Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Insurance approved my lower body lift!

I can't tell you how happy I am. I literally cried tears of joy! Sometimes insurance will only approve a portion of the lift, usually panniculectomy (sp?) but they approved everything for me. I had a history of rashes, boils, repeated yeast infections in my belly button. My belly skin sagged to the pubic region, which is probably why they approved me. Not only will this improve my look but my quality of life! I won't have to move my skin around to do things, like pee, or putting on clothes or shower!

So now... What do I need? I need a shopping list of things for this surgery. I might only have a month or two to prepare! Top items on my list:

Power Lift Recliner
Lots of pillows
Walker
Pre-op Skin Wash
Medical side table on wheels
Compression garments come with the surgery but probably need more post-op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's wonderful news! I hope your surgery goes well and you make a speedy recovery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up, I am having surgery in 3 weeks and my surgeon said not to buy any additional compression garments until after the drains come out because most do not accommodate where the drain placement will be... so maybe see if your doc has suggestions on that. I also am going to use my BariBear for support for when I have to cough (or go #2). Also, apparently, you want to have a lot of laxatives ready because #2 is painful with muscle repair (so I hear)! Maybe look into scar tape and scar creams?

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! What exciting news!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2019 at 10:33, GreenTealael said:



💙CONGRATULATIONS💙




Can you share the types of things and how often/long/by whom they were documented ?


Yes. I had a few things, documentation from my bariatric surgeon, documentation from my OBGYN (sorry if TMI but my loose skin was causing irritation in my public region), documentation from my primary where I had 2 yeast infections inside my belly button due to the skin fold. I had visits spanning from about 5+ months before I decided to see a plastic surgeon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2019 at 10:56, mousecat88 said:



Just a heads up, I am having surgery in 3 weeks and my surgeon said not to buy any additional compression garments until after the drains come out because most do not accommodate where the drain placement will be... so maybe see if your doc has suggestions on that. I also am going to use my BariBear for support for when I have to cough (or go #2). Also, apparently, you want to have a lot of laxatives ready because #2 is painful with muscle repair (so I hear)! Maybe look into scar tape and scar creams?


Yes! Thank you for that info. I will definitely wait to all my doc about the garments. Also I'm going to Google the bear NOW! thx u for the info again. Are you doing TT or 360?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, damzelindistres5 said:

Yes! Thank you for that info. I will definitely wait to all my doc about the garments. Also I'm going to Google the bear NOW! thx u for the info again. Are you doing TT or 360?

I am having a TT w/ muscle repair and an arm lift!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, damzelindistres5 said:

Yes. I had a few things, documentation from my bariatric surgeon, documentation from my OBGYN (sorry if TMI but my loose skin was causing irritation in my public region), documentation from my primary where I had 2 yeast infections inside my belly button due to the skin fold. I had visits spanning from about 5+ months before I decided to see a plastic surgeon.

Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❤❤SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❤❤
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled! 
       
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      New found appreciation for you all!
      So Im back in the US to take care of my aging father and it seems like more than ever that being bigger is the norm everywhere here. I cant say that Ive been the best, healthiest me at the moment, but I think you all Americans are doing GREAT to even be working towards the goal of getting healthier in face of all this temptation (even if you are a "slow loser"). So give all yourselves a pat on the back!
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

        Yep. Temptation around every corner!

    • zombierayvinn

      I am now 10 days post op and I am down 16lbs. I had an allergic reaction to the glue my doctor used so I am still sore and trying to keep moving to not get stiff. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tory Myers

        Hello congratulations on your new journey I am 5 days post op and still trying to get the hang of things. I’m supposed to return back to work in a few days but still sore as well. Do you have any advice for me being 5 days post opt?

      2. zombierayvinn

        I am 14 days out and still sore. Just walk and walk is what I can say helps me

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×