Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone just signed up. Lol. Well im just had my 1 year anniversary of my surgery and im feeling amazing!. Anyways has anybody experienced bad odor armpits? My life before surgery i never experienced bad odors. After going back to work from my surgery I would notice quick odor after sweating . I have used all type of deodorant brands and nothing. I work outside all day and im from Houston Texas and weather here is awful humid even in winter. Lol. Its embarrassing because after a long day at work sweating all day its just not pretty. Just wanted to ask anyone if there going through the same

4 hours ago, Moerios said:

long day at work sweating all day its just not pretty

@Moerios

Hi Tex

welcome to our "little" group - we get "smaller" by the day

one yr surgiversary - congrats - don't know if that puts you at GOAL?

wherever you are - lookin' and doing great!!!😉

sorry/glad i can't relate to your "smell" problem!

working hard/heat/sun - no one should be offended if you don't

smell like roses!! take a cold, comforting shower when you get

home, problem solved - you'll smell sweet as a daisy.

keep up the good work

kathy

Odor aside, how is your level of sweating now relative to a year ago - it would normally be much less owing to having that much less body to cool. For me now, sweating is a non-issue and I haven't needed deodorants in years, unlike during the time of being a fattie (but I don't work outside in Houston - So Cal is a "dry" heat, usually.)

How far along are you, weight-wise - goal, still getting there, etc? More to the point, what is your diet like? What I am thinking is the possibility of this being part of ketosis - many site the bad breath problem, but bad and odd BO can also be part of it. We all tend to be low carbohydrate to some extent while losing just because we aren't eating much beyond Protein, but some take it to extremes and that can lead to problems.

Perhaps changing up your diet some, without increasing calories if you are still in a losing mode, can help - more fruits and veg (I know, it TX, that's what food eats...) or some oatmeal can make a difference.

Good luck...

I did lil bit of research and I believe it is ketosis. I sweat to the point wer all ma clothes is half wet. I thought it was just me being big but even after i lost so many lbs i still sweat alot. Ma goal was 250 since i hav never been that weight since high school but im down 240 n now I believe that i hav no goal therefore im losing more lbs wich i don mind at all. I weighed in 394 before surgery I weighed ma self 2 weeks ago n i was 246. I got a new job 3 weeks ago and it’s intense walkin all day in this Virgin Islands wearther. Ma last job i didnt walk at all i would do it on ma own time so im guessing and i feel that I weigh must less than wen i got here. It sucks cuz its hard to grab a scale around here. Lol. KMart is the only option here so ill might pick one up to keep track. Bad breath not a problem. Everything is going good except that. I mean i did kinda changed my diet a lil maybe tha can be the issue. I read an article that by rubbing a lemon 2 twice a day can help eliminate the problem. So last night i headed to Kmart and guess what. They don’t even have a produce section. Lol