Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

48 hours post op still sore but recovering :)

Got into surgery late Monday afternoon had a little low sugar.

Woke up few hours later so sore been on IV fluids and fentanyl for the pain so sore the first 24hours

no food at all just Water and IV the past 48hrs and today just started broth and blood pressure and sugar levels every few hours are great now.

Still a little sore waiting for the drain to be taken out ASAP still on IV fluids and in hospital. Surgeon here is very cautious won’t let me leave until ready and I don’t know how people leave after one night?? I was under pain drugs and out of my head for the first 24hours and still sore walking to the toilet so I’m glad the surgeon is letting me stay here a few days maybe more :)

Still got some gas pain even after farting a few times lol still sore in belly but is only early days for me

i don’t mind round the clock nurses here looking after me and my own private room here :)

my sugar levels and blood pressure has been great since surgery ;)

I’m feeling excited about the future

Welcome to the losers bench. Get well soon! It gets better every day. And walk, walk, walk.

Glad you are ok . No one leaves after 1 night in Aus, I can’t imagine even wanting to, our surgeons like to make 100% sure that everything is ok before they let you go home.

Yay Mikeyy! So good to hear you are doing all right. I'm sorry for your soreness, hopefully that will go away soon. Are you up walking lots? I've heard they like you to do that as soon as possible. I guess so you get the extra air out? I dunno. Just conjecture on my part. Keep strong and remember this will pass soon and you are good to go.

Welcome back, Mickeyy! Hope it gets better for you...

You got this - Best decision you made - Only uphill here from now on and weight goes downhill - My only advice try and move as much as you can it will help

Hi Mikeyy! You have a great attitude, ask great questions, and give good responses. Congrats about your surgery. It seems as though you are handling it well. Mine was on 10-2-19. Regarding my experience, here are a few tips:
1. It’s going to be painful as hell for the 1st month but you will get through it. Be sure you ask your doctor about Gas-X and prescription nausea medicine (and additional pain meds, too). I didn’t until later and the pain was much worse than than it would have been if I did.
2. If you notice anything about your incisions (smell, color, etc., that seems not normal, don’t hesitate to call your doctor).
3. The showers still wipe me out as if I ran up a large staircase 3-5 times. I literally have no energy.
4. Keep sipping on liquids so you won’t get dehydrated (and the Protein shakes).
5. Don’t be surprised if you start to feel sad the second week. It’s normal.
6. Really pay close attention to how much you’re eating. Follow your doctor’s rules about how much you are to drink ( and later eat).

I hope and pray that this time will go by very fast for you. We all think the world of you!

Thanks everyone after day 3 and drain removed starting feeling better still bloated and farting lol but now 7days post op finally home :) doing well still a little soreness but minor compared to first few days..

Doing well drinking lots

Yay! You're home! I'm so pleased for you Mikeyy. As everyone else on the thread has said, and I agree, you've got this! Keep us posted on how you're recovering, it is inspirational to those of us who are still in the pre-op waiting stages.

1 minute ago, Machalo said:

Yay! You're home! I'm so pleased for you Mikeyy. As everyone else on the thread has said, and I agree, you've got this! Keep us posted on how you're recovering, it is inspirational to those of us who are still in the pre-op waiting stages.

Thanks for kind words still a little sore and bloated lol