Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the sleeve done 3 years ago and I keep having issues with eating. I have days where I have to go throw up everything I eat minutes after I eat it. It’s so bad this time around that I can’t even sip on Water. Nothing is staying down. Does anyone have this issue? What helps this?

I am not quite 3 years out and only have issues if I overeat dense foods (like chicken).

I would suggest calling your surgeon and getting checked out immediately. Something doesn't sound right.

I agree this is a doctors issue - I toss most things that i shouldnt

When my gallbladder went to **** earlier this year, the only signs I had was that I couldn't keep anything down, including Water. Was just nauseous and vomiting everything back up.

I am four weeks post op and really having a hard time. Can eat, can't eat. Can drink some days, some days I can't. I've started to vomit this week with foods that are okay for my stage but I will also vomit what I drink. My incisions hurt sometimes and sometimes they don't. Bending over picking things up bothers me but I have to ignore the pain and keep moving. The foods that I should not be eating don't make me vomit. Peanut Butter crackers or Pasta stays down crystal light fruit punch causes me to vomit. Crystal light tea is okay as well as hot cocoa. I'm tired and stressed from trying to eat right and it is coming back up. Dr. tells me to go back to liquid diet but I'm hungry.

9 hours ago, Camp49 said:

I am four weeks post op and really having a hard time. Can eat, can't eat. Can drink some days, some days I can't. I've started to vomit this week with foods that are okay for my stage but I will also vomit what I drink. My incisions hurt sometimes and sometimes they don't. Bending over picking things up bothers me but I have to ignore the pain and keep moving. The foods that I should not be eating don't make me vomit. Peanut Butter crackers or Pasta stays down crystal light fruit punch causes me to vomit. Crystal light tea is okay as well as hot cocoa. I'm tired and stressed from trying to eat right and it is coming back up. Dr. tells me to go back to liquid diet but I'm hungry.

I'm 8 weeks out and now that I'm on soft foods it's a real challenge to figure out things that work for me. Crumbled sausage is ok but patty sausage is horrible. Same with ground beef, a hamburger patty cut up into tiny pieces was torturous but ground beef in chili is fine. I can also tolerate carbs pretty well but avoided them because I was made to think they were the devil. The only thing that helped me break a stall was adding some carbs, now that I regularly incorporate carbs my belly isn't as temperamental and I haven't had another stall. I also doubt you're physically hungry, it's probably head hunger at your stage, I still don't get hungry but my head tells me I am.

Y'all are scaring me...I'm getting rid of a lap band because of the same issues y'all are having with a bypass?

Am I trading one problem for another?

I wouldn't make your decision based on anyone. We all go through things differently and some of us don't go through anything at all besides the normal.

Why's wait 3 years