Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Saturday 11.09 - Maintenance : 5'4" / 57y F/ 19.5mo PO RNY / 130.2 lbs

Congrats @Tracyringo I'd count you there too. :) Congrats on making a great Breakfast choice! I love your menus, and love @ms.sss. And I also get to live vicariously through you 2!

Yesterday I was AWESOME SAUCE. :) Until last night happened...uh oh. It was a stressful day. Ha! Like life doesn't happen to everyone and our challenge is know ourselves and not eat because of emotional issues. But it was a stressful day all around, starting with our support meeting and ending with working to clean out our storage units all afternoon. Ugh.

We got a slight sensitivity building lesson from our group leader yesterday about not being judgemental or too harsh on the newbies to the group. Cuz apparently one had complained that we were too mean to her and too Judge Judy. And I'm pretty sure be we she meant me. So I felt bad for hurting her but I also felt marginalized. I also feel like we are not there to enable someone--especially someone so soon out of surgery doing terrible things and who still had well over 100lbs to lose--who wasn't losing well.

This girl wasn't even 2 months out and was already going out eating pizza, Chinese and Mexican food and boozing it up, talking about taking multiple shots with her son and passing out at a bar and needing to be carried out and what a buzz she was getting from it, and then complained she wasn't losing. So I told her that everything in moderation is a myth to many of us and that it wasn't magic bean surgery. That she needed to not squander her honeymoon period or I could pretty much guarantee she would never make it to goal. In fact only one other lady in our group besides me is even close to goal. One girl was, then life happened to her too and she's regained 40-50lbs. The other will never make goal cuz she eats too much and too much good stuff.

Then I promptly went out and didn't follow my advice. I did good at lunch, but by last night...LOL on date night and late date night--yeah, all hell unleashed. I found cauliflower crust pizza at a local pizza joint and had 1 1/2 pieces of a 10" crust and some chicken caesar minus the croutons with about 1tbsp dressing (and a glass of cab). Felt delightfully satisfied without being hugely full.

Dinner I had 4 deep fried mushrooms then could only eat a small amount of salad and 2 grilled shrimp. So nicely satisfied. (Over estimate food portions to try to keep things honest.) But the 1 glass of wine with lunch, 2 glasses with dinner, then the whiskey and Decaf coffee at the end of the night with more snacking is where it all went wrong.

Oddly enough I'm down 0.2lbs so this morning I'm 130.2lbs and Saturday is definitely in a cheat day range for the week.

image.thumb.png.0eb2d98cd92ebcb22808d849b6bfcc9b.png

Daily Totals: 1690cals; 81g protein; 87g carbs; 9g Fiber 78g net carbs.

(Woke up hungry this morning and thinking about having chaffles with butter and Syrup with eggs and bacon...I'm thinking late night eating and too many carbs/booze is to blame. Today I'm gonna stick to salads and grilled chicken or shrimp. And tomorrow it's back on the straight and narrow. )

Edited by FluffyChix

Maintaining female 5’5’ sleeve five years out maintaining in the 130’s BMI 23

Friday Nov 8th

11oz egg whites

1.3 cups power greens

.5 tablespoon Cocavo oil

2 cups coffee Splenda with fiber 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk

3oz Spring salad mix

4oz chicken breast

5.5 med sliced strawberries

1 oz Candied pecans

1 oz Blue cheese 1.5oz

1 oz Raspberry vinaigrette dressing

1 Dannon light n fit yogurt

3 oz Sugar snap peas and 2oz classic hummus

1074 calories 104 Protein 59 carbs 50 fats

Nov 9th

11oz Egg whites

1 cup Power greens

.5 tablespoon Cocavo oil

1 order Taco omelet (restaurant)

3.9 oz Smoked salmon

3 oz 50/50 spring mix

3 oz Sugar snap peas 2 oz hummus

1265 calories 103 protein 41 carbs 75 fats

@FluffyChix maybe you did that girl a favor or at least tried. Coddling these people isn't going to do them any good. I now know why they don't want teenagers having this kind of surgery. Not to say that people who are older don't go and do the same things, but the difference is they can usually admit they goofed and take responsibility for their actions.

Don't beat yourself up on date night and a few no no s here and there. You have a window you stick with also. Its not like you don't hold yourself accountable and fix it quickly.

29 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

You have a window you stick with also. Its not like you don't hold yourself accountable and fix it quickly.

Yes absolutely! Even though today is technically still part of my "food up" weekend where I'm trying to eat more cals and macros, I'm back on the straight and narrow about eating meals or organized Snacks and not nibbling, and I'm going to try to make all my choices healthy foods, just eat more calories (real dressing instead of my calorie free stuff + avocado, nuts, etc. ) :) And definitely no alcohol S-Thurs. :) It's working so far. Will be interesting to see if my weight holds through to tomorrow or goes up. Still waiting on the #2 trains to make it down the tracks so I predict a bounce up. ;) hahaha

And yeah, we all kinda pushed back and told RD that we are all straight shooters with each other and that we took what she was saying very seriously. And she told us that sure we could hold accountability, but we have to do it in a more gentle way. 😕 SMH. ROFL. I know I'm very black or white about some things and can be hard. So I will try to think of better ways to say things...

1 hour ago, Healthy_life2 said:

Maintaining female 5’5’ sleeve five years out maintaining in the 130’s BMI 23

Friday Nov 8th

11oz egg whites

1.3 cups power greens

.5 tablespoon Cocavo oil

2 cups coffee Splenda with fiber 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk

3oz Spring salad mix

4oz chicken breast

5.5 med sliced strawberries

1 oz Candied pecans

1 oz Blue cheese 1.5oz

1 oz Raspberry vinaigrette dressing

1 Dannon light n fit yogurt

3 oz Sugar snap peas and 2oz classic hummus

1074 calories 104 Protein 59 carbs 50 fats

Nov 9th

11oz Egg whites

1 cup Power greens

.5 tablespoon Cocavo oil

1 order Taco omelet (restaurant)

3.9 oz Smoked salmon

3 oz 50/50 spring mix

3 oz Sugar snap peas 2 oz hummus

1265 calories 103 Protein 41 carbs 75 fats

Love your menu! Glad you're here posting with us!!!

Is this a maintenance menu or are you trying to come down within your window? Looks fabulous!!!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

And yeah, we all kinda pushed back and told RD that we are all straight shooters with each other and that we took what she was saying very seriously. And she told us that sure we could hold accountability, but we have to do it in a more gentle way. 😕 SMH. ROFL. I know I'm very black or white about some things and can be hard. So I will try to think of better ways to say things...

I often have the SMH feelings when reading posts in this forum. A few months ago I would try to post some soft-ish love-based advice and/or comment to attempt to instill some common sense into some OPs (I was never the tough-love-giver type of person...stems from my dislike of confrontation and my catholic-school-girl guilt-imposed upbringing, lol)

Now, when I get those feelings after reading some posts, I just try to stay out of it. Like you, I don't want to enable them, but I also think there will always be some folks who, for whatever reason, cannot/will not heed the advise that they know themselves they must follow to succeed.

I can't remember who posted the following on a thread a while back, but it stuck with me:

"Don't put in more effort than the one you are trying to help."

It may not be the most helpful thing for everyone, but it defiantly helps to keep my own sanity after reading some of the stuff posted on here.

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Daily Totals: 1690cals; 81g protein; 87g carbs; 9g Fiber 78g net carbs.

1690 cals for an "indulge" day? That's still pretty good....

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

"Don't put in more effort than the one you are trying to help."

It may not be the most helpful thing for everyone, but it defiantly helps to keep my own sanity after reading some of the stuff posted on here.

So so so so right!

BTW, bluecheese salad for lunch today in your honor. :)

Weighed in at 170.2 this morning. Not too concerned as I think I am retaining a little Water. Todays food was

Breakfast Kashi go lean Protein and fiber Cereal 1 cup with 1/2 cup milk

lunch 3 small chicken strips no breading with honey mustard sauce 2 tbl

dinner baked cubed steak, 1/3 mash potato, with gravy and 1/4 cup corn

snack 1oz almonds

snack Peanut Butter cheese crackers 6

Ate half my dinner and am full so I will finish the rest in a few hrs if I feel hungry. Had 3 shots of southern comfort. Looking at all my food I doubt the scale will go down tomorrow. Going grocery shopping and will buy some lower calorie foods tomorrow

Yesterday, Sun, Nov. 10
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.9 lbs

Gonna just post this now instead of waiting until tomorrow. I am stuffed to the throat with grilled chicken at the moment (aaaaalmost to the point of barfing, but not quite). So I am DONE eating for today.

...went for brunch this afternoon and totally thought I would go carb-crazy. Ended up just taking in 35g of net carbs total at brunch, BUT...I just looked at the breakdown, and 21g grams of that was from the MAPLE Syrup ALONE! And it was only about 1.5 tablespoons! Damn you delicious maple syrup. I didn't even have pancakes or waffles or french toast to put the syrup on. I put the stuff on my bacon and eggs, hahahaha.

P.P.S. I was thiiiiiis close to eating some leftover birthday cheesecake from yesterday with a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream, because I was only at ~900 cals by day's end. But I was looking over my food logs from past days and I am eating waaaaaaay too much dessert-y stuff too often. So I passed on the cheesecake, and ate some grilled chicken instead. Ate too much I guess, and now I am in this predicament. I really feel like I want to hurl though...

7:00am - earl grey tea w/ stevia

12:00pm - 2.5 coffees w/ stevia + 1.5 oz steak + 1/2 slice bacon + 1 poached egg + 1.5 tbsp maple syrup + 1 tbsp hollandaise sauce + 2 blueberries + 2 strawberries + 1/4 cup spring mix w/ mango vinaigrette + a bite of crabcake from Mr.'s plate

2:00pm - 1.75 oz chicharron

4:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1.7 oz peaches + 1 slice bacon + 2.4 oz steak

6:30pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 1.6 oz peaches + 1/4 cup Chinese broccoli + 3.5 oz grilled chicken + 1 fl oz turnip dim sum

8:30pm - 4 oz grilled chicken w/ lemon & salt

Totals: 1099 cals - 104g Protein - 54g NET carbs - 57g fat

Back on track yesterday. But up a little bit today. No surprise. 😕 That's my usual Monday situation. Ha!

Sunday 11.10 - Maintenance : 5'4" / 57y F/ 19.5mo PO RNY / 131.6 lbs

B-Protein lattes (4oz PP)

L-Big A*s salad with shrimp & chicken + blue cheese + pumpkin seeds + veg (rbp, cucumbers, toms) (ate it in 2 portions)

AS-(the other half of my salad) + almonds

D-atlantic salmon mustard coated + grilled chicken + broccoli in garlic + avo/tom

BS-gg brancrisp flatbread + Peanut Butter

image.thumb.png.9e0ed46e8f9a265f804c6d585964587a.png

Daily Totals: 1064 cals; 84g protein; 69g fat; 36g carbs; 16g fiber; 20g net carbs

Just now, ms.sss said:

@FluffyChix: are you still aiming to reach a barbie dream goal weight?

Kinda? In a lazy way. :) Meaning...if it happens it happens. Mostly I just use M-Th as a time to get down to the low end of my weight window so that I can have any kind of weekend I want without stress. Then Monday I come back 1-2lbs up (or more ;) ) and have M-Th to return to baseline.

It helps that I like eating the way I do during the week. And depending, I might throw in some IF with it for autophagy/health reasons. :)

But I would not be a hater if I hit 125lbs. I just don't want the stress on my shoulders of trying to break out of a decade. I thought I might be in the 120s last week, but I ate 200cals more per day on average which is reason enough not to have broken through.

Edited to add: I double posted this in the Maintenance Thread cuz I thought it would be appropriate there...

OK, so I noticed a behavioural pattern in me that I sort of see in others as well, based on their posts/comments/etc that I have read.

So I remember when I was at 127 lbs I was of the opinion that I was way too small and was adamant I did not want to lose any more, and I wanted to maintain in the 125-130 range.

Then I got under 125. Something in me changed and I mentally switched my maintain range to 120-125.

During my attempts to transition into maintenance, I got under 120. Not surprisingly, my chosen maintain range became 115-120. If I got near too near 120, I would buckle down to get closer to 117.5

Fast forward to today and for some reason or another, I got under 115. I've been under 115 for about a month now. Now even though I am now 10-15 lbs below what I thought was too small way back then, I find myself getting lowkey concerned when I get closer to 115! I mean, for the past couple days I have been like 3-4 ounces within 115 and I find myself watching my food choices more closely.

Its as if each new 5 lbs loss increment becomes the new standard (despite it being intentional or not) that I have to defend.

Now don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with how I look and feel these days, and don't feel I need to lose nor gain any weight. Right now this is just an observation that *may* be a concern *if* I get under 110 or 105 (which honestly I think is very unlikely). I just sorta wonder sometimes if I would feel the need defend a 100-105 range if I ever got there?

I dunno. We'll cross that bridge if we ever come to it. In the meantime, whoo-hoo, LOL

Edited by ms.sss

On 11/10/2019 at 09:14, Tracyringo said:

@FluffyChix maybe you did that girl a favor or at least tried. Coddling these people isn't going to do them any good. I now know why they don't want teenagers having this kind of surgery. Not to say that people who are older don't go and do the same things, but the difference is they can usually admit they goofed and take responsibility for their actions.

Don't beat yourself up on date night and a few no no s here and there. You have a window you stick with also. Its not like you don't hold yourself accountable and fix it quickly.

Agreed.

Okay, so I will say that I’m more of a “tough love” kind of person and can be blunt sometimes.
Part of that is decades as a healthcare practitioner (do NOT try to lie to me and tell me that the dog ate your Xanax and you need it filled early) and part of it is that I carry around a lot of mother/daughter issues with my mom. In short, she’s one of the biggest enablers on the planet and then tells lies/omits truth about it. Trying to confront her about it is like trying to punch a marshmallow, so how I compensate is to be brutally honest to the point of being (seemingly) outright rude at times.
I used to feel bad about it, but as I get older, I’m more of a “take me or leave me” kind of person.
I need to find a good support group— so far I can only find ones online. Both bariatric centers near me have crap format and hours. Meh.

Anyway, just discovered this thread. Yay!
I’ll probably lurk here more than post bc I don’t log food as often or as thoroughly as I should but I love seeing the menus