Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

@FluffyChix the 150ml was in the beginning, now it's more. 200-300 ml as well i think. It's all about what it is.

Also, some days I can have a lot more, and some days I can only have a few bites.

Just now, Meryline said:

@FluffyChix the 150ml was in the beginning, now it's more. 200-300 ml as well i think. It's all about what it is.

Also, some days I can have a lot more, and some days I can only have a few bites.

Yes! Absolutely! Ok, so we're about the same volume then. I don't have too many "small pouch" days. :) But I do have items that I can eat less of for the signal of "meh that's enough". :D Cottage cheese is one of them.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh, I don't go away hungry. I just don't go away full. Does that make sense? I go away with the feeling like "Ok, I can go another 4-6 hours before the next meal..." but it's totally different than walking away "complete" and "full" or "stuffed". You know?

It's very difficult to describe though. It's simply, "enough."

If I was still hungry, I'd for sure up my veg quantity for the meal.

My "no seconds" rule is about building new habits for the future. I used to be a seconds and thirds girl. But even more, you can see that going back for more after about 30 minutes or so can lead to regain. So I don't want to do feed the mouth craving for just another taste.

And just for the record. My eating has never been about "seeing how little I can eat in a day". My eating has been all about see how MUCH nutrition, I can pack into my caloric intake and how much food quantity that can be so that I'm not starving all the time. :) It is always a case of fitting the most food into my macros for the day and will likely continue to be that way, cuz it makes me happy. :) And I'm clearly not starving to death. :)

Not saying this about any one person in particular but about the community on whole. IMHOI have noticed that people believe the less you can eat the more successful you are (long term). Conversely when people begin to have the ability to eat more there is a sense of panic (Just like when hunger returns)

Glad you are happy and not worried about the thing 💙

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Sorry @FluffyChix about being wide open but another question: since the GI doc said portion size won't make a dif (in keeping the pouch small for the future anyways) why can't you increase your salads/vegetables to satisfaction if you are still hungry?

@GreenTealael Sorry, this quote above led me to believe you were asking me specifically.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@GreenTealael Sorry, this quote above led me to believe you were asking me specifically.

Thanks!

No problem ! And nope too different things I was answering

Yesterday, Thu, Nov. 14
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 115.6 lbs

...seriously felt like I was eating all day long...then had a major dessert and snack binge in the evening while watching movies with the fam. The problem was that all the Snacks were laid out on the ottomans in front of me and I just kept mindlessly picking at the spread for like 3 hours. Key word being: MINDLESSLY.

9:30am - coffee w/ stevia

12:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1/2 an avocado + 6 oz grilled chicken

3:00pm - .5 oz chicharron + 1.5 oz beef Jerky + 1 Keto choco-coconut Fat Bomb + 3/4 of a KIND nut bar

6:00pm - Avocado Toast (1/4 avocado + salt + pepper + garlic powder + 1/2 slice Keto bread) + 1.5 oz mangoes + 1 KIND nut bar

8:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 1.2 oz gala apple + 1 snack can of lemon pepper tuna + 1 tbsp mayo + 1/2 cup tofu pudding

9:00pm to 12:30pm - 5 peanut candies + 3oz apple + 1 oz cheese + 2.5 oz beef jerky + 1.5 oz dried mangoes

Totals: 2566 cals - 165g Protein - 179g NET carbs - 116g fat

8 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Weighing in at 168.4 this morning ! I am officially back in my zone

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

@Meryline: welcome to the thread! I'm actually glad to see your high cal intakes...not many post higher cal menus here (I think I'm probably the only one right now) ❤️.

P.S. Im also looking to up my running game (like you I only started running this year).

Today, Fri, Nov. 15
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 115.6 lbs

...slept in until almost noon today! that doesn't happen very often (read: hardly ever). having another meh food day, may be because I missed my run this AM.

12:30pm - earl grey tea w/ stevia

3:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + tuna salad (1 snack can Lemon Pepper tuna, 1/2 tbsp mayo, 1.5 oz apple, 1/4 jalepeno pepper + .5oz red onion) + 1 oz Porchetta

6:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1 oz apple, 1/4 jalepeno pepper + 1/3 fl oz sunflower seeds + 1 oz Porchetta + 1 tbsp sour cream w/ green onion

8:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1 oz green Beans w/ sliced almonds + 2 tbsp fried onion topping + 1 tbsp garlic chili oil + 1.5 oz Porchetta + 1.5 oz pan fried scallops in bacon fat

Totals: 827 cals - 58g Protein - 31g NET carbs - 48g fat

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@Meryline: welcome to the thread! I'm actually glad to see your high cal intakes...not many post higher cal menus here (I think I'm probably the only one right now) ❤️.

P.S. Im also looking to up my running game (like you I only started running this year).

Yay, happy to see other runners and high cal people.

I actually haven't done a proper tracking in a while, maybe today I should try.

Let me know if you have any questions. I started at 0 in February and this week it will probably be around 45km.

Let's try tracking today

250ml iced Latte macchiato light - 79 cal, 1.3g fat, 9.8g carbs, 7.3g Protein

330ml Protein Shake - 165 cal, 3.6g fat, 7.6g of carbs, 25.4g protein

180g yogurt with müsli combo - 261 cal, 12.4 fat, 22.1 carbs, 13.5 protein

505 calories - 17.3g fat - 39.5 carbs - 46.2 protein

And it's noon. In Austria we don't do net carbs, so this is like all the carbs lol

I have 30min run in a little bit, but I also have to think about my 90min run tomorrow, and the fact that I have 5 days of heavy workouts behind me. A little more than normal this week.

So more eating later on hehe

Well busy and stressful days lead to weird eating on my behalf.
The bad: I probably ended up eating 50-60% of the food I had planned.
The good: 2 different sets of customers brought Cookies and there was still leftover bday cake from Wednesday at work and I didn’t have a single bite of any of it.

My planned food:

1-carton premier protein: 160 cals
4- large green olives-30 cal
1- p3 Protein pack-150 cal
1 serving blue diamond almonds-170 cal
1-chicken of the sea infusion-140 cal
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese-90 cal
3 ounces pork tenderloin -120 cal
1/2 cup bacon and blue salad mix- 80 cal
8- Parmesan chips -40 cal

~800-ish calories, 90 gm protein, and <20gm carb.

Okay, so I slept in til 8 so I was behind on Water, which led me to eating slightly less than half of the pork and salad for lunch.
Then I had my pack of almonds in my pocket and during a rush, I was bending over and many of them fell out and hit the floor so I had to toss them.
At dinner time (I was working a 1-11pm shift) I had just got the cottage cheese tuna mix out of the fridge when a 2 hour rush hit.
I probably was able to wolf down 4-5 bites total in that time (these are the times when I regret most my limited capacity) and then I was outside my eating window (rush didn’t settle down til after 9pm) so I chucked the rest of it in the trash

Slept like crap last night bc my tummy was gurgling all night and so I woke up at 6am pretty hungry.
Lol, was able to hold out til 7am, but I just ate a scrambled egg and I’m getting tummy cramps.
Ugh, I’ve got back-to-back Pilates classes starting in less than an hour and I can’t drink any water bc of this dang food I ate.

But hey..... despite the back counter being FULL of carb-y Snacks and sweets, I didn’t have any of it despite being stressed to the max and hungry.

Weighing in same as yesterday 168.4 . Yesterday menu

Breakfast eggwich

lunch 4oz fish with lemon

dinner 3oz chicken and 1/3 cup rice with a spicy sauce

snack mint chocolate chip and cookie dough ice cream 1 cup and I did this twice 😨 also had an oz of almonds and 1oz of granola and seed mix. Then later in evening I ate a mixed green salad. Little piggy I was.

My mom is visiting and loves her ice cream and I guess I do too ! I don't keep these kinda things in the house.

Edited by Tracyringo

1389 calories: 90 Protein -168 carbs -50 fats- Maintaining my bounce range. I'm down 4 lbs.

Breakfast

• Oat meal 1.6 Cup
  • Dried cranberries 2 oz
  • Sliced almonds .3 oz
  • Black coffee 2 cups
  • Unsweetened cashew milk 1 cup
  • Splenda with Fiber

lunch

• 50/50/spring mix 3 oz
  • Grilled chicken breast 2.3 oz
  • Hemp hearts .2 oz
  • Pomegranate seeds 2 oz
  • Chili lime pepitas .5 oz
  • Light n fit Greek yogurt 5.3 oz

dinner

• 50/50 spring mix 3 oz
  • Hemp hearts ,2 oz
  • Chili lime pepitas .5 oz
  • Smoked salmon 2.9 oz

snack

• Red grapefruit 3 OZ
  • Chickpea sea salt snack 3oz
  • Frozen grapes .5 cup

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

Weighing in same as yesterday 168.4 . Yesterday menu

Breakfast eggwich

lunch 4oz fish with lemon

dinner 3oz chicken and 1/3 cup rice with a spicy sauce

snack mint chocolate chip and cookie dough ice cream 1 cup and I did this twice 😨 also had an oz of almonds and 1oz of granola and seed mix. Then later in evening I ate a mixed green salad. Little piggy I was.

My mom is visiting and loves her ice cream and I guess I do too ! I don't keep these kinda things in the house.

Ice cream is my nemesis as well. I know that I will dump if I eat more than 1/4 cup, but I tell myself its ok every single time. Spoiler Alert: its not. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ms.sss