Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

Hello everyone! Well I’m 16 days post op, I’m losing weight very rapidly. Most of the foods I can eat don’t settle well. I am eating eggs well though. I made deviled eggs, I can only eat one egg throughout the day, but it is good. Avocado is very good as well. Egg drop Soup is delicious. What is everyone else eating at these stages?

I'm still on thick liquids. The idea of a deviled egg sounds heavenly!! Can't wait to chew again!

I'm 11 days post OP and haven't had a BM yet. How long did it take everyone else? I don't feel constipated, but am wondering if I should take a laxative or something so I don't get too backed up???

@ChubRub I went 2 days post op, I would have died if I haven’t gone by now lol. I took Miralax though the first day home, haven’t needed it since the first few days though!

@eporter, yes it has been quiet! Today I pureed some collard greens and garlic butter rotisserie chicken dark meat and I was so in heaven!!!!!! 3 Tbsps but I am so satisfied and wanted to give you something to look forward to! Have a wonderful Sunday!

7 hours ago, ChubRub said:

I'm still on thick liquids. The idea of a deviled egg sounds heavenly!! Can't wait to chew again!

I'm 11 days post OP and haven't had a BM yet. How long did it take everyone else? I don't feel constipated, but am wondering if I should take a laxative or something so I don't get too backed up???

30 - 60 mg of Milk of Magnesia + 8 oz Water at or around bedtime and it may happen early morning. That worked for me last night. :)

@ChubRub hi. I'm po 6days. Mybprogram instructions stated if no BM by 7 days to call the office. I've been holding down FL, Jello, soft eggs etc. I took Miralax on day 2 and 3. The evening of day 4 it worked. Unfortunately it continued off and on to the next day and I had this vasovagal response that left me sweating like a pig, quesy and exhausted. That lasted the biggest part of the day with many trips to the bathroom. My advice start with a single dose and wait for it to work. Good luck!

9 hours ago, ChubRub said:

P.S I thought you were a sleeve. 11 days ! Contact the Surgeon office tomorrow .

14 hours ago, ChubRub said:

I took stool softeners. They were the Walmart brand si they were cheap and effective. I would def take something bc 11 days is a long time.

Edited by PlanetHopper

On 12/26/2019 at 10:33 AM, Quinnmedicinewoman52 said:

@cajunredpanda, hello, I am 16 days post op and today I tried the soft scrambled egg with pinch of low-fat cheese, went down well! Just waiting to have my Decaf coffee. I have like you gotten over the broth on its own and I am struggling to get my Protein in due to I am sick of them as well. I have been doing the Unjury Protein Drinks which I can tolerate the ready mix ones but to mix on my own, blahhhh! I am getting in 64 oz of Water in daily with no trouble trying to shoot for more, yesterday I had 2 Tbsp of pureed hashbrown casserole, today I am going to puree some ham and english peas and store in small containers to eat later. I am realling going to focus on getting in my protein. Again, I can pretty much tolerate the ready made Unjury Protein Shakes, I purchased some premier caramel ones and they are to overwhelming with the caramel taste, blahhhh LOLOL, so I purchased the Cookies and cream premier shakes and they too are overwhelming with the taste. I guess they are really just to sweet tasting! Good luck on your trial today and hope all goes well! Have a great day!

I ate a blend of fat free refried Beans, shredded cheese, reduced sodium taco seasoning, chicken broth, and unflavored protein. I ate 2 ounces and it went down just fine. I want to scramble an egg but haven’t gotten to it yet. I tried unsweetened applesauce on Saturday and it was much sweeter than it did pre op. Today I had Hormel turkey chili with shredded cheese; that’s my favorite thing so far. I’m actually not allowed Tomato anything until March and I missed tomatoes in the ingredient list somehow. Bummer. It’s been the easiest thing to go down since I started purées.

Also, funny you mention the RTD Unjury shakes. I had a couple in the fridge and tried them post op. The vanilla was still good, but the chocolate tasted bitter to me? Most of my shakes have had the Unjury chocolate classic as the base powder, to the point the tub is almost empty. I loved the Cookies and Cream Premier pre op but have yet to try it post op.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, JediMom said:

Wow you are doing great! I'm 11 days out and can't hit 64oz of fluids. I hit it only 2x. Otherwise I'm about 48-50oz. As far as protein, I can only get in about 20g and that's 1 Protein Drink which takes me a couple hours to finish. I have only been doing Water, or cucumber/lemon infused Water. I talked to the office today as a phone check in and she said to just keep trying on focusing on water first before protein. You are rocking it though!

Thank you! I haven’t really drank anything added to my water except for Decaf tea one time and a MIO electrolyte once. The one time I had infused water, it actually WAS cucumber and lemon! My clinic has a fruit infuser cooler in the lobby along with a regular one. When I visited for my 10 day follow up, that was the blend du jour.

Youll get more protein in over time. But yes, definitely get fluids in at least.

Poopgate continues! LOL!! I took some Miralax last night, but nothing yet. Will take some more tonight. Luckily I'm home all week, so will be able to run to the potty whenever things start moving again!

Since I'm still on thick liquids, I've been on a Soup kick. I usually have a sweet tooth, but between Protein Shakes and greek yogurt, I'm over sweets, and just want savory! French onion soup (no bread, no cheese) and Tomato Soup are my new best friends!

Edited by ChubRub

On 12/30/2019 at 13:26, ChubRub said:

Poopgate continues! LOL!! I took some Miralax last night, but nothing yet. Will take some more tonight. Luckily I'm home all week, so will be able to run to the potty whenever things start moving again!

Since I'm still on thick liquids, I've been on a Soup kick. I usually have a sweet tooth, but between Protein Shakes and greek yogurt, I'm over sweets, and just want savory! French onion Soup (no bread, no cheese) and Tomato Soup are my new best friends!

Lol well fingers crossed 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Finally ordered some Isopure unflavored Protein Powder, it’ll be here tomorrow. Hope it truly has no taste because I just can’t with the Protein Shakes I’ve had thus far. Basically living off of those oikos triple zero Greek yogurts for my Protein lol.

I also got an order of the vitamin patches in the mail today, hopefully they work/I like them. My chewable Vitamin is DISGUSTING lol

16 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Since I'm still on thick liquids, I've been on a Soup kick. I usually have a sweet tooth, but between Protein Shakes and greek yogurt, I'm over sweets, and just want savory! French onion Soup (no bread, no cheese) and Tomato Soup are my new best friends!

Try a shot of MOM, it’s what finally got me opened up. Bad news, still barely go, MOM at least once a week. Every Wednesday. Welcome to the high Protein side.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:54 PM, eporter said:

It is pretty quiet in here! Hope that means everyone is doing good and feeling pretty “normal”!!

I’m feeling like time is dragging lol. I have another week of full liquids and the purees/soft foods for 3 weeks..that seems so long lol. I’ve been looking up recipes/meal ideas so I can be prepared to go back to work in a couple of weeks.

I do still need/enjoy 1 nap a day but I’m also not sleeping all throughout the night. I ended up with a cold and sore throat that keeps me these last few days.

Had 1 episode with nausea because I took my chewable Vitamin first thing in the morning on an empty stomach..thank God for Zofran. I ordered some Vitamin matches because my chewable is so gross. Hopefully I like the patches!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey @eporter!! I've been doing really good. I feel great, incisions are nicely healing. I started purees this week. That sucks that you still have to be on liquids. I thought I was going to die bc I just couldn't handle anymore liquids. I'm struggling to get in my 64oz of liquids. With the Protein Shakes I can hit my 60g. I do 4oz of french vanilla Premier Protein, 2 oz of fairlife skim milk, 1/2 scoop Peanut Butter powder and 1/2 scoop of unflavored Protein and blend with ice. It tastes good and finally something not sweet! And that is 30g of protein right there in 6oz. The PB helps cut the sweetness which I'm so thankful for.

I have the optisource chewables and I don't like them either. I try and space out the 4 tabs threw out the day and take like 3-4 bites of the tab to finish it. That has helped because the first time i put the whole thing in my mouth to chew and that was so gross!

I go back to work on Monday. I hope that will help me get back in a routine because at home I'm not doing much at all. We went to the zoo and the mall so got in lots of steps there and did good. When I bend over to pick up stuff is still uncomfortable. Have a Happy New Year everyone!!!