Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Ok, Monday was a hungry hungry heifer day! Dang did I eat me some mini meals!!!

Monday Menu Nov. 4, Maintenance, 5'4" F, 20.5mo PO RNY / 130.2lbs (wooohooo weight stayed the same even with eating more!)

B-4oz Premier Prot + decaff coffees

L-1/2 grilled chicken salad (tomatoes, romaine, rbp, ro, cabbage, yellow cheese, avocado, chicken, blue cheese dressing)

D-1/2 grilled shrimp salad (tomatoes, romaine, rbp, ro, cabbage, avocado, shrimp, 3 zeroes Italian vinaigrette) + 1oz prime rib from Mr. F's plate

BS-1 Belgioso fontina cheese snack (like Baby Bel), 9g raw almonds, 8 slices turkey pepperoni

Here's how the day shook out. Everything beyond the PP is an estimate of size/weight. I tried to be overly generous with logging my "foods" in order to try to get closer to real consumed cals/macros.

885 Cals; 84g Protein; 51g Fat; 24g Carbs; 6g Fiber; 18g Net Carbs

***Footnote: I do calorie averaging. It's essentially something like a 5:2 plan where 5 days per week you eat normally and 2 days per week you eat 500cals. But my plan works the other way. I do 5 days trying to average between 850-900 cals-ish (give or take) + 2 days of eating what I want (about 1200-1500 cals) and more carbs, etc. If I want a little alcohol in there, that's fine. Then back to basics M-F. So far it's working for maintenance for me. :)

image.thumb.png.86b54ccc5c6edbceac4e25cb98c0f833.png

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Exhibit A: Shark Week

Hahahahahhaha...but that's in the summer :(

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Exhibit B: Smoked herring, turkey Jerky, salted pumpkin seeds, smoked oysters, seafood sauce are all salty. :)

Fluid hon. Drink lots o Water and more raw veggies when muchies hit, less salty Snacks.

Good catch. I have been craving (and consuming) salt LOTS. AND been remiss about drinking water! Switching gears...

So ms.sss I see you quit smoking and wondering if you had to quit before surgery? If so when did you start back up? I have went back and forth with smoking for almost 2 years now.

Tuesday Menu Nov. 5, Maintenance, 5'4" F, 20.5mo PO RNY / 130.4lbs (wooohooo weight stayed the same even with eating more--this is huge for me!)

Had another hungry hungry heifer day yesterday, so I ate. :) I misbehaved at Breakfast. I hate throwing out food (in my defense), and was starving, and found a leftover bit from this weekend shenanigans and ended up wasting 493 cals on breakfast. Crap!!! But got back on track the very next meal and was good from there on out. Today I feel no desire to be bad. Yay. And the scale stayed the same-ish.

B-4 Protein lattes (4oz PP + decaf)

2 garlic parm chicken wings + hot sauce + baby carrot + 4 cheese curds fried

L-green Soup with chicken and chicken sausage (had 2 meals from this amount)

D-grilled salmon + broccoli in garlic + grape tomatoes

BS-Belgioso fontina + 8sl turkey pepperoni (BH) + 10g almonds

image.thumb.png.4180e3141f08ea21b5ccb14fd42a9c0c.png

170.2 this morning. I will be back in my window sometime this week.

Breakfast 8oz Premier Protein shake

lunch 4oz cheeseburger, 1/2 bun, 2 Tbl baked Beans, 4 chips

dinner 2oz pork tenderloin with mushroom and onion, 1/3 cup mashed potato

snack was a no no. I have a weakness for cupcakes and had 1 left from the cupcake shop down the street. Sigh

9 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

So ms.sss I see you quit smoking and wondering if you had to quit before surgery? If so when did you start back up? I have went back and forth with smoking for almost 2 years now.

Actually, I quit waaaaaay back in 2010 (I was an almost a pack a day smoker for about 13-14 years at that point).

I hadn't smoked a single cigarette since then until last month, when I accepted a cigarette for no other reason than thinking "Why Not?". Big Mistake. I was back to smoking a pack a day until 6 days ago when I made the decision to quit again (to be honest, I was also smoke-shamed by my daughter, which was a very effective motivator for me).

Though I find I am having internal arguments with myself about what harm there in just having one, so I'm thinking I'm not in the clear yet. Besides, I don't think I'd EVER be able to just have one!

Yesterday, Tues, Nov. 5
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.4 lbs

...went out for both lunch (with the BFF) AND dinner (with the Kid) yesterday, and my food log reflects basically what's on the NO LIST on GreenTealeal's November Challenge this month (which I joined, btw, lol).

9:00am - coffee with Stevia

2:00pm - 12 pieces chicken Karaage (basically Japanese chicken nuggets) + 1/2 a steamed egg + pickled cabbage + 1/2 a Korean meatball (like a formed Spam-like meatball) + 1/2 cup udon broth + 2 bites egg pudding (like a creme brulee with Syrup instead of candied sugar) + 1 pot fruit tea.

4:30pm - 3 oz almonds

7:00pm - 2 hot honey chicken wings + 3 roasted garlic and red pepper chicken wings + 3 carrot sticks with blue cheese dip + 1 scoop of Baskin Robbins Pistachio Almond Ice Cream in a Sugar Cone

11:00pm - 3 oz almonds

Totals: 1954 cals - 110g Protein - 109g NET carbs - 117g fat

3 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Yesterday, Tues, Nov. 5
Maintenance : 5'2" / 1yr PO Sleeve / 114.4 lbs

...went out for both lunch (with the BFF) AND dinner (with the Kid) yesterday, and my food log reflects basically what's on the NO LIST on GreenTealeal's November Challenge this month (which I joined, btw, lol).

9:00am - coffee with Stevia

2:00pm - 12 pieces chicken Karaage (basically Japanese chicken nuggets) + 1/2 a steamed egg + pickled cabbage + 1/2 a Korean meatball (like a formed Spam-like meatball) + 1/2 cup udon broth + 2 bites egg pudding (like a creme brulee with Syrup instead of candied sugar) + 1 pot fruit tea.

4:30pm - 3 oz almonds

7:00pm - 2 hot honey chicken wings + 3 roasted garlic and red pepper chicken wings + 3 carrot sticks with blue cheese dip + 1 scoop of Baskin Robbins Pistachio Almond Ice Cream in a Sugar Cone

11:00pm - 3 oz almonds

Totals: 1954 cals - 110g Protein - 109g NET carbs - 117g fat

Dayum. Did you dump?

Ok, I think I know the answer to this...but your meals seem "normal sized". Does it take you a while to eat them? Or do you eat them all at one sitting? Just wondering cuz you know, mine are on the larger end of bariatric size close to normal size. I could eat normal if I let myself. And I can do it all at one sitting. So I guess I'm just looking for affirmation through comfort in numbers lol, for how much volume I can eat at a sitting! :D

TIA!

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Dayum. Did you dump?

Ok, I think I know the answer to this...but your meals seem "normal sized". Does it take you a while to eat them? Or do you eat them all at one sitting? Just wondering cuz you know, mine are on the larger end of bariatric size close to normal size. I could eat normal if I let myself. And I can do it all at one sitting. So I guess I'm just looking for affirmation through comfort in numbers lol, for how much volume I can eat at a sitting! :D

TIA!

I had dumping sensations. -ish. I was tired, and mildly icky feeling after the lunch dessert tasting for about 15-20 minutes on the car ride home (it was only a couple bites, but the Syrup on that thing was pure sugar). After the dinner ice cream dessert, I laid on the couch for about 45 minutes feeling reeeeeeeeally tired and had a nice (read: NOT nice) watery poop. The poop was likely more a result of the entire day's intake vs. just the ice cream.

I can eat quite a bit more than a few months ago, that's for sure. Though it does still take me a relatively long time. Lunch was a 3.5 hour affair of eating (read: picking at food) and gabbing with BFF (it was supposed to be a brunch but ended up being brunch + lunch + afternoon snack). I ate the 5 chicken wings and carrots over about 1 hour during dinner with the Kid. The ice cream I ate while we went for a stroll and on the car ride home...about 20 mins or so?

Aside: Now that I think of it, maybe I ate 2.5 chicken wings? When counting chicken wings, do you count by piece or by actual chicken-wing equivalent (1 section = 1 wing OR 2 sections = 1 wing???)

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

I had dumping sensations. -ish. I was tired, and mildly icky feeling after the lunch dessert tasting for about 15-20 minutes on the car ride home (it was only a couple bites, but the Syrup on that thing was pure sugar). After the dinner ice cream dessert, I laid on the couch for about 45 minutes feeling reeeeeeeeally tired and had a nice (read: NOT nice) watery poop. The poop was likely more a result of the entire day's intake vs. just the ice cream.

I can eat quite a bit more than a few months ago, that's for sure. Though it does still take me a relatively long time. lunch was a 3.5 hour affair of eating (read: picking at food) and gabbing with BFF (it was supposed to be a brunch but ended up being brunch + lunch + afternoon snack). I ate the 5 chicken wings and carrots over about 1 hour during dinner with the Kid. The ice cream I ate while we went for a stroll and on the car ride home...about 20 mins or so?

Aside: Now that I think of it, maybe I ate 2.5 chicken wings? When counting chicken wings, do you count by piece or by actual chicken-wing equivalent (1 section = 1 wing OR 2 sections = 1 wing???)

I had dumping sensations. -ish.

I was thinking more about the honey chicken wings. I adore BWW Asian Wings but if I eat 2, then 2 hours later I'm fetal on the bathroom floor. :( I do kinda miss them--a LOT!

Though it does still take me a relatively long time.

See that's what I thought. I figured you ate over an extended period. I can eat a lot in a 30-45 minute window.

When counting chicken wings, do you count by piece or by actual chicken-wing equivalent

I count them per piece of wing (drummette + flat = 2 pieces). I just use Buffalo Wild Wings in MFP and do them nekkidy then add the sauce quantity. Cuz I get sauce on the side any more and get the wings traditional, extra crispy.

39 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I had dumping sensations. -ish.

I was thinking more about the honey chicken wings. I adore BWW Asian Wings but if I eat 2, then 2 hours later I'm fetal on the bathroom floor. :( I do kinda miss them--a LOT!

Though it does still take me a relatively long time.

See that's what I thought. I figured you ate over an extended period. I can eat a lot in a 30-45 minute window.

When counting chicken wings, do you count by piece or by actual chicken-wing equivalent

I count them per piece of wing (drummette + flat = 2 pieces). I just use Buffalo Wild Wings in MFP and do them nekkidy then add the sauce quantity. Cuz I get sauce on the side any more and get the wings traditional, extra crispy.

Sleevers don't dump like bypass. At least that is what we were told in the beginning of the journey. I do sometimes on coffee in the morning but that is about it.

As far as volume I was told and do believe sleevers hold less food because we still have the pyloric valve and bypassers the stoma which doesn't close. Is this not true ?

I can eat a normal sized Protein portion 3 to 4 oz depending on what it is, but only a few bites of anything else and if I do make a normal sized plate with the other stuff I have to wait a few hours to finish a meal. I am thankful for the restriction I have at 27 months out. My problem was snacking last weekend with family. Not much restriction when I eat foods I should not be eating.

Just now, Tracyringo said:

Sleevers don't dump like bypass. At least that is what we were told in the beginning of the journey.

Yeah, I'd heard that too, but so many VSGers here have issues with RH and dumping. So was just curious. I know @ms.sss had shared that she does have issues with dumping. So was wondering if the honey wings had beaten her down yesterday. :) (Sorry to hear that about coffee for you! That's got to suck!) Is your dumping just diarhea or do you get the full-on sweats, shakes, feeling like you're gonna hurl, and have heart speed up, feeling like your gonna die?

I'm wondering about the same thing with the stoma v. the valve. But I think the valve still empties your stomach faster than normal per Dr. Matthew Weiner?

I can eat 3-4oz of Protein (dry dense) and around 3-4oz of veggies (when 2 of those ounces are slider veggies like avocado and tomato=total sliders for me). I will eat 1-2oz of a dense al dente veggie like broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc. I eat this in about a 20-45 minute window. I'm satisfied, but not overly full. And I rarely use meat lube, sauces, or casseroles that make food more sliderish.

All snacktastic stuff is a slider for me. I could eat a whole box of cheezits. :( Or a whole can of Pringles if I wanted...

I get really hot and sweats but it doesn't do it every time, its weird. I am guessing it is because its the first thing to hit my stomach in the morning and I use vanilla Creamer.

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

The hot honey wings I don't think had any effect. They were more hot than honey, anyway. There was probably more sugar in the tiny taste of Syrup I had on the creme brulee.

Good idea with the naked wings and the sauce on the side thing though! I prefer dry rub wings over the saucy ones anyway. Blue cheese dip on the other hand...

Edited by ms.sss

8 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

The hot honey wings I don't think had any effect. They were more hot than honey, anyway. The was probably more sugar in the tiny taste of Syrup I had on the creme brulee.

Good idea with the naked wings and the sauce on the side thing though! I prefer dry rub wings over the saucy ones anyway. Blue cheese dip on the other hand...

Oh man...must have blue cheese dip! So the dry rub wings are good? Which flavor do you get? I've been tempted to order those but am scared of hidden sugar in the rubs...

Ahhh the Syrup. I just figured that 2 bites might not make a huge impact! :( Booo! ((hugs))

Good to know on the honey wings!