Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op: One month of nothing but broth and protein drinks ???

Every doc is different. Mine went from clear to full liquids then soft then regular foods by a month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

That’s rough

3 hours ago, BQT said:

Had my surgery on Wednesday and my doc says the first MO this only:water, tea, sugar free juice, Protein Drink, broth and popsicles. Were u allowed anything else?

I had broth and Protein drink for 2 weeks. The added soft foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, smoothies, tofu, refried Beans that were thinned with broth. The killer for me was not having any veggies for 8 weeks.

Going under next week for RNY; my surgeon said 2 weeks all liquids but can go longer if need to :)

my doc said purees on week 2 I wish I had stayed on liquids. It put me in the hospital. I'm back on liquids and I'm a day shy of 3 weeks and going to stay on liquids the rest of the month. It's easy to follow and you get a nice weight loss. Let your inside guts heal. (I had bypass btw)

4 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

my doc said purees on week 2 I wish I had stayed on liquids. It put me in the hospital. I'm back on liquids and I'm a day shy of 3 weeks and going to stay on liquids the rest of the month. It's easy to follow and you get a nice weight loss. Let your inside guts heal. (I had bypass btw)

THAT'S exactly my logic; longer you can do liquids better for healing and of course weight loss :D I'll be having BYPASS next week!!

Every program is different. Each person goes through a personal journey. The best way to succeed is to not compare yourself to others. We all have different body types, lose differently, and have different routines and eating habits. Follow your doctors orders, there is a reason he gave those to you. Having said that i was on liquids for 2 weeks following surgery and then followed by 2 weeks of puree.

My doctor had me on Clear Liquids 3 days post op and then full liquids for a week then puree

I’ve been on purée for almost a week and the stomach pain & Constipation is absolutely horrible. I took MOM last night & had dry heaves but nothing came up. I looked at the sample purée diet and found that although I am drinking liquids, I haven’t been drinking Water. I drank 32 oz of water on top of broth today it did work and the pain almost went away. Now it’s back at 1:15 am. I thought I’d be better by now. My tummy feels as if I were kicked in the stomach several times.

Gastric Bypass, Hernia Repair & Gallbladder Removal on 10/2/19.

Every doctor is different. Mine allowed pureed Soups the first two weeks. I was up to some regular foods by week 2. I feel for you- those two weeks were hands down the WORST part of this entire experience for me. I was out of my mind hungry. The moment I was able to give my stomach something to work on it was fine. I suspect liquids (soups) just go straight through & for me left me miserable. Vs 3 ounces of chicken & I'm very satisfied.

I went 6 weeks post op with just liquids and yogurt. Just depends on the Dr .

On 10/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, BQT said:

Had my surgery on Wednesday and my doc says the first MO this only:water, tea, sugar free juice, Protein Drink, broth and popsicles. Were u allowed anything else?

Everyone is different, but I was on Clear Liquids week one, full liquids week 2 and I did a lot of cream of chicken Soup and Protein Drinks like 2 a day as that made my 60 g of Protein. I used Ensure Max. Everything will taste bad so I used a lot of ice and just did it. Full liquids were weeks two and three, then soft foods for the next three weeks. Refried Beans, protein drinks still 2 a day. Cottage cheese was my main food. Then after 6 weeks, I was onto tuna, shredded chicken. I get a rotessori chicken and put it in 4 oz packages. Good luck. It is important that you allow time for your stomach to heal.