Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍂 Nov 2019 Challenge🍂

1.Posting your personal goal- maintain weight

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance) VSG to RNY maintenance

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged) ~150 lbs

11/1:

Utterly grateful to just sleep in this weekend 😍

Day 2. Welp. I went out to dinner and my salad had fresh hot deep fried croutons on it. I ate half of them and it was the best thing I’ve tasted in 16 months. I avoid all deep fried things but I could not turn down that surprise.

My goal this month is to continue maintaining.

Technology. I really like Waze and navigation technology, I’m old enough to remember getting very lost.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Well thank God wine isn’t on that list! 🤣🤣🤣

Okay so I’m post-sleeve (2-6-19) and I just moved into maintenance last month.
My weight last week was 152.6, but I’ve decided to only weigh myself 1-2 times monthly now and use how my clothes fit and how my body feels as a guide.

My main goal for November is to survive it.
2 of my 3 work partners are taking vacation this month and I’ll be working all but 3 of my days off before Thanksgiving.
Then I’ll be leaving on my own trip the first week in December so all Christmas decorating and shopping will need to be done in those 3 days off.

No pressure.

Day 1

1. Posting your personal goal

Goal is to continue to stay focused on my journey and not get derailed on what I'm able to eat or drink.

A deep seated goal is to make it to the mid to low 170s in weight.

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance)
Post sleeve 8/16/19

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged)

SW: 214lbs
CW: 179.8lbs
BMI: 31.9

4. Tell us what you are grateful according to the day:

I am so grateful for life, love and laughter!! A bit cliche I know! But I've survived without a much needed nanny for a few weeks now and finally interviewed someone I pray works out. My husband and kids stepped up and we made it work through laughter and love!! Very very grateful for that!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

What am igrateful for? A furnace that works well, to be small enough that people notice and talk to me, I was disregarded when I was Lady FatBlob, maybe they just wished I had disappeared? Resumed going to Sunday Morning church services, found a warm friendly group if people THERE.
Still haven't made it down to my 175 pound goal, but believe in ME enough to persist in making it there. ELECTION DAY(November 5th) will be my 14 mobth SURGIVERSITY, will be voting to elect some people and to confound the REST of the politicians- remember every one of them hascywo ends - an Sitting End and an Thinking. End- and one guess which means more to them? Not the one with the Brain, alas!
My most grateful if all- my new smaller size- although I have Undergrown my Winter Coat and will have get one in the 16-18 size range- at least I am No Longer a 28-30 and coykdnt hardly fit ME even in Mens Jackets- this year I can dress like the finer specimen of Lady-hood and maybe even pretty and pastel shading? My Real Frustr8 shines forth for all to see. Although I am still having varied medical testings. I don't fall off exam tables, can climb up and down by myself and what they find is a early Stage 1, not 4 and deadly- so another happy in the midst of it all÷ as Dude in The Big Lebowsk 9bce said " I ABIDE that's just dined with ME!.

Day 2: I am most thankful for modern communications of all types! I love to be able to share thoughts/pics immediately with my kids who live 1,000 miles away and my cousins who are 1,500 miles away and to be able to keep up with their lives, as well.

Okay, so I am going to try this. Sorry to be one day late.

!. My personal goal for this challenge is to lose as much as possible over the next month. Since I almost never eat any of the stuff on the list I will have no trouble for the most part avoiding those items. However, I do need to focus on my nemesis which is alcohol. My goal for the month is to not drink alcohol on at least 10 of the days, and limit myself to 4 ounces of alcohol on other occasions. This sounds lame but I am trying to be realistic.

2. VSG 5/2/2018. While I have not met my goal. I have maintained my current weight for about 9 months.

3. CW: 212.8, BMI 34.3

4. I am most grateful that I feel great and am able to enjoy my life with my husband, family and friends. As far as technology, I am most grateful for social media since I have been able to reconnect with so many people that I had lost touch with over the years. High school friends, cousins, former patients and parents that I have cared for over the years and nurses that I have worked with over the past 37 years. It is truly amazing.

Day 2:

Technology- humm...

I have a bit of love/hate with most of it.

I guess I would have to pick my phone, just because it makes so many things easier throughout my day. (Logging food, getting directions and keeping up with the Fam etc.)

giphy.gif.da5701f1aedaa1be4a73c06110217596.gifTea Time question: Are you experiencing negative reactions or I told you so moments from anyone in your life whenever things aren't perfect post op?

Spill...

42 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Tea Time question: Are you experiencing negative reactions or I told you so moments from anyone in your life whenever things aren't perfect post op?

Not at all. My only nemesis is myself.

14 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Not at all. My only nemesis is myself.

Are you negative or forgiving with yourself?

On 11/02/2019 at 10:17, GreenTealael said:

giphy.gif.da5701f1aedaa1be4a73c06110217596.gifTea Time question: Are you experiencing negative reactions or I told you so moments from anyone in your life whenever things aren't perfect post op?

Spill...

Not in that way, but I’m experiencing a form of negativity in the form of not really hanging out much with friends.
Lately all it seems like I’ve experienced is cancelled plans and lame excuses and it’s getting old.... really, really old.
Honestly it’s at the point where I’m not even posting pics on social media anymore in the hopes that some of these guys will forget that I lost weight...

11 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Tea Time question: Are you experiencing negative reactions or I told you so moments from anyone in your life whenever things aren't perfect post op?

I think I am always very careful to frame everything as "wonderful" to others (outside of family), even when it is not, for this very reason, though I hadn't actually made that connection it until just now.

Huh... a bit of subconscious self protection from outside judgement maybe?

IDK... maybe it is just because I am not a sharer and it is the fastest way to change the subject when asked! :lol:

1 hour ago, Sheribear68 said:

Not in that way, but I’m experiencing a form of negativity in the form of not really hanging out much with friends.
Lately all it seems like I’ve experienced is cancelled plans and lame excuses and it’s getting old.... really, really old.
Honestly it’s at the point where I’m not even posting pics on social media anymore in the hopes that some of these guys will forget that I lost weight...

I am so sorry that is happening! That stinks and has to feel terrible. :(

I hope you will reconsider the whole not posting pictures on social media thing though...

While I totally get why you would feel the pressure to do just that, I don't think you should for a couple of reasons.

If the pics are truly making your friends stay away more I would hazzard a bet that they are not going to "forget" your weightloss, no matter what they do/don't see on your social media. (I know you were half- joking when you said it, but the thought crossed your mind that you should become a bit less visible for their comfort level.)

The biggest reason to post any pictures that you would like to though is that you should not let ANYONE diminish your joy. You worked very hard to accomplish what you have, and you have every right to feel good about it. You shouldn't have to make yourself into "less" of your authentic self to make your friends feel like "more" of their own.

So be your own awesome, badass self and let those pics fly when ya feel like it! The rest will sort itself out.

Better to lose a whole "friend" than little pieces of yourself. 💙 ((Hugs))