Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

37 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

I get really hot and sweats but it doesn't do it every time, its weird. I am guessing it is because its the first thing to hit my stomach in the morning and I use vanilla Creamer.

Oh yeah, I dump. Most definitely. I've had real doozies before. I have not-so-fond memories of wanting to die on bathroom floors, simultaneously barfing and explosive pooping, being so weak that I had to be carried in and out of the showers, heart pounding so fast and hard I swear the each beat physically shakes my body.

It doesn't happen all the time, and I don't get it as often (nor as severe) as I did before despite me actually consuming more sugar now than then.

You would think I would stay away from sugar, knowing how I could react to it. 🙄

Weighed in at 169.6 this morning. Yesterday food was

Breakfast 1 egg scrambled with cheese and 1 turkey sausage Patty

lunch 3oz taco meat, 5 chips, cheese, and sour cream.

dinner 4oz tilapia and small spring mix salad with cheese and ranch( didn't finish salad)

snack 1oz roasted almonds and a few grapes.

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

Weighed in at 169.6 this morning

YAAASSSSS! Back in your window, baby :)

Yesterday, Wed, Nov. 6
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.2 lbs

...relatively low-cal day yesterday. I finished the last of my salad green stash at lunch and basically just ate grilled chicken for the rest of the day and it was very filling. I need to buy more greens at a time...I finished a costco pack of romaine (6 heads) + a costco organic spinach container in less than 5 days! I ❤️ salad.

9:00am - lemon peppermint tea with Stevia

12:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + carrots + 5oz grilled chicken + 1.5 Fluid oz almonds

4:00pm - 3oz grilled chicken + 1/2 an avocado + 1 fluid oz walnuts

7:30pm - 5oz grilled chicken + 1 tbsp sour cream + 1/2 fluid oz sunflower seeds + 1/2 sweet potato w/ butter + 1 slice of green apple

11:00pm - 2oz turkey jerky

Totals: 1272 cals - 106g Protein - 33g NET carbs - 75g fat

Yesterday, Thu, Nov. 7
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 113.7 lbs

...didn't get a chance to visit costco yesterday, so I went through another day SANS salad. 😢😢😢

9:00am - coffee with Stevia

12:00pm - 3.5 oz grilled pork chop + 1/2 package shiratake noodles + 2 tbsp salsa verde + 1 poached egg + 1 slice bacon

3:00pm - 1oz grilled pork chop + 1/2 an avocado + 1 poached egg + 1oz cheddar cheese + 1/2 fl oz sunflower seeds

5:00pm - 1/2 a Pure Protein Peanut Butter chocolate Bar + 1 Keto Choco-Coconut Fat Bomb + 1 Almond-Caramel-Sea-Salt Kind Bar

8:30pm - 2.5oz grilled pork chop + 1/2 package shiratake noodles + 3.5 oz sweet potato & apple casserole + 1 slice bacon + 2 tbsp sour cream + 1 tbsp fried onion topping

10:30 - avocado smoothie (1 avocado + cashew milk + stevia)

Totals: 1909 cals - 100g Protein - 56g NET carbs - 135g fat

Gosh I honestly could NOT remember how to find the thread yesterday!!! TY yall for posting and bringing it back to trending topics!!

Yesterday was like the third day of hungry hungry heifer. So I threw more Protein at the hunger and tried to keep "containment". I was really starting to worry last night about it, if this was a new phase or if my carbs were giving me bg issues and insulin probs.

But I think I was just in a protein deficit. I've read a recent study on obesity theory that talks about hunger increases when protein is kept too low over a long period of time? And that once you eat and eat and eat until your protein "reserves" (kinda sorta) are refilled, your hunger hormones will be psycho killers.

Interestingly, after eating so much protein over the past 3 days, I woke up prepared to fight the urge to eat and low and behold...I wasn't hungry until around 12:30pm. I had my same lattes to get my extra protein in, but didn't feel inclined to eat breakfast. I had a huge lunch and now feel totally satisfied with an abscence of food cues or cravings. So maybe there is something to that theory? It will be interesting to see how the rest of the day shakes out from here.

Planning a salad with shrimp tonight @ms.sss (oh yes, I'm talking about you Missy! The salad queen!)

@Tracyringo wooohooooo! And BAM! Just like that baybbbbbby! You are back in your window! It feels ridiculously good, doesn't it? :D Congrats!! Your menus have looked so yummy and gorgeous!

@ms.sss I seriously heart you! Love your menus. Love that you are fearless about trying different things and love that you're able to eat late and not gain! I've been having some nightly snacking going down...it's mostly corralled, but it gives me hope that I can have my cake Peanut Butter and cheese and eat it too! ;) hehe.

Ok, so here goes:

Thursday 11.07 - Maintenance : 5'4" / 57y F/ 19.5mo PO RNY / 130.6 lbs

B-Protein lattes (4oz PP)

L-Green Soup (ate it in 2 portions)

AS-1/2c 2% Daisy Cottage Cheese + pepper (YUM!) + 1 frigo lite cheese stick

D-atlantic salmon mustard coated + broccoli in garlic + avo/tom

BS-Longhorn cheddar + peanut butter

image.thumb.png.5cfd16e7045d16545e2b66b8fee0e8b9.png

Daily Totals: 1006 cals; 97g protein; 53g fat; 36g carbs; 9g fiber; 27g net carbs (Oh and I didn't walk yesterday. I was so exhausted and just felt flat and empty without reserves. So I took a day off. But this morning I woke up, peppy, full of energy, jazzed for the day and ran = rawlked for 55 minutes straight.)

18 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Daily Totals: 1006 cals; 97g protein; 53g fat; 36g carbs; 9g fiber; 27g net carbs

My goodness that's alot of food for 1000-ish cals. Have you considered doing a bariatric meal prep side business? You could probably make a killing.

Friday 11.08 - Maintenance : 5'4" / 57y F/ 19.5mo PO RNY / 130.4 lbs

B-Protein lattes (4oz PP)

L-Sardines in Water (drained) + yellow mustard + cucumbers with ACV & Tajin spice + baby carrots

AS-wasn't hungry

D-italian sausage + marinara + parm + 2 glasses cabernet sauvignon + 1/2 small dinner salad + blue cheese dressing + grilled shrimp (sorry forgot to take a pic)

BS-cottage cheese + pln grk yogurt + bananas & cream PP + frozen blueberries + walnuts + hemp hearts + chia seeds

image.thumb.png.012bcf5d9aac3ef06ade43c1282424ec.png

Daily Totals: 1195 cals; 73g protein; 51g fat; 53g carbs; 10g fiber; 41g net carbs

My hunger stayed in check yesterday. Yay! Dinner was date night and extended, so we started with sharing Italian sausage in marinara and having a glass of wine. Then later we had dinner and a second glass of wine. I'm likely overestimating dinner--I found a hair in it about 1/3 of the way in and that was it for me. But I later got hungry, so went for my flavah fave...

Today is a swamped day! Y'all have a good one!! @ms.sss Ha! We're posting at the same time! Will bbiaf after I've read your posts!!! :D

Edited by FluffyChix

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

My goodness that's alot of food for 1000-ish cals. Have you considered doing a bariatric meal prep side business? You could probably make a killing.

Yes! :) Also doing bariatric food coaching/meal plans/books. :) My old blog I no longer keep was low carb Keto. I also had a fasting days healing days blog for a short period.

fluffychixcook.com

fastdayshealingdays.com

Yesterday, Fri, Nov. 8
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.0 lbs

...lots of food and drink with the gal pals last night (while for me I think I was doing a serious job of packing it in, my food intake was still less than what my friends were eating). I am running on about 4 hours of sleep at the moment as despite coming home late, I woke up at 7am. I am way toooo tired and run down to go for a run right now, so I'm sitting on the couch in front of tv with my laptop instead. I'm likely going to stay in this postion for a while...LOL. Unless I fall asleep *crosses fingers*

Spoiler Alert: I dumped last night.

9:30am - coffee with Stevia

2:00pm - salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 3.5 oz grilled chicken + apples

4:00pm - (the leftovers of my 2pm lunch) + 1 oz peanuts + 2oz chicharron

8:00pm - Wedge Salad (iceberg lettuce + bacon + Tomato + blue cheese crumble + blue cheese dressing) + grilled vegetables + cauliflower mash + 3 oz steak + 4-5 bites of oreo ice cream cake.

10pm to 2am - Skinny frozen margarita + 1 amaretto shot + 4 tequila shots + 1 vodka soda + 1/2 apple tart w/ vanilla ice cream.

Totals: 3469 cals - 148g Protein - 300g NET carbs - 166g fat

Edited by ms.sss

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I found a hair in it about 1/3 of the way in and that was it for me

🤮

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@ms.sss Ha! We're posting at the same time!

AND we both had blue cheese dressing last night....👻

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

🤮

AND we both had blue cheese dressing last night....👻

I was channeling you :) But, then I forgot to snap a pic. But OMG...the hair. *sic* 😬🤢🤮 Normally, I'd just put that restaurant on my list and never return. But, it's our favorite neighborhood place and we love the patrons and everyone who works there an owns the place. The owner felt so bad. I didn't want him to take it off my bill, but he comp'd the entire meal. I felt awful for him.

Well ladies lots of stuff going on and I missed a few days logging. 169.8 was my weigh in this morning and I am still 1 pound over my window of 167 to 168. I am not sweating it I just need to get on the ball. The holidays are coming and so is my first cruise in Jan ! YIKES

Breakfast 3/4 slice of Caseys breakfast pizza and 2 bites of biscuit and gravy

lunch 1/2 cup of spaghetti and meat sauce

dinner 3oz tri tip with green Beans

snack braum frozen yogurt and handful m&m

I know I need to start pulling away from all the carbs, so this morning I started out with an egg delight and it wasn't to bad

5 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Well ladies lots of stuff going on and I missed a few days logging. 169.8 was my weigh in this morning and I am still 1 pound over my window of 167 to 168

Ah, I thought your window was below 170. Well in any case you are like a hair away :)

Yesterday, Sat, Nov. 9
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.9 lbs

..."leftover" salad lunch, followed by a birthday dinner at a chinese restaurant and then cake and coffee at my place afterwards = mix of both fair and poor food choices yesterday. I feel round of bloat coming on, as I've got brunch with BFF and our fams in a couple hours and brunches are oh-so-carby.

9:00am - peppermint tea with Stevia

11:00am - Salad greens w/ vinaigrette + 2.1 oz grilled chicken + 2.8 oz steak + asparagus + cauliflower mash + peaches + avocado

3:30pm - 4 oz crispy pork + 1/8 cup fried turnips + 1 bite of squid + 2 sauteed shrimp + 1/4 cup Chinese broccoli + 5 cashews + 1/4 cup sliced mangoes

6:30pm - 1/8 cup lemon raspberry cheesecake + 1/8 cup mango cheesecake + 1 Halloween fun size Reese's Peanut Butter cup + 1 oz chicharron + 1oz peanuts

10:30pm - * leftovers from my 11am meal *

Totals: 1844 cals - 142g Protein - 100g NET carbs - 89g fat

Edited by ms.sss