Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

My heat tolerance went way down after surgery too. I'm a wimp now. And I used to cook with habanero, thai chilies, jalapenos, serranos, wasabi, horseradish, Frank's etc.

My heat tolerance sky rocketed for 3 months at about 6 month mark post op and I craved spicy food. It took a Sudden nosedive and I have a low tolerance now. It is so strange.

40 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Yup

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Nice! With your age and starting weight, I'm gonna guess then that you will be one of the lucky few who will not be cursed with loose skin after the weight loss! Take pics!!!

40 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

My heat tolerance sky rocketed for 3 months at about 6 month mark post op and I craved spicy food. It took a Sudden nosedive and I have a low tolerance now. It is so strange.

You know, now that I think of it, I also went through a phase where I was craving spicy food...I remember it was during a road trip in April, so I would've been about 6 months post op too! Didn't last long though, maybe just a couple weeks...

*Twilight Zone music plays in the background*

Edited by ms.sss

Trying to enter my stats on my profile but the one that is posted on feeds will not let me put anything in when click on it. Any suggestions what Im doing wrong?

9 minutes ago, Meadow76 said:

Trying to enter my stats on my profile but the one that is posted on feeds will not let me put anything in when click on it. Any suggestions what Im doing wrong?

Can you do it on your desktop? I think it's easiest to do it that way. Then you can see that there are also so many areas where you can post and get better response.

This is the thread for people who have lost all their weight and are maintaining. We are all usually pretty far out from where newbies and sophomores are. So you will get better support and more response from your peers in other areas!!

Yesterday, Wednesday, Dec. 11
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 115.7 lbs
----------------------------------------
...went for a run for the first time in almost 2 weeks this morning! I was dreading it because I was feeling lazy and I was afraid that I would be all tired and winded and out of shape. Fear unsubstantiated! It was like I never stopped. I forgot how good it feels after a run. I can already feel that I am going to be hungry today though...
9:30am - coffee w/ stevia
12:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 1/4 cup tbsp imitation crab salad + 3oz grilled chicken + 2oz roasted brussel sprouts w/ bacon
3:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + 1oz gala apple + 1/4 cup imitation crab salad + 2.5oz grilled chicken
4:30pm - 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz blueberries + 1/8 cup papaya + 3oz chicharron
7:00pm - salad w/ vinaigrette + 1oz gala apple + 1/4 cup lasagna sans noodles + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds + 1 oz brie + 1oz grilled chicken
8:00pm - 1 cup milk + 3/4 cup mango-pineapple sorbetto
9:30pm - 1 oz beef Jerky + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 2 oz blueberries + 1/2 cup papaya + 3 tbsp dried cranberries
Totals: 1905 cals - 154g Protein - 123g NET carbs - 87g fat
The epiphany of an obvious knowledge also occurred to me this week! Exercise makes me ridiculously HUNGRY!!!! Ding ding ding! How this knowledge eluded me depicts how one track minded wls has made me!

This knowledge also truly gives credence to Dr. Vuong's video of waiting 6 months after surgery to start exercising! I was so rejecting of the idea that I didn't even contemplate the idea behind it.
I'm spinning 5 to 6 times a week plus personal training and I get hungry and eat more and stalled. Experimented with no exercise, less hungry and lost weight this past few days!!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but it truly takes someone else's experience to validate what I need to tweak! Thanks [emoji176][emoji175][emoji176][emoji175]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Can you do it on your desktop? I think it's easiest to do it that way. Then you can see that there are also so many areas where you can post and get better response.

This is the thread for people who have lost all their weight and are maintaining. We are all usually pretty far out from where newbies and sophomores are. So you will get better support and more response from your peers in other areas!!

So you can’t ask questions if your newbie or sophomore? Jeez. If your more experienced you should be able to help others & not tell them to go elsewhere. When I get to maintenance I would welcome newer peers to guide & mentor them. I would be excited to help them on the journey I’ve already experienced. That’s just me. Thanks though for answer re my question on stats.

1 minute ago, Meadow76 said:

So you can’t ask questions if your newbie or sophomore? Jeez. If your more experienced you should be able to help others & not tell them to go elsewhere. When I get to maintenance I would welcome newer peers to guide & mentor them. I would be excited to help them on the journey I’ve already experienced. That’s just me. Thanks though for answer re my question on stats.

Of course you can. I'm trying to help direct you since you're new here and may not have a full gist of the site and all the forums. I want you to have THE MOST answers to your questions! (And your questions are not pursuant to Maintenance Menus, they're kinda all over the place.)

But you are in a particular thread that is devoted to MENUS FOR MAINTENANCE. And despite our thread being active, it's only active with a handful of people. And the Bariatric Pal sight has 1000s of posters on the main forums where you can ask your questions or respond and engage in different topics. I was trying to point you to areas where you can freely ask all sorts of questions and get way more information that we might be able to give.

Edited by FluffyChix

53 minutes ago, Meadow76 said:

Yes, you can ask questions.

We understand. It takes time to learn this site. No one is intending to be disrespectful or exclude newbies/sophomores. The website assistance thread may help answer your question in detail. (link below)

https://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/992-website-assistance-suggestions/

I hope people understand the title of the thread. I would hate for someone in weight loss mode to eat a maintenance menu and expect to lose weight.

I guess I'm thinking "Daily Menus for Maintenance" is very self-explanatory?

29 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I guess I'm thinking "Daily Menus for Maintenance" is very self-explanatory?

I hope - *evil grin*

Speaking of...I guess I better post mine from yesterday. LOL.

Yesterday December 11, 2019

Maintenance Mode: 57y; F; 5'4", 22mo PO RNY, 132lbs, 4/3 calorie macro cycling (this is one of 4 lean days/wk)+IF 16/8-

B1-Protien lattes x 5 (PP 5oz)

L-Plain Grk Yogurt + Cottage cheese + Blueberries + Raspberries

AS-Big Ass Ginormous salad with HSF ham + WF Italian Dressing (ate this in 2 sittings)

D-Caprese stack + salad + shrimp (ate this over 3 hours)

BS-Longhorn cheddar smeared with French's Yellow Mustard + Cayenne with a Walnut Back. LOL. *snort*

Daily Totals: 915 calories; 75g protein; 47g fat; 51g carbs; 13g fiber; 38g net carbs

Big Ass Salad:IMG_5275.thumb.JPG.6adf93788eea71614b711bb3fd31f511.JPG IMG_5280.thumb.JPG.726b4346d8bd30e8e6258102f10d5f9b.JPG

image.png.5102a23e21c8522efd39a1a5714cb102.png

Salad Totals: 166 cals; 8g protein; 9g fat; 14g carbs; 4g fiber; 10g net carbs. (I wasn't concerned about not having 1 g of Protein for every 10 calories in this meal cuz I was already gonna be plenty high in the protein department from all the other meals during the day.) And I see I forgot arugula! BBIAF. Corrected!

image.png

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Yes, you can ask questions.

We understand. It takes time to learn this site. No one is intending to be disrespectful or exclude newbies/sophomores. The website assistance thread may help answer your question in detail. (link below)

https://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/992-website-assistance-suggestions/

Thank you. I will try link. Appreciate it.

6 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

The epiphany of an obvious knowledge also occurred to me this week! Exercise makes me ridiculously HUNGRY!!!! Ding ding ding! How this knowledge eluded me depicts how one track minded wls has made me!

This knowledge also truly gives credence to Dr. Vuong's video of waiting 6 months after surgery to start exercising! I was so rejecting of the idea that I didn't even contemplate the idea behind it.
I'm spinning 5 to 6 times a week plus personal training and I get hungry and eat more and stalled. Experimented with no exercise, less hungry and lost weight this past few days!!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but it truly takes someone else's experience to validate what I need to tweak! Thanks emoji176.pngemoji175.pngemoji176.pngemoji175.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 months of no exercising? That is strange advice.

Outside of walking from Day 1, I started a regular exercise routine around month 2. Back then, this consisted of walking/jogging for a hour every day plus some class or other 2x a week plus a couple half-hearted attempts at lifting, LOL.

I got to goal a little under 7 months (I lost 110lbs in those 7 months + 2 week pre-op diet). If I waited 6 months to start exercising, I'm not sure I would have reached goal that quickly.

...but everyone is different and gets different results from the same behaviors. For instance, I never understood the eat-more-calories-to-lose-more-weight strategy that is often employed on members on in this forum...but only because I saw different results in my own experience.

You gotta do what works for you, right? ❤️

Edited by ms.sss