Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smart Scales

I went to my two week post op appointment yesterday and was disappointed because my scale at home is off by 4lbs. When I stepped on the scale at the office it showed that I was 4lbs heavier than I thought I was. Id like to buy a smart scale because I’ve heard they’re more calibrated and work well with smart phones. Any recommendations? I have an iPhone and an Apple Watch that i would like to link it to.

Doctor's scales always weigh heavier because you've usually got clothes on, and they don't weigh you at the same time of day. I really would not worry too much!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yep always go up a few lbs during the day

Echoing the others here that its likely not your scale. That said I like the Eufy scales - good price, work well, mine is super accurate and precise (lookup the difference) and it works well with my iphone and all that.

I agree with the others, but would like to add that smart scales are great. Love how they track your progress with their apps, which communicate with your fitness and or nutrition apps. I dont recommend any specific scale... but if you use apps already for nutrition and or exercise... look for scales that are compatible with those programs. And look for features that would benefit you. For example, my scale tells me total weight and approximate fat weight. It also measures heart rate. It has features I turned off like outdoor weather and indoor air quality. Other scales measure different things. Dont pay extra for scales that tell you more than you need or want! My apps tell me how much weight I have lost today and in total .. and how far I am to my goals. I can see my trends and track inches lost in the apps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/22/2019 at 1:24 AM, Dubbs said:

RENPHO scales are great!

Ditto

Just note the difference between the 2 scales and add 4 pounds to what you weigh at home. Mine is the opposite- home scale is 2 pounds heavier than doctor.