Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on September 9th I lost 20lbs. But now it seems like I'm not loosing any weight. I went to a doctor's appointment today and gained 5 pounds. I've been doing exactly what I'm supposed to, haven't cheated. I'm feeling like this didn't work for me. Please can anyone help me figure out if this is normal, did it also happen to anyone else? I'm trying not to compare, but it's really hard.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

You are doing great! 20lbs in a month! When I went for my 1 month appt. I was losing slow and the dr. Said it is normal to even gain a few pounds then. The body hits a stall for a bit. Everyone loses at different rates but looks like you are doing wonderful. It helps if you fill in your weight stats too so people with similar stats can help you more. The stall will pass just keep up the good work.

Depends on the person some ppl need to up their calories or up their Protein or get 8hrs sleep everyday or drink more water...

I am experiencing the same thing. Surgery on 10/1 and I have lost 14 lbs since then but been stalled the last 7 days. I am following all the guidelines too but weight not budging. I went up my 2 week post op apt yesterday and they told me to get off the scale for this first 2 months because I should not be focused on weight loss at this stage yet. This first few months should be about progressing through the diet phases to get back to solids, getting familiar with what foods you can tolerate now post opp, and healing. I don’t like this answer because I currently weigh everyday because it makes me keep myself accountable. Trying to make this mental shift for my own sanity though because I want this to be successful. I do still feel like I am losing inches even though the scale I s not budging. Are you measuring?

I had lots of anxiety and stress that first year. I was also a daily weigher and it was extremally hard not to compare to others, but I stuck to the plan and the weight did come off. Any gains are Water weight and some people lose ( like I did) not every week but 1 week out of a month. Try not to get too discouraged and stick to your plan the first year no matter what.

I

Edited by 303nursemom

I had my sleeve on 8/27 and also stalled between 4-6 weeks. My weight fluctuated up and down a few pounds during this time (likely Water weight). My weight loss has started again and yours will too! Keep getting your water and Protein in, and walk a lot. Also, stay off the scale for a few days if you can. Hang in there!

Edited by 303nursemom