Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over this preop diet

I should start on a positive that I’ve lost 20 pounds since my pre op appointment last Friday. Silver lining and all that.

With that though.....I’m so exhausted/weak/irritable. Just being awake takes all my energy, let alone working. I’m allowed 5 shakes a day, one cup broth and plain Water. This morning I had raging diarrhea (sorry). I honestly thought people that took the pre op phase off work we’re crazy but I totally get it now. My boss lets me sneak into treatment rooms to take 10 minute naps here and there to get through the day. I can’t wait till next Tuesday and i can rest. I mean, I’ll probably be in pain but at least I can rest. 😂😂😂

That’s all! Just needed to vent.

Vent away. It's a right of passage. Totally sucks big ones.

But gosh, aren't you glad you are going through the "keto flu" now instead of during surgery recovery? That would totally stink!

1 hour ago, Emily Jane said:

I should start on a positive that I’ve lost 20 pounds since my pre op appointment last Friday. Silver lining and all that.

With that though.....I’m so exhausted/weak/irritable. Just being awake takes all my energy, let alone working. I’m allowed 5 shakes a day, one cup broth and plain Water. This morning I had raging diarrhea (sorry). I honestly thought people that took the pre op phase off work we’re crazy but I totally get it now. My boss lets me sneak into treatment rooms to take 10 minute naps here and there to get through the day. I can’t wait till next Tuesday and i can rest. I mean, I’ll probably be in pain but at least I can rest. 😂😂😂

That’s all! Just needed to vent.

I'm with you, and I don't even feel like I have a right because my 2 week pre-op allows for a small meal a day (3 oz Protein, 1 cup veggies....). It's still not enough for those of us used to eating more than we should. Even though I lost on my own and restricted myself, this is ROUGH. I started the pre-op Monday and my body "self-cleansed" that very day, as well. :70_poop:

I can relate on every single level! Please vent. I'm venting. Feel very alone, especially when everyone is around you is eating....and eating....and eating :48_weary:

@fluffychix I’m not sure. Haha. At least I’d be drugged the first few days. Today is “dip day” at work. So every Thursday everyone brings food to share. My co worked also walked past me eating a Breakfast burrito. Today will be my greatest challenge. Lol 😭😬🤐

5 minutes ago, Emily Jane said:

@fluffychix I’m not sure. Haha. At least I’d be drugged the first few days. Today is “dip day” at work. So every Thursday everyone brings food to share. My co worked also walked past me eating a Breakfast burrito. Today will be my greatest challenge. Lol 😭😬🤐

Yeah, it's been birthday central at work as well....cookies, brownies, cake, Bagels, sandwiches, chips.....Gold help me.

38 minutes ago, Emily Jane said:

Think of the big payout. The big picture. Makes it a little easier. And the drugs they give you are not really "huge" in the lights out category. I didn't take much more than tylenol when I got out, except I did take it at night. So you're pretty aware of it all. :)

As everyone has said, vent away. If we can't vent to each other, then what good is the forum? I've been on a liquid diet before, for colonoscopy. It was no fun. Of course, they give you stuff to drink to get you all cleaned out, but still. My butt was sore for several days from all the time spent on the toilet. Sorry TMI. I hope you get through it all right, @Emily Jane. Wishing you the best!

You got this! Vent away.

30 minutes ago, Sherry Richardson said:

I am a week out from surgery and I started my pre-OP diet today. I get nothing but Clear Liquids and broth for the next 7 days. If I make it through this I can do anything.

Word. Truth. That's what I keep telling myself.

Yep spent a few days on the toilet.lol

Im doing pre-op now and I have diarrhea. Its not raging yet but its such an inconvenience lol

Wow. My pre-op diet consisted of 1 day where I was doing clear liquids. Sucks but get used to it!!

OMG... I just found this site & am so excited to read other people's struggles! I don't mean that disrespectfully, I just mean there's comfort in knowing someone gets it!

I am on day 7 of a 14 day pre-OP liquid diet and I have never felt sicker in my life. I have had a raging headache since day 2, I am so nauseous, shaky, dizzy & weak that I cannot do anything at all! And yes, the diarrhea SUCKS. If I ever see another Protein Shake after this journey, I will vomit.

I’m halfway through my pre-op diet and I’m starting to get headaches, dizziness, and I’m definitely tired and crabby. I’m a teacher and my next two days are 12-hours (8 hour workday + 4 hours of parent conferences). I can’t wait for this week to be over!!! Surgery on Monday!