Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Good to know. I feel you can almost substitute any food with something else. But if I go out for drinks there is no alcohol or carbonated beverages so idea of just drinking Water or Virgin Mary doesn’t cut it.

7 minutes ago, Meadow76 said:

Good to know. I feel you can almost substitute any food with something else. But if I go out for drinks there is no alcohol or carbonated beverages so idea of just drinking Water or Virgin Mary doesn’t cut it.

Honestly, this will be unpopular but if you start drinking during WLM, you risk NEVER reaching your goal. You are playing with fire. And did you REALLY have surgery and think you wouldn't have to change your behaviors with the things that got you MO in the first place? WL is very hard on the liver and drinking on top of it adds another insult to an already at risk and taxed organ.

I do drink now. And I did drink rarely and minimally during WLM. But when I did, I almost always saw a loss of 4 days of active weight loss. And frankly, most can't afford to squander their honeymoon period.

Drinking alcohol is one of the leading contributors to weight regain.

8 minutes ago, Meadow76 said:

True. Though I was drinking carbonated beverages (in the form of sparkling water/Perrier) during weight loss phase with a couple drops of "water enhancers" I carry around in my purse everywhere I go. It was a good thing to nurse when everyone else was drinking/eating.

Everyone's team has different degrees of opinions on carbonated drinks as well, though. My team said to stay away because they felt carbonated drinks where too filling and I wouldn't be able to fill my stomach with actual food if I drank it. Also they said it could cause painful gas.

Again, I told them I was drinking it, and it wasn't causing me issues (in fact I liked the fact that it made me burp, helped clear out gas, LOL), and they were/are cool with it. I still drink it now, LOTS of it.

But again, check with your team and let them know whatever you decide...

@Meadow76, it occurred to me that I should state that as a further FYI, the menus posted on here and most of the folks commenting are a bit further out than you are, and are in maintenance already. You probably don't want to model your behaviours with ours just yet ❤️

Rock your weight loss phase first, and you can enjoy the fruits of your labour later. You'll thank yourself 6 months from now.

Edited by ms.sss

Maintaining my bounce range –Five pounds down as of today. I’m still eating in weight loss mode to get to 130. Holidays are killing me. A few more parties and all the food shenanigans will be over.

Calories 1,163 - Protein 79 g -Carbohydrates 86 g plant based -Fat 61 g - Fiber 30 g

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk 4 Splenda with fiber packets

Lunch: This was two separate meals 12:00 the other at 2:20pm

5 oz ground turkey ,1.6 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce, 2.5 oz spring mix, 5 tablespoon fajita seasoning and 3 oz salsa

Snack: 3oz sugar snap peas and 3oz pine nut hummus

Dinner: This was two separate meals 4:30pm and 6:15pm

5 oz Salmon, ½ cup coleslaw, 2.5 oz spring mix, 2 tablespoons pickled onion and 4 grape tomatoes

Snack: 1.2 oz Biena roasted chickpea snack - 1 cup sugar free cherry jello

5 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Maintaining my bounce range –Five pounds down as of today. I’m still eating in weight loss mode to get to 130. Holidays are killing me. A few more parties and all the food shenanigans will be over.

Calories 1,163 - Protein 79 g -Carbohydrates 86 g plant based -Fat 61 g - Fiber 30 g

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk 4 Splenda with fiber packets

Lunch: This was two separate meals 12:00 the other at 2:20pm

5 oz ground turkey ,1.6 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce, 2.5 oz spring mix, 5 tablespoon fajita seasoning and 3 oz salsa

Snack: 3oz sugar snap peas and 3oz pine nut hummus

Dinner: This was two separate meals 4:30pm and 6:15pm

5 oz Salmon, ½ cup coleslaw, 2.5 oz spring mix, 2 tablespoons pickled onion and 4 grape tomatoes

Snack: 1.2 oz Biena roasted chickpea snack - 1 cup sugar free cherry jello

Wow, that's alot of food for sub 1200 cals...you and Fluffy have skillz.

Also, impressive 5 lbs loss! you did that in less than a month, yes?

7 hours ago, Meadow76 said:

You can drink all that alcohol? I’m only 2.5 months out & only thing I will miss down the road is alcohol. My surgeon told me not to have for at least year & then minimal.

First year out, I didn’t drink alcohol. The empty calories were not worth stalling or stopping my weight loss. I still have a great time. My friends use me as the designated driver. I get free food and nonalcoholic drinks.

After goal, I started drinking occasionally. I am a total light weight after surgery. It's not pretty when I go over two glasses of wine. I can’t keep it classy.

Happy midweek everybody [emoji2]

Yesterday dec 10 cw 182.4

Breakfast: coffee with milk, 2 scrambled eggs

Lunch: 3 jalapeno peppers with 3 oz salmon

Snack: habanero chick peas

Dinner: flax roll, with 4 oz ground beef and some spicy mayo

Snack: coffee with milk and 2 pieces of sushi

Midnight snack: Italian sausage
-----------------------------------------------------
Totals 1387 cals / 101g Protein / 37g net carbs / 87g fat
-----------------------------------------------------
Had terrible insomnia last night, This is going to be a fun day!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yesterday, Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019

Maintenance: 57y / F / 5'4" / 22mo PO RNY / 132.2lbs

Yesterday was an IF day for me and I actually did an OMAD thing at 20 hours. Then had a date to Celebrate real live boots fitting over my calves with Mr. F. So we did our usual cheap Italian restaurant date night. And I did wine with it. I too have a 2 glass limit or it isn't pretty and very def. NOT classy. I can have more later, but it has to be over a 4-6 hour time frame well after the wine is gone.

B-4 Protein Lattes (4oz PP over 4 hour period)

L-nada

D-1/4 Italian sausage & marinara appetizer

1 small dinner salad with cucumber and carrots and mixed greens + 1tbsp blue cheese dressing

1.5 oz grilled shrimp + 2oz grilled chicken + 3oz roasted broccoli with garlic

2 glass cabernet

BS-2% cottage cheese + Greek yogurt plain + frozen blueberries + liquid stevia

Daily Totals: 882 cals; 63g protein; 33g carbs; 7g fiber; 26g net carbs

23 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Wow, that's alot of food for sub 1200 cals...you and Fluffy have skillz.

Also, impressive 5 lbs loss! you did that in less than a month, yes?

5 pounds in less than a month. I think my motivation is in a good place.

I had a guy in the gym tell me he could help me lose my midsection. (NOT a compliment) I love to prove people wrong. A bit of anger motivates me. My diet is more disciplined and I changed up my exercise.

My big motivation. New year’s gown.

20191208_164213.jpg

Gorgeous dress!

1 minute ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I had a guy in the gym tell me he could help me lose my midsection. (NOT a compliment)

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaat???? Seriously?

2 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I love to prove people wrong. A bit of anger motivates me. My diet is more disciplined and I changed up my exercise.

My big motivation. New year’s gown.

Love the gown!!! Love getting mad and motivated!!!! You go girl. You are gorgeous and will look smokin hot in it!!!!

15 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

First year out, I didn’t drink alcohol. The empty calories were not worth stalling or stopping my weight loss. I still have a great time. My friends use me as the designated driver. I get free food and nonalcoholic drinks.

After goal, I started drinking occasionally. I am a total light weight after surgery. It's not pretty when I go over two glasses of wine. I can’t keep it classy.

Yes I’m designated driver too. I usually order from app menu or just side dish if it has Protein. Many times everyone pays for me to offset gas- don’t mean bodily gas as that is discussed a lot from Bariatric family!

44 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@Meadow76, it occurred to me that I should state that as a further FYI, the menus posted on here and most of the folks commenting are a bit further out than you are, and are in maintenance already. You probably don't want to model your behaviours with ours just yet ❤️

Rock your weight loss phase first, and you can enjoy the fruits of your labour later. You'll thank yourself 6 months from now.

Yes I understand. Was just curious what’s down the road for me