Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Females over 40, how "fast' did you lose with RNY?

Hiiiii! Just post op from October 1st. I know this is a marathon, not a sprint but would like to hear any stories of women over 40 and their experience with the rate of loss following bypass/RNY.n I feel it will help motivate me. Thank you very much

There's many factors like your starting weight. Medical issues. How strict you are. Your BMI

14 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

There's many factors like your starting weight. Medical issues. How strict you are. Your BMI

@Mikeyy No offense but I'm asking females only and I specified that in the title. I obviously understand about starting weight, BMI, etc. I was looking for motivation. I don't want to hear how men lose 100 lbs in two months, okay..thanks........

7 hours ago, Panda333 said:

Hiiiii! Just post op from October 1st. I know this is a marathon, not a sprint but would like to hear any stories of women over 40 and their experience with the rate of loss following bypass/RNY.n I feel it will help motivate me. Thank you very much

Well I'm 49 and I had GB March 23 2019 starting weight 274 now Im at 193 so it's coming off slow but steady, but I'm not exercising like I should either. All in all I'm happy with my loss and I'm still losing every week.

I'm 43 female. I started in February 2019 at 311 lbs. RNY on July 3, 2019 at 281 lbs. Currently, I'm down to 215 😊

I exercise every day and I'm pretty good watching my calories, Protein, and carbs, and Water.

I'm 43 female. I started in February 2019 at 311 lbs. RNY on July 3, 2019 at 281 lbs. Currently, I'm down to 215 [emoji4]
I exercise every day and I'm pretty good watching my calories, Protein, and carbs, and Water.

Wow!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi- :) Congrats on getting through the surgery!

I am 48 - I had my RNY on June 3rd of this year. My stats are listed on the left and on my tickers below showing my own journey, so far.

It won't be long and you will find your own progress becoming the greatest motivation of all. 💙

Good luck!!!

Hi, there! I'm 57 and had my RNY on March 27, 2019. I am 5' 3.5" and started at about 230 or so. High weight was 246. I'm now 158. I recently increased my calories and the weight loss accelerated. Go figure! I was eating no more than 800 calories for months. I know you didn't ask about calories, but wanted to motivate you to eat more when you can. Congratulations on your surgery and best to you!!!

63 years old here. RNY Feb 2019. Reached goal between 6-7 months, with loss of 110 lbs. I am 5'6". I exercise a lot - walking/hiking, weights, stairs, legs, biking, swimming. Just completed a triathlon which was an amazing experience and unthinkable 8 months ago. My advice is to get a step tracker and start walking right away, even while in the hospital. I was up to 10,000 steps by day 7, and just kept adding little exercise routines along the way. A step tracker is very motivating and keeps one accountable. I log my exercise along with my food.

11 hours ago, Briswife15 said:

Hi, there! I'm 57 and had my RNY on March 27, 2019. I am 5' 3.5" and started at about 230 or so. High weight was 246. I'm now 158. I recently increased my calories and the weight loss accelerated. Go figure! I was eating no more than 800 calories for months. I know you didn't ask about calories, but wanted to motivate you to eat more when you can. Congratulations on your surgery and best to you!!!

Thank you for that insight. Do you think it's because of the calories or maybe you got more Protein in. That's counterintuititive eat more calories but can't argue with your terrific results!!

9 hours ago, AZhiker said:

63 years old here. RNY Feb 2019. Reached goal between 6-7 months, with loss of 110 lbs. I am 5'6". I exercise a lot - walking/hiking, weights, stairs, legs, biking, swimming. Just completed a triathlon which was an amazing experience and unthinkable 8 months ago. My advice is to get a step tracker and start walking right away, even while in the hospital. I was up to 10,000 steps by day 7, and just kept adding little exercise routines along the way. A step tracker is very motivating and keeps one accountable. I log my exercise along with my food.

Thank you. Step tracker ordered and on the way!! @AZhiker

Appreciate everyone's response. I love looking at tickers and stats but they don't show age or gender and at 48 I wanted to hear some folks in my age group. Thank you!!!!!

13 hours ago, Panda333 said:

Appreciate everyone's response. I love looking at tickers and stats but they don't show age or gender and at 48 I wanted to hear some folks in my age group. Thank you!!!!!

I hope my post didn't come across wrong- by pointing to my own ticker and stats, I mean?

I absolutely understand why you posted the question, and I sure didn't mean to imply in any way that you could get all your answers by just cruising through people's tickers instead. I am so sorry if it came across poorly!

Was just too tired/lazy last night to risk a coma induced by some boring re-type on my end... :)

6 hours ago, FluffySaysForkIt! said:

I hope my post didn't come across wrong- by pointing to my own ticker and stats, I mean?

I absolutely understand why you posted the question, and I sure didn't mean to imply in any way that you could get all your answers by just cruising through people's tickers instead. I am so sorry if it came across poorly!

Was just too tired/lazy last night to risk a coma induced by some boring re-type on my end... :)

No...you came across perfectly fine!!!! @FluffySaysForkIt!

Edited by Panda333

My weight loss tends to slow with periods of stall and then loss but it seems to average out ok. I have metabolic disorders, adult onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia, pcos, endometriosis and other medical conditions that effect my metabolism.

i am 44 my height is 5’ and my starting BMI was 40 (around 208lb) I had surgery April 29th 2019 and as of today my weight loss is about 62lbs according to my home scale.

Rate of loss depends on medical conditions, starting weight, and other factors. Because my metabolism barely functions and I have glucose intolerance my daily calories tends to be low and I don’t consume more than 50-60 grams of Protein per day since protein that isn’t utilized converts to glucose. I also cannot exercise due to chronic illness and disability.

My nutritionist thinks my rate of loss is going good. So I trust her judgement. I weigh myself daily and track my calories and protein daily as well to try to determine if a certain food is causing stall more than another. Or if I am meeting my needs. As well as to note any issues that come up with foods I’m eating our how I feel (symptoms) I don’t use a special app. I just have a notepad on my tablet.

Considering you just had your surgery only October 1st and lost 28lbs you are doing great.