Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Butt flap - Anyone have?

Hey ya'll,

So I'm definitely noticing changes in my body. One think I didn't expect... When standing up straight, there's a little roll under each side of my booty that is definitely not full of anything anymore. Anyone else have that? And exercises that can specifically help that besides squats? Thanks!

YES! I have it and I'm wondering how much worse it will get after my revision. I honestly haven't been doing anything to try to fill it out as of yet, so hopefully someone will have some great tips on exercises. I looked into beach body's Brazilian butt, but never ended up doing it. Youtube probably has some good workouts too.

2 hours ago, SorryNameTaken said:

YES! I have it and I'm wondering how much worse it will get after my revision. I honestly haven't been doing anything to try to fill it out as of yet, so hopefully someone will have some great tips on exercises. I looked into beach body's Brazilian butt, but never ended up doing it. Youtube probably has some good workouts too.

Yay it's not just me. There's a website and YouTube channel Blogilaties (sp?) and they have monthly plans, from beginner to more advanced and they have videos that go along with the workouts. I know they have some good butt workouts so I may try following one of their beginner plans. But besides that and squats I don't know.

10 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

stair climbing

Good idea! I do have stairs to my basement!

@SorryNameTaken Here's what I was talking about. This is their Butt Lift Challenge. Moves seem pretty beginner.

19 minutes ago, apiane said:

@SorryNameTaken Here's what I was talking about. This is their butt lift Challenge. Moves seem pretty beginner.

That doesn't look too bad at all! I could certainly manage those movements. I was just watching some of the Blogilates videos, which don't look too bad either, I may give some of them a try and see how I like them!

Yes! So not cute! Lol. Mine has lessened as my skin has caught up with my weight loss, but, in general, I'm assuming building the butt muscles is the best way to go. That's on my to-do list because I am officially buttless right now!

7 hours ago, apiane said:

Hey ya'll,

So I'm definitely noticing changes in my body. One think I didn't expect... When standing up straight, there's a little roll under each side of my booty that is definitely not full of anything anymore. Anyone else have that? And exercises that can specifically help that besides squats? Thanks!

Loose skin is an unknow factor with rapid weight loss. You won’t know if your booty may need plastics until you get to goal.

Weight lifting helps to fill in some of the lose skin. We started around the same BMI. My butt is small and yes, it has some ripples *laughing*

Exercise database glutes (click load more to get all of them)

https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/?muscleid=14

Undergarments & Plastic surgery as options

s-l300.jpg

images.jpg

buttock_lift_.jpg

Yes, I also have this butt flap and am finding good luck reducing it with exercise. I don't mind it terribly but I'm on a muscle building track and have noticed it getting less obvious. My darling daughter "brought it to my attention" this summer by pinching it and asking me what it was🤦‍♀️😄

A variety of squats will strengthen and tone the area but don't underestimate the power of focusing on the hamstrings as well. There are so many sites to get exercise ideas but I really like muscleandstrength.com because I'm a stickler for focusing on form!

I have noticed my butt is overall smaller & not as firm but I'm a male so it's okay and it's also early days for me anyway :)

I love Beachbody on Demand. You can do pretty much any kind of exercise you are looking for, from gentle stretches to hard-core cardio and specific section muscle toning. I intend to use it as my "home gym" both before and after surgery. After, of course, I can walk a lap around the real gym without keeling over. :)