Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Edited to add: I double posted this in the Maintenance Thread cuz I thought it would be appropriate there...

OK, so I noticed a behavioural pattern in me that I sort of see in others as well, based on their posts/comments/etc that I have read.

So I remember when I was at 127 lbs I was of the opinion that I was way too small and was adamant I did not want to lose any more, and I wanted to maintain in the 125-130 range.

Then I got under 125. Something in me changed and I mentally switched my maintain range to 120-125.

During my attempts to transition into maintenance, I got under 120. Not surprisingly, my chosen maintain range became 115-120. If I got near too near 120, I would buckle down to get closer to 117.5

Fast forward to today and for some reason or another, I got under 115. I've been under 115 for about a month now. Now even though I am now 10-15 lbs below what I thought was too small way back then, I find myself getting lowkey concerned when I get closer to 115! I mean, for the past couple days I have been like 3-4 ounces within 115 and I find myself watching my food choices more closely.

Its as if each new 5 lbs loss increment becomes the new standard (despite it being intentional or not) that I have to defend.

Now don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with how I look and feel these days, and don't feel I need to lose nor gain any weight. Right now this is just an observation that *may* be a concern *if* I get under 110 or 105 (which honestly I think is very unlikely). I just sorta wonder sometimes if I would feel the need defend a 100-105 range if I ever got there?

I dunno. We'll cross that bridge if we ever come to it. In the meantime, whoo-hoo, LOL

I have done the exact same thing, just at higher weights then you. I totally get it !

On 11/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, FluffyChix said:

Love your menu! Glad you're here posting with us!!!

Is this a maintenance menu or are you trying to come down within your window? Looks fabulous!!!

I eat mainly healthy. I balance it with not so healthy food days. If I have a slight gain, I eat my weight loss calories. Still maintaining my weight bounce up and down the scale.

11/10/2019

1373 calories 105 Protein 113 carbs 60 fats 38 sugar.

Breakfast

• 1.5 cup Fat free cottage cheese
  • 2 oz Red grapefruit

lunch

• 1 Ranch tuna packet
  • 3.3 oz Sugar snap peas
  • 3 oz Hummus

dinner ( Two sittings to get the amount of food in)

• 5 slices turkey pepperoni
  • 10 each turkey meatballs
  • .3 Elephant garlic
  • 1 oz Onion
  • 3 oz Tri colored bel peppers
  • 2.3 oz Ready cut diced tomatoes
  • 5 oz Four cheese spaghetti sauce
  • 12 oz Zucchini noodles

snack

• 8 Hershey’s Mr. good bar minis

6 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

dinner ( Two sittings to get the amount of food in)

• 5 slices turkey pepperoni
  • 10 each turkey meatballs
  • .3 Elephant garlic
  • 1 oz Onion
  • 3 oz Tri colored bel peppers
  • 2.3 oz Ready cut diced tomatoes
  • 5 oz Four cheese spaghetti sauce
  • 12 oz Zucchini noodles

This sounds like the makings of a yummy low carb "pasta" meal! Did you happen to take any pics?

Today, Mon, Nov. 11
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.5 lbs

...so normally grill up 4 or 5 chicken breasts at at time, chop em up and pop in the fridge to take out as needed to top my salads. I dont know whats up with this batch but I feel like they are super-extra-filling or something. I'm stuffed to my throat again after eating tonight's salad. Or, I may just be imagining things. In any case, I am DONE eating today and am posting my menu now.

8:30am - coffee w/ stevia + earl grey tea w/ stevia

12:00pm - salad greens w/ olive oil + carrots + jalapeno peppers + red onion + 3 oz grilled chicken + 1oz peanuts + 1 slice bacon + 1 oz parmesean

2:00pm - 1 oz chicharron + 1.5 Keto Snap Choco-Coconut Fat Bombs + avocado smoothie (1/2 avocado + 1 cup whole milk + stevia)

4:00pm - 1/2 cup full fat cottage cheese + 1 oz blueberries + black pepper + garlic powder

7:00pm - salad greens w/ olive oil + carrots + 3.5 oz grilled chicken + 1/2 an avocado + 1.5 oz almonds

Totals: 1930 cals - 121g Protein - 48g NET carbs - 138g fat

11 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Edited to add: I double posted this in the Maintenance Thread cuz I thought it would be appropriate there...

OK, so I noticed a behavioural pattern in me that I sort of see in others as well, based on their posts/comments/etc that I have read.

So I remember when I was at 127 lbs I was of the opinion that I was way too small and was adamant I did not want to lose any more, and I wanted to maintain in the 125-130 range.

Then I got under 125. Something in me changed and I mentally switched my maintain range to 120-125.

During my attempts to transition into maintenance, I got under 120. Not surprisingly, my chosen maintain range became 115-120. If I got near too near 120, I would buckle down to get closer to 117.5

Fast forward to today and for some reason or another, I got under 115. I've been under 115 for about a month now. Now even though I am now 10-15 lbs below what I thought was too small way back then, I find myself getting lowkey concerned when I get closer to 115! I mean, for the past couple days I have been like 3-4 ounces within 115 and I find myself watching my food choices more closely.

Its as if each new 5 lbs loss increment becomes the new standard (despite it being intentional or not) that I have to defend.

Now don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with how I look and feel these days, and don't feel I need to lose nor gain any weight. Right now this is just an observation that *may* be a concern *if* I get under 110 or 105 (which honestly I think is very unlikely). I just sorta wonder sometimes if I would feel the need defend a 100-105 range if I ever got there?

I dunno. We'll cross that bridge if we ever come to it. In the meantime, whoo-hoo, LOL

I also double posted.

I felt the need to defend my weight loss. It’s work getting to goal. I was preparing for the 10+ weight bounce, fear of regain, and the scale affected how I feel about myself. I felt great when the scale was at its lowest. I felt like I failed this process with a slight gain.

It has taken years to work out some of these things.

You are doing great.

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

This sounds like the makings of a yummy low carb "pasta" meal! Did you happen to take any pics?

My daughter in law commented that I was eating a family sized salad bowl. I will get pics next time.

Todays menu was

Breakfast Jimmy dean delight. To those of you that may not know what this is its egg on outside, sausage and cheese. No bread

lunch salad greens, Tomato, avocado with ranch dressing and a tuna packet

dinner 3oz roast, 1 small potato, 1 carrot with a few onions.

snack 1oz almonds and greek yogurt

Could not eat all my dinner and finished the rest a few hours later.

Yesterday was a busy busy day moving our storage unit across town. I fell asleep by 7pm then woke up hungry at midnight. So what did I do? I ate! Ugh! LOL

Can tell my arm is unhappy with all the activity and salt from yesterday, cuz I'm having a lymphedema flare in my left arm, chest, and back. Oy veh. Time for compression. I estimate I'm carrying about a lb or more of Fluid.

Monday 11.11 - Maintenance : 5'4" / 57y F/ 19.5mo PO RNY / 132.0 lbs

B-Protein lattes (4oz PP)

L-Big A*s salad with shrimp and veg (iceberg, cucumbers, red bell peppers, purp onion, carrots, sliced olives, feta, Grk dressing) + 1/4 of Italian sausage and marinara appetizer (ate about 1/3 of the salad).

AS-nothing

D-gg brancrisp flatbread + LS Peanut Butter

BS-cottage cheese, ff grk yogurt + walnuts + SF da vinci pumpkin spice Syrup

image.thumb.png.bca4e54c77fe35e4dfb4d6015bfa0880.png

Daily Totals: 756 cals; 57g protein; 48g fat; 33g carbs; 11g fiber

(Psst: I have that crazy feeling of being at the top of my weight window at 132lbs and need to really skimp on food today to have the scale move back down to 130lbs.)

@ms.sss

Today, Tues, Nov. 12
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.5 lbs

...had some friends drop by tonite bearing bottles of wine and snacks...I consider it a win I limited my wine intake to only 2 glasses. BTW, my self-imposed alcohol ban has been permanently lifted. My PPI-wean-off expirament seems to have proven that alcohol doesn't bother me as much as spicy foods, citrus, and laying down too soon after eating does.

10:00am - coffee w/ stevia + 2 earl grey teas w/ stevia

12:30pm - * ate about 2/3 of this * salad greens + vinaigrette + 1/2 an avocado + 2.3 oz Air-fried Porchetta leftovers sans skin + Curried chicken salad (2.8 oz grilled chicken + 0.8 oz gala apple + red onion + 1 tbsp homemade mayo + 1/2 tsp curry powder)

3:30pm - * ate the rest of the 12:30pm meal * + 1/2 cup full fat cottage cheese + 1.5 oz blueberries

6:30pm - Salad greens + vinaigrette + 1/2 avocado + 1 oz gala apple + red onion + 3 oz grilled chicken + 1 oz chicharron

10:30pm - 3 oz various cheeses + 3 oz various cured meats + 8 red grapes + 2 glasses of red wine

Totals: 1882 cals - 125g Protein - 39g NET carbs - 113g fat

Had a hungry hungry heifer day yesterday so ate as much lean Protein as I wanted while keeping carbs low. There is no doubt the hungrier days at the top of the week are due to eating more food and more carbs on the weekend--even though my weekend choices are not very bad.

Another busy day today!

You guys are all rock stars and your menus look delish!!!!! @ms.sss You look like you are maintaining like a champ and that you have this down! @Tracyringo are you back in your window? If not, you are soooo close!!!

Tuesday 11.12 - Maintenance : 5'4" / 57y F/ 19.5mo PO RNY / 131.6 lbs
B-Protein lattes (4oz PP) + 1 hb egg

L-Big A*s salad with salmon and veg (iceberg, cucumbers, red bell peppers, purp onion, carrots, sliced olives, feta, Grk dressing) + 1 hb egg

AS-herb ox chicken bouillon + grilled chickie boob

D-grilled chicken parm + garlic broccoli + avo/tomato

BS-1/2 s'mores Quest bar + decaff/peppermint mocha latte

image.thumb.png.b0275411cb44bc6fe4df029ba12e8ef5.png

Daily Totals: 1117cals; 101g protein; 66g fat; 33g carbs; 14g fiber; 19g net carbs

19 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Big A*s salad with salmon and veg

I must be hungry or something. My mouth just watered when I read salmon.

...off to grocery today to pick some up, I guess!

@FluffyChix I weighed in at 170.2 this morning. I still have at least 2 lbs to go, but I thinking I need to go down lower since the holidays are coming. I am not too worried but I also am not taking it lightly because we all know that 2 can turn to 5 which can turn into 10 ect. Yesterday I ate light but have been having lots of problems with my lumbar and neck for the past week and am taking pain meds the last 2 days which have caused bathroom issues. I didn't take any today. Yesterdays food was

Brunch 3oz roast, 3/4 small potato, and a carrot.

dinner 2oz salad greens with Tomato, cheese, avocado, bacon bits and 3 croutons. Ranch dressing 2 Tbl

snack 1oz almonds and a cupcake😜

Okay so weighed in at 150.0 again today.
Lol, why is it that when I’m trying to breakthrough a huge milestone the scale stops? 🤣🤣

Anyway, need to leave for work in 5 mins,but today my menu is simple:
tuna, cottage cheese, 5 olives, a p3 pack, and an 11oz carton Premier Protein to add to some iced coffee.
Should be somwhere in the 70’s for Protein and somewhere in the high teens for carbs.
Prolly around 700-800 Cals

Maybe it’s wrong for me to be lazy about logging, but I feel as long as I stay with foods that I know it’s okay not to log

@Sheribear68 I don't log either anymore. The most logging I do is here but I don't do it on an app. Once in awhile I will go on sparklepeople.com and add it up to check myself but that is about it. Have a great day 😊