wasn't a good idea and we hung up.

Four hours later, to a soft knock on the door, I picked up the bag I had already packed- knowing he would come anyway.💕

OK, I'm a few days behind, but I've been sticking to the challenge! And, I'm pleased to report it's been actively helpful - it's stopped me from taking Halloween candy from the treat table and stopping for frozen custard. I'm grateful for that, that's for sure!

Day 2 gratitude: I'm grateful for my smartphone for allowing me to keep my life organized in such a way that I feel empowered to continue to lose the weight.

Day 3 gratitude: I'm grateful for lettuce, oddly enough. I refused to eat it most of my life because I had a fear of trying new foods. Now, while I don't love it, I can eat it pretty easily, and appreciate both how it fills me up and the way my body craves it (even when my head doesn't!)

Day 4 gratitude: I'm grateful for a sad memory, actually. When I was little, I told my mom I wanted to lose 25 pounds on Jenny Craig, and she said, "But you only weigh 40!" This memory actually helps remind me that my weight issues have been around for my whole life and were shaped by influences beyond my control (and beyond my family's control, too). It helps me more easily forgive myself.

Tea time question: I'm thankfully not experiencing that from anyone I know. My friends and family have all been wonderfully supportive, even the friends I know who have had WLS surgeries that were not long term successes for them. As other posters have said, I do sometimes have those "I told you so" moments in my head, but I am generally very good at tuning out that voice these days and forgiving myself.