Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 20th is the day! Any siblings?

YES!!! If all goes well and all the hoops are jumped through, mine is November 20 also! And you are in Virginia also? Can I be nosy and ask where? I live in SW Virginia (Christiansburg) but have to go to NoVa to have my bypass done.

This is great!

Hi I'm a Buckeye Interloper, just wanted to say I had a Dear Aunt from Russell County, loved her Tree- top High, just met a retired minister from Harrisonburg, the home of James Madison University, born, raised and had his first pastorate therem Wonderful wonderful Man to KNOW, so I can't help but think all Virginians might be That Way! God's Richest Blessings on All of You who are having surgery, I will be praying🙏👼for each and every one of YOU!😝✋

That's so sweet! I feel better knowing I have your prayers and blessing.

I'm Virginian, born and bred. Never lived anywhere else. I have some good friends in Ohio, which is a beautiful state. I love the Lancaster area. I almost when to college at JMU but went to Virginia Tech instead. Both great schools!

We ain't ALL angels in Virginia, but I think there's more angels than devils, just like everywhere!😉

2 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

YES!!! If all goes well and all the hoops are jumped through, mine is November 20 also! And you are in Virginia also? Can I be nosy and ask where? I live in SW Virginia (Christiansburg) but have to go to NoVa to have my bypass done.

This is great!

Hey!! Yes, i'm in Richmond, Virginia. However, I lived in Christiansburg for about 6 months in 2017!! It's a small world. Best of luck! I had all my pre-op testing done yesterday and I start my 2 week diet today. I'm praying we all have great surgeries. Best of luck!! -Vera

Again, being nosy--are you using advanced surgical partners? I saw them when I started having problems with my 10 year old lap band. I liked the doctor but his office staff was a mess- wouldn't return calls when they said they would, no follow through for scheduling tests, etc. And they incorrectly told me that since I've already had a bariatric procedure that Medicare won't pay for a revision. Medicare didn't pay for the first one so why would they balk at a revision? Anyway I knew I needed the band removed regardless of whether or not I could get a revision and was unhappy with ASPs office, so I did some "doctor shopping" on the internet and found Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center in Reston and their office is so helpful and better informed and helpful than the other. I've said before that there are lots of good doctors out there, but if the "front half" of the practice is a disaster it doesn't matter how good the "back half" is!

Laura

8 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

Again, being nosy--are you using advanced surgical partners? I saw them when I started having problems with my 10 year old lap band. I liked the doctor but his office staff was a mess- wouldn't return calls when they said they would, no follow through for scheduling tests, etc. And they incorrectly told me that since I've already had a bariatric procedure that Medicare won't pay for a revision. Medicare didn't pay for the first one so why would they balk at a revision? Anyway I knew I needed the band removed regardless of whether or not I could get a revision and was unhappy with ASPs office, so I did some "doctor shopping" on the internet and found Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center in Reston and their office is so helpful and better informed and helpful than the other. I've said before that there are lots of good doctors out there, but if the "front half" of the practice is a disaster it doesn't matter how good the "back half" is!

Laura

I'm having it done at St. Mary's with Dr. Brennan Carmody. So far everything has been great. They have made the process easy and I feel well prepared.

I am having surgery with Dr. Pysher at Surgical Consultants of Northern Virginia and they have been wonderful. I have a unique situation and live 5 hours away and they have jumped through hoops for me. I cannot say enough about the practice and Dr. Pysher is a gem. They have made this whole experience very positive. I go on Monday Feb 10th for my preop appointment and my EGD. I hope to get a tentative surgery date then.