Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stricture, TPN, Wound Vac... what next?

Hi all, it's been a while I've been on here. So in the few months I started off losing slowly, and not without complications. For the past almost three weeks I've had a total of 4 procedures including major surgery for a tumor and complete oophorectomy. This leads me to my title: I was sent home with a PICC line and TPN due to a stricture that im scheduled on the 17th to have dilated for the 3rd time. I've started to eat/ drink again so im no longer taking that. it gave me diarrhea. So I had a cancer scare, turns it no cancer Thank God. But I had a very large tumor that was discovered two weeks prior and needed to be removed immediately,I did and now im dealing with a wound vac due to the incision having Fluid inside and not healing. this hurt immensely. All in all, I've lost weight rapidly since going thru this, I'm down to 213 from 249 surgery day. So progress has been made although im not eating af much or as healthy as I should, I'm eating what goes down at this point. I'm waiting to be able to get back on track and get rid of all these tubes and bags and continue on my journey. how are y'all doing?

Wow that’s a heap of bad stuff all in one go. Hopefully it’s all behind you now and you can move forward into a new healthy life

3 minutes ago, elcee said:

Wow that’s a heap of bad stuff all in one go. Hopefully it’s all behind you now and you can move forward into a new healthy life

I wish it was behind me, I'm still dealing with it all. it's only been 2 weeks. Wound vac is changed Monday, Wednesday and Friday's, which hurt extremely bad, and as I said PICC line will be removed on the 17th.

I can only say I understand. I’m dealing with a lot of issues right now, some related to my gastric bypass surgery some not. I’ve stricture that had two dilation and a lot of pain and nausea. I’ve Dysphasia. I am having a oophorectomy of my remaining ovary Monday along with other procedures depending what they find in regard to endometriosis. But I am losing weight thankfully, albeit slowly right now. I have many medical issues on my plate. Lifelong chronic illness.

I know It will be hard until then but at some point your wounds will heal and picc line removed and hopefully you can get back on track and eating better soon.

Good Morning, Sorry you are dealing with all of that. The oophorectomy is very painful but then again, I also had a large tumor. Hopefully, we both can heal from all the setbacks and get back to our continued journey. How far out are you? I'm 6 months.

In 2010 I had a hysterectomy with fibroid tumors removed. 2018 I had other procedures related to that and now this surgery Monday. Chronic illness makes the weight loss journey rough but also necessary. I think I am around 5 1/2 months out from surgery.

18 minutes ago, Darktowerdream said:

In 2010 I had a hysterectomy with fibroid tumors removed. 2018 I had other procedures related to that and now this surgery Monday. Chronic illness makes the weight loss journey rough but also necessary. I think I am around 5 1/2 months out from surgery.

I completely understand. It's rough. hugs to you and I'll pray that all goes well with your upcoming surgery.

Dang! You've been through it!! Hope you start feeling massively better, soon!!!

21 hours ago, bajankat said:

complications

@bajankat

you've gone through helll, and your NOT back yet. hopefully, gradually things

will start to go your way.

i am hugging you, trying to get rid of your pain🤗

take care, feel better soon

good luck

kathy

Thank you! You are absolutely correct. As we speak, I'm supposed to be going to the ER because they did my weekly maintenance on my PICC line today, and I'm getting atm spasms and pain. Im going to wait until tomorrow to go as im not having chest pains or shortness of breath, but I know that I need to go because It could've shifted according to the nurse. Keep sending those hugs, they are definitely welcome.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

more where they came from

kathy