Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Estimated to have surgery around December or January

I'm going to have surgery in January, I get my date in November.

16 hours ago, Marissa said:

Is anyone else locking at a dec/ Jan surgery date who wants to be friends and support each other.

I’m scheduled for Dec 23rd. Would love to keep in touch. I’m nervous but ready.

And what a Christmas and New Years you are going to have! @Cinde52 I wish you only the best of Everything- You are giving YOURSELF a wonderful GIFT- and you're investing in a more beautiful FUTURE and longer LIFE expectancy. Pretty much a WOW anyway that YOU look at it!😝👍

I am on schedule for December 30th. Getting nervous!

This is our new tribe...the nerves are real, but elder members like Frustr8, Greenteal and others have been super informative and helpful in the forums.

Me too! I should know my surgery date sometime between December 5-12. I am hoping for December surgery!

I’m scheduled December 11 excited and so thrilled it’s finally happening. It’s been a long time happening I started this journey in December of last year. Was going to a Bariatric center that my insurance company didn’t approve unknown to me. So I had to start over at a different one that they did approve thank goodness it only took them 3 months to approve me once I completed their requirements. So ready!!!!

I'm going under next week for RNY but good luck to everyone lucky enough to get surgery before the new year :D

Is anyone else locking at a dec/ Jan surgery date who wants to be friends and support each other.
My original surgery date was December 9th but I can't get an appointment for cardiology until November 26th so my surgery will be pushed back probably to the end of December or the beginning of January.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I requested mine be before end of year due to all out of pocket expenses have been meet! Kinda have an uneasy feeling I will be going into the next year! Date set again for Dec. 30th, but just have that feeling! Dietitian said they had a lot of unfilled surgery dates and they may call me for an early surgery but haven't gotten a call yet!

I hope it happens and that it IS before years end; I'm chasing another SURGERY, an Reverse Shoulder and if he can maybe realign my left rotator cuff in the process? Anyhoo I am missing almost totally any shoulder slickness in my glenohumeral joint, sleep with a pillow on that side so it doesn't hurt while i sleep but almost every morning it wakes me from what passes for solid sleep.
My original goal was to last until my 74th birthday, December 26th, still within the "Deductibles Paid " window, it is one of his 2 SURGICAL days, does his Tuesday and Thursday every week. Wanted to be wheeled into the O.R .SINGING " Happy birthday to ME", and I am ornery enough to just Do THAT- but I grow more miserable each day- Do I stay on my ORIGINAL MASTER PLAN , clench my teeth and try not to flinch with Each and Every Movement, or do I PLEAD for a Thansgiving one instead? He reminded ME there would be pain, well DUH I'm already living in Pain City, figuratively limping along, remember my Bari- buds he repaired my right R.C. as a bonus when he had my shoulder open removing the stabilizing hardware from my Humerus FX 9 years ago, had to be removed because when I lost my Pre-Bari weight down I lost internal fat in that arm so it was rocking and non- stable anymore.
My Golden Rule for SURGERY is:
When you fear SURGERY less than continuing to live as You Are- I may appear to have a touch of Masochism, truly I Do Not ENJOY Suffering, I just want my hinges and connections to hurt LESS- I am relegated to the Tylenol family since I was ulcerated and nearly perforated prior to my RNY- have a few Norco secreted but Oh My Good Golly it makes me impossibly constipated, I was crying , Tomkitten said PLEASE PLEASE take one Thursday night , I can't hardly stand seeing YOU cry- my Linzess didn't contradict enough, yesterday I strained so hard I must have popped an external hemorrhoid, was passing bright red blood- heard the term "Tearing Yourself a new A**hole" must have been what they referred to- Scary and oh so Painful, bounced out to ER because IT IS SCARY- LARRY and I was fearing for ME and My Future. Better this morning, found out from my testing my left side diverticular colon isn't enchanted with me either, the bleeding finally stopped so now I don't know what my next BM is going to entail- another reason to go to ER- my PCP is 7th Day Adventist, all this happened after he left his office at Friday noon- his short in-the - office Day. Like the song from the TV show HeeHaw, IF IT WEREN'T FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL- but today is Saturday and perhaps I'll have a more Peaceful Weekend.
Your Frustr8 a.k.a the Sorrowful Colon Person💦

10 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I hope it happens and that it IS before years end; I'm chasing another SURGERY, an Reverse Shoulder and if he can maybe realign my left rotator cuff in the process? Anyhoo I am missing almost totally any shoulder slickness in my glenohumeral joint, sleep with a pillow on that side so it doesn't hurt while i sleep but almost every morning it wakes me from what passes for solid sleep.
My original goal was to last until my 74th birthday, December 26th, still within the "Deductibles Paid " window, it is one of his 2 SURGICAL days, does his Tuesday and Thursday every week. Wanted to be wheeled into the O.R .SINGING " Happy birthday to ME", and I am ornery enough to just Do THAT- but I grow more miserable each day- Do I stay on my ORIGINAL MASTER PLAN , clench my teeth and try not to flinch with Each and Every Movement, or do I PLEAD for a Thansgiving one instead? He reminded ME there would be pain, well DUH I'm already living in Pain City, figuratively limping along, remember my Bari- buds he repaired my right R.C. as a bonus when he had my shoulder open removing the stabilizing hardware from my Humerus FX 9 years ago, had to be removed because when I lost my Pre-Bari weight down I lost internal fat in that arm so it was rocking and non- stable anymore.
My Golden Rule for SURGERY is:
When you fear SURGERY less than continuing to live as You Are- I may appear to have a touch of Masochism, truly I Do Not ENJOY Suffering, I just want my hinges and connections to hurt LESS- I am relegated to the Tylenol family since I was ulcerated and nearly perforated prior to my RNY- have a few Norco secreted but Oh My Good Golly it makes me impossibly constipated, I was crying , Tomkitten said PLEASE PLEASE take one Thursday night , I can't hardly stand seeing YOU cry- my Linzess didn't contradict enough, yesterday I strained so hard I must have popped an external hemorrhoid, was passing bright red blood- heard the term "Tearing Yourself a new A**hole" must have been what they referred to- Scary and oh so Painful, bounced out to ER because IT IS SCARY- LARRY and I was fearing for ME and My Future. Better this morning, found out from my testing my left side diverticular colon isn't enchanted with me either, the bleeding finally stopped so now I don't know what my next BM is going to entail- another reason to go to ER- my PCP is 7th Day Adventist, all this happened after he left his office at Friday noon- his short in-the - office Day. Like the song from the TV show HeeHaw, IF IT WEREN'T FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL- but today is Saturday and perhaps I'll have a more Peaceful Weekend.
Your Frustr8 a.k.a the Sorrowful Colon Person💦

Omgoodness, you have had a time, yes I too have had the rotator cuff surgery last year and no sooner than I healed the other shoulder went out, MRI showed partial tear on it rather than a complete one like the other one! I too take Linzess and it helps. I too sleep with a pillow under one arm. So my friend for pain is Aleve so I am wishing you the best and guess what? We got this!

I'm expecting to be scheduled sometime in January. I have my last appointment with my NUT next week and my endoscopy appointment 12/12. After that I'm done and can submit everything for approval 🙂. I'd love to be supported and support others as well!