Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Menus for Maintenance

Yesterday, Sat, Oct. 19
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 115.0 lbs

Made a roasted leg of lamb yesterday and now we are going to be eating it for the next couple days for sure. It's delicious, so fine by me :) Went to town with the lamb AND some chicken at lunch and was STUFFED. I was surprised with how much I was able to get in. Though by end of day I didn't even make 1000 cals, which was also surprising.

9:00am - peppermint tea with Stevia

12:45pm - salad greens & vinaigrette + carrots + 3 oz grilled chicken + 3.5 oz roast lamb

2:30pm - coffee with Stevia

7:00pm - salad greens & vinaigrette + carrots + 1.7 oz roast lamb

9:00pm - 1oz almonds + half cup of Protein ice cream

Totals: 955 cals - 86g Protein - 27g NET carbs - 58g fat

Edited by ms.sss

Yesterday, Sun, Oct. 20
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 114.7 lbs

10:00am - chicken broth

12:00pm - salad greens & vinaigrette + carrots + 3.5 oz grilled chicken + 4 oz roast lamb

4:14pm - salad greens & vinaigrette + carrots + 1 can smoked oysters + seafood sauce

8:00pm - tea with Stevia + 1 slice of fudge brownie cheesecake + 1oz shot of Amaretto

11:30pm - chicken broth + 10 almonds + 3.2 oz roast lamb

Totals: 1323 cals - 81g Protein - 69g NET carbs - 71g fat

Yesterday, Mon, Oct. 21
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 114.5 lbs

...so i guess I had me a wine-and-vinaigrette funeral yesterday. I am going to cut down on these two faves of mine for a couple weeks to see if it helps me wean off my PPI. Not sure if I will be able to totally cut out the vinaigrette though...my poor salads will be NAKED.

7:00am - coffee with Stevia

12:30pm - salad greens & vinaigrette + carrots + cucumber + pumpkin seeds + 3.5 oz steak + 1 french macaron

3:00pm - coffee with Stevia + 1 fl oz sake

7:00pm - salad greens & vinaigrette + pumpkin seeds + 5 Parmesan crisps + 4 oz steak with gravy + asparagus + 5 raw oysters with horseradish + 1 french macaron

10:30pm - 1.5 glasses of red wine + 4 squares dark chocolate + beef jerky

Totals: 1953 cals - 102g Protein - 70g NET carbs - 106g fat

Yesterday, Tues, Oct. 22
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 113.7 lbs

...today was an OFF day from my PPI (I am currently doing 2 days on, 1 day off as a wean-off strategy). And it looks like spicy stuff needs to get off my menu for a while as well. The stomach was NOT pleased after the 7pm meal.

8:00am - coffee with Stevia

12:30pm - salad greens + olive oil + carrots + half an avocado + 1 snack size can of lemon pepper tuna

3:00pm - half an avocado + 1 poached egg + 1 strip of bacon + 1 snack size can of spicy thai tuna

7:00pm - 1 cup of coconut curry chicken + 1 Pure Protein protein bar

9:30pm - salad greens + pumpkin seeds + 3oz grilled chicken

Totals: 1634 cals - 130g Protein - 138g NET carbs - 74g fat

Yesterday, Wed, Oct. 23
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 113.0 lbs

...soooo it looks like my lack of success in reaching the 2000 daily cal mark lately is starting to show on the scale. Yesterday's intake was a paltry 1200-ish due to various distractions and this annoying cold I'm nursing. Going to make a concentrated effort to up cals and sustain a higher daily cal average starting today. In any case, here is what I ate yesterday:

10:00am - coffee with Stevia

12:00pm - 5oz grilled chicken + 1 avocado + carrots + Tzatziki

3:00pm - leftovers of my 12pm meal + coffee with Stevia

5:00pm - beef Jerky + almonds + pumpkin seeds

9:10pm - 2 tbsp Protein ice cream + 2 tbsp peanut butter

Totals: 1210 cals - 86g Protein - 39g NET carbs - 73g fat

Yesterday, Thu, Oct. 24
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 112.5 lbs

...allllllmooooost hit 2000 cals yesterday. Close enough, I say. I have to admit I did not enjoy eating yesterday as I'm still sick and food was like meh. On the bright side, I got to go the the bathroom as I was going on 3 days poop-less.

9:10am - coffee with Stevia

1:30pm - 9 pieces various sashimi (fish) with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger + 1/4 a side Japanese salad w/ mango dressing + 3 pieces beef sashimi w/ dipping sauce + 1/4 cup red bean ice cream

3:30pm - Tea with Stevia + chicken broth + 6 Avocado chips + peanut butter

5:00pm - 1 costco Garlic chicken leg + Tzatziki + chili oil

9:15pm - 1 Costco Garlic chicken leg + Tzatziki + chili oil + beef Jerky + coffee with Stevia

11:00pm - 3.5 oz chicharron

Totals: 1929 cals - 175g Protein - 41g NET carbs - 138g fat

Breakfast egg, cheese, and sausage biscuit. (Great value brand) 350 calories

lunch small salad and a tuna packet 300 calories

dinner 1 slice of pizza 360 calories

snack 1 4 triscuits

Snack 2 strawberry greek yogurt

Breakfast 1 egg and 4 slices of bacon

lunch 1/2 slice of leftover pizza

dinner 1 oz chicken breast and 3 bites of mashed potato

snack 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and 1 1/2 slice of bacon on top

snack Peanut Butter crackers

This was yesterday . Looking at this I didn't do very well on my Protein and had too many carbs. 😢 So today I plan on doing better. I had 2 lite beers and a shot of whiskey also. Weighed in at 167.8 this morning so I am okay as far as my weight goes.

I know I am not eating the best foods nutritionally but feel like I have to get in some easy to eat carbs to get the calories i need in. I was bouncing around with a 1-2 pound loss the past month but according to the scale this am dropped another pound.

8am-- premier shake with .5 c milk (1%)

9am- Bevita breakfast crackers (carbs and has Vitamins, Fiber etc)

11am - egg with olive oil, 1c spinach, and slice of cheese of 1/4c shredded cheese

1pm- yogurt sometimes with a sprinkle of granola or a few berries or 1/3 c granola Cereal with 1/4 c milk

now I start pushing fluids since I often feel no desire to eat because it felt like work to get all of the above in

3pm --12-16 oz milk

4:30- RX bar or some triscuits or another yogurt if I feel too full to eat/chew

5:30- 2oz meat and 1/3 c veggies and literally a tablespoon of the carb side my family eats so 1-2 french fries or a tablespoon of noodles etc- again I feel like this is work to sit down and get all of this in

7:30-- 12 oz milk

9:30-- this is not good but I am usually low on calories and carbs so 2 sheets of graham crackers sometimes 6 triscuits with 2T of hummus, maybe a tablespoon of Peanut Butter

10-11pm- pumpkin seeds (150 calories), maybe a 1/3 c of berries

Total ends up around 1400 calories, aiming for and usually getting close to my goal 40% carb, 30% Protein (around 90-100g) 30%fat

Things i am not happy with- feeling the need to graze all day, eating triscuits and graham crackers vs a healthier carb, having to feel like I am forcing myself to eat a tablespoon of peanut butter or other foods at night when i see I need extra calories, fat or carbs etc.

My focus has been on trying to slow down weight loss. I feel way too bony and went to see a PS re an arm lift this week (for spring surgery) and he mentioned I don't have a lot of fat left on me.

I think I need to find some healthier foods that are pre-made and easy to grab and have a small serving. I am not going to cook something just to get a few bites of it.

22 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Breakfast egg, cheese, and sausage biscuit. (Great value brand) 350 calories

lunch small salad and a tuna packet 300 calories

dinner 1 slice of pizza 360 calories

snack 1 4 triscuits

snack 2 strawberry greek yogurt

@Tracyringo: do you find that you are maintaining on this intake or still losing?

6 hours ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I think I need to find some healthier foods that are pre-made and easy to grab and have a small serving. I am not going to cook something just to get a few bites of it.

This is probably a good idea. Especially if you aren't down with preparing stuff. Do you like avocados? They are pretty high in calories and are a healthy fat. Plus I find that most people find them pretty slider-ish, so they may not make you feel so full/stuffed.

Yesterday, Fri, Oct. 25
Maintenance : 5'2" / F / 1yr PO / 111.8 lbs

...I got in a good amount of calories yesterday, but like @2Bsmaller18, I don't think they were of the healthiest kind. I ate about 1/2 of Mr's dessert last night (the most delicious lemon curd meringue layer cake e-vah) and I had a moderate bout of dumping. I got the sweats and felt faint for about 30 mins. Had to step outside the bar to get some air. I'd like to say it was worth it, but it wasn't :(

9:10am - coffee with Stevia

2:30pm - Sweet & Sour Pork + Sesame chicken + Mango + Seaweed salad + Steamed mussel + Tamago (rolled omelette) sashimi + Grilled Octopus + Fried Chicken Breast + Peking Duck w/ Hoisen Sauce + Green Beans + Chinese Broccoli + the insides of a mini cherry tart (didn't eat the pastry shell) + tofu pudding w/ simple Syrup.

6:00pm - 2 bites of grilled chicken w/ Tzatziki + beef Jerky + almonds + pumpkin seeds + 5 Avocado chips

8:30pm - 1 Charcuterie snack Pack (3oz various cheeses & 3oz various cured meats) + 2oz curried mixed nuts

11:00pm - 1/4 of a hamburger patty w/ mustard + 1/2 a Lemon Curd Meringue Layer Cake.

Totals: 2258 cals - 113g Protein - 102g NET carbs - 146g fat

Edited by ms.sss

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

@Tracyringo: do you find that you are maintaining on this intake or still losing?

I am maintaining. I fluctuate between 165 and 169, if I hit 169 I crack down. I don't track anymore, but doing this maintenance food chart daily will be good for me. I don't exercise because of lower back and neck issues. I do however do my physical therapy strengthening for my neck and back. I have settled on a higher weight then most, I am large framed so I am okay with it. This was my high school weight.

I am in awe of what you can eat as far as calories. Do you exercise a lot? or were you born with a great metabolism?

I find I dump on coffee in the morning, just a half cup makes me sweat and feel weird

Edited by Tracyringo

Today

Breakfast Jimmy Dean Honey butter biscuit roll up with sausage, egg , and cheese.

lunch Greens salad (1 cup) with 2 slices of bacon crumbled on top ( ranch dressing 1 tablespoon )

dinner Shrimp and scallops sautéed in butter and garlic with 1/3 cup of egg noodles

snack 1 Greek yogurt (Hyvee brand only 90 calories and 9 carbs)

Snack 2 Boom chicka pop 1 cup and a snack size almond joy

Well after adding this all up it isn't very good, so now I have to go drink a shake and do better tomorrow.

totals without shake were 841 calories 62 carbs 50 fat 37 Protein, ugh shake will make it 67 protein

Just goes to show I need to be doing this. I wont always do these tallies but I will check them and post from time to time. I also need to be drinking more Water.

Edited by Tracyringo

15 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

I am maintaining. I fluctuate between 165 and 169, if I hit 169 I crack down. I don't track anymore, but doing this maintenance food chart daily will be good for me. I don't exercise because of lower back and neck issues. I do however do my physical therapy strengthening for my neck and back. I have settled on a higher weight then most, I am large framed so I am okay with it. This was my high school weight.

I am in awe of what you can eat as far as calories. Do you exercise a lot? or were you born with a great metabolism? 

I find I dump on coffee in the morning, just a half cup makes me sweat and feel weird

It's so good that you have found the weight/level you are happy with. I think for most, trying to figure out what this weight/level is is a source of anxiety.

I'm not sure I was born with great metabolism (I mean, I did balloon up to 235 lbs!). I do however run 5km almost every morning and I do some sort of strength training on one body area/part or another for 15 mins every day (i should probably do more than 15 mins - so I can try to firm up my saggy butt - but I hate strength training and 15 minutes every day is what's sustainable for me for now, any more and I would probably start making excuses not to do it). You know, when I do arm exercises I do a majority of it sitting on the couch. Maybe your neck and back issues may allow this? I did notice that when I started doing the strength training regularly my calorie needs increased...