Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there I'm just a little curious if people actually used chewables in the first weeks or months postop?

My dietitian has mentioned it as a good idea to use for the first month at least?

Also I've been told the most important Vitamins to take are calcium citrate and Vitamin D but also K2 may be good??

I know there are others like B12 but My surgeon said it can vary by person and on your post op blood work.

Currently my Vitamin levels are fine preop.

Would like first hand knowledge plz???

The BN chewables are so gross I managed to take them for 2 weeks and then switched to the BN capsules.

I am 10 months out and still do chewables. I can do capsules, but i like the chewables better.

I hired a nutritionist and did blood work - Due to the fact I am very active i needed to really load up on the Vitamins.

I choose to use the powders and add to my Protein Shakes - Get it all done in 8oz

I found the GNC 50+ has the most vitamins and supplements on the market - Once i complete the barrel I have will look for another powder - like alot of people here the chewables just were not right for me and stuck in my stomach -

I highly suggest you get them all balanced and sorted out - You would be amazed the change in blood work after just 30 days of not eating

Anything with Iron will taste gross. Jmo

I took the chewable for 2 weeks also, then switched to ProCare Vitamins. They kind of stink, but I chase it will my chewable probiotic.

I am and plan to for the 1st couple months. Then I am going to transition to small 3 times daily capsules until I can do the once a day large capsule. I already know I cant swallow any bigger pills... so that's why chewable work for now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am taking Flinstones Vitamins 2x a day, B12 once a day, and viactiv 2x a day...I was given these on a list of approved chewable vitamins that I could start.

I was on a chewable for the first month then switched to capsules. At the end of the first month they became too tart for me and it was a challenge to get them down. Now I'm on capsules and that's 3x a day! I might keep some chewables on hand just for busy days because it'll be easier. I use Celebrate Vitamins and the chewables actually taste really good, I was just having a hard time with them at the end of my first month.

6 minutes ago, ahillig said:

I was on a chewable for the first month then switched to capsules. At the end of the first month they became too tart for me and it was a challenge to get them down. Now I'm on capsules and that's 3x a day! I might keep some chewables on hand just for busy days because it'll be easier. I use Celebrate Vitamins and the chewables actually taste really good, I was just having a hard time with them at the end of my first month.

Hi what exactly are all the Vitamins you take now?

10 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Hi what exactly are all the Vitamins you take now?

I just take 1 capsule 3 times a day of the Celebrate Multi-Complete 45 with Iron, it has everything you need, minus Calcium. Because my diet is still largely based on dairy like cheese, yogurt, milk, etc I'm not on a calcium supplement yet but I'll probably start that soon as I'm starting to branch out from that now that I'm on soft foods.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, MsMocie said:

I just want something that doesn't taste like death.

Any pointers?

I am currently on the bariatric Vitamins they gave me at the hospital, fitform I think. They taste like rotting corpses. I seriously have to motivate myself every day to eat them because of the taste and the after taste. I usually chase them down with some food to avoid tasting it for too long. I tried opening the capsules and blend it in my food, just to find out at all the food and my entire house smelled like a bariatric Vitamin - had to do spring cleaning with chlorine to get the smell out the house😂

In my head chewables taste like candy, but my head says I'm wrong.

I've heard a few people say they are taking Vitamins that taste terrible and stink. Are you able to see if you can switch to Flinstones or Centrum? That has to be super hard to keep up the Vitamin regimen eating something like that!!

I use the Centrum fruity chewables but they’re more suckables than chewables. They taste lovely so they probably don’t give me enough stuff!
Before surgery, I used to take daily Turmeric with vit D, I’ve not found anyone who can tell me whether it’s alright to continue them. They come from The Golden Paste company

1 hour ago, MsMocie said:

I am currently trying to find something that fits these criterias

- Ships to Norway

- With Iron - I have a calsuim chewable in addition

- That covers all my basics after a MGB

- Something that I can order that I either can purchase a trial of, or that I can purchase a month supply with a decent price and without the shipping beeing 50+ USD.

I found lots of great vendors, but not everyone ships to Norway, and those who do usually take a large shipping fee. I worst I have seen is my order for 30 dollars with 250 USD in shipping😣

I would be grateful for all tips, because yes, it is a struggle to keep the Vitamin regime currently. I find myself skipping it og delaying to swallow it until I forget some days.

Can you maybe get them on Amazon? I have a friend in Luxembourg and I'm able to send him things from Amazon all the time. Not sure if that's an option for you. Good Luck! I know the Vitamins are a pain some days!!

On 10/18/2019 at 12:03 PM, Aly61 said:

I use the Centrum fruity chewables but they’re more suckables than chewables. They taste lovely so they probably don’t give me enough stuff!
Before surgery, I used to take daily Turmeric with vit D, I’ve not found anyone who can tell me whether it’s alright to continue them. They come from The Golden Paste company

For turmeric, this is something to check with your doctor about. However, forms that are hydro-soluble will absorb better.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, MsMocie said:

. They taste like rotting corpses.

I'm a little concerned about how you would know this...😊

My doctor said no gummy vitamins. I'm going to ask why next time I go. Gummy Calcium and gummy B12 is ok just not Multivitamins. Sounds strange to me...