Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

On 12/19/2019 at 21:59, JB1 said:

@ChubRub @eporter @JediMom

WOW!, just Wow! Y'all are doing amazing. Going out and such, you make it look so much easier than any surgery I've had previously. I'm very happy that you are doing so well, so soon. I sure hope my surgery and postop goes as well as yours.🙏🏻🤞

Thank you! Tomorrow will be my first time out of the house so I’m a little nervous but I think I can handle it 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽. I’ll let you know lol. You’ll do great, I’m sure! It’s mind over matter and knowing your limits for sure.

1 minute ago, eporter said:

My post op visit is next Friday so we’ll see! I’m only 3 days post op so I haven’t tried lifting anything heavy but my 2 year old is 30lbs and always wants me to hold him. I sit on the couch and have my 9 year old put him on the couch with me so I don’t have to pick him up lol. My daughter has a drs appt and I need to go to the grocery store so im a little nervous! If I’m worn out from the drs appt I’ll just wait on hubs to get off work and have him stop at the store. The clinic nurse called this morning and told me Miralax was okay so I was happy lol. I’m glad you’re doing well!!

Absolutely, I had my daughte putting things into the buggy for me when I went out and she loaded the car and unloaded it. Yes, that is very smart to have your daughter put your son in your lap! When doing laundry I have my daughter load and unload the washer and dryer especially if it is wet blue jeans or heavy towels. You sound as if you are doing amazing! Good luck to you and Merry Christmas! Keep up the good work!

On 12/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, kesselrunnerup12 said:

(18DEC) Guess I was pre-op up to this morning! Now I'm offically post-op!

Sent from my SM-T817T using BariatricPal mobile app

@kesselrunnerup12

Congratulations! I hope you are feeling good and holding Water down. Feel free to post as you progress. We love success stories.

Well, surgery twins and December friends..... here’s my story thus far. On Monday, December 16, I had RNY bypass surgery along with a hiatal hernia repair and removal of a small suspicious abdominal mass.

3 years ago, I had a large abdominal mass that turned out to be a borderline malignancy. My oncologist had been watching this new spot for a little over a year and when I told her that I was going for bariatric surgery, she said that she would come in at the same time and remove it.

I woke up from surgery in relatively little pain, the deed being done and the procedures routine. My problems came the day after surgery, when I attempted to take in any liquids. Any liquid going down, would cause my new little pouch and digestive system to go into painful spasms. My surgeon decided to keep me hospitalized for an additional day to see if they could convince by body to tolerate liquids and keep me hydrated with IV fluids. Baclofan was administered to help with the spasms. Additionally, my blood sugar weirdly went up and I was administered 2 doses of insulin. Never before had blood sugar issues and no family history of diabetes. The first day after surgery, I finally tolerated 1 oz of broth, 1 oz of diluted juice, and 1 oz of Water.< /span>

The second day after surgery, Wednesday, I was feeling much better, could sip without pain, and was cleared for discharge. That night, in my own bed, I slept an unheard of for me 10 hours. Sips of liquids went down with ease, though I could immediately tell if I sipped too much due to an uncomfortable pressure. It seems that herbal mint tea is agreeing well. I also had sugar free Jello, broth, and some clear Protein Drink.< /span>

I have had 4 previous abdominal surgeries, 1 open, 3 laparoscopic and this is, by far, the least painful. I have not needed any of the prescribed narcotic pain relievers sent home with me. Had to go back to the hospital yesterday for a blood test. There is history of DVT blood clots, so I have to be on injectable blood thinners for 3 weeks. The blood test was to check the therapeutic level of the medicine.

So, I don't have to return to work until January 6, so I’m going to enjoy my staycation and holidays.

Edited by Lydarose

1 hour ago, Lydarose said:

Well, surgery twins and December friends..... here’s my story thus far. On Monday, December 16, I had RNY bypass surgery along with a hiatal hernia repair and removal of a small suspicious abdominal mass.

3 years ago, I had a large abdominal mass that turned out to be a borderline malignancy. My oncologist had been watching this new spot for a little over a year and when I told her that I was going for bariatric surgery, she said that she would come in at the same time and remove it.

I woke up from surgery in relatively little pain, the deed being done and the procedures routine. My problems came the day after surgery, when I attempted to take in any liquids. Any liquid going down, would cause my new little pouch and digestive system to go into painful spasms. My surgeon decided to keep me hospitalized for an additional day to see if they could convince by body to tolerate liquids and keep me hydrated with IV fluids. Baclofan was administered to help with the spasms. Additionally, my blood sugar weirdly went up and I was administered 2 doses of insulin. Never before had blood sugar issues and no family history of diabetes. The first day after surgery, I finally tolerated 1 oz of broth, 1 oz of diluted juice, and 1 oz of Water.< /span>

The second day after surgery, Wednesday, I was feeling much better, could sip without pain, and was cleared for discharge. That night, in my own bed, I slept an unheard of for me 10 hours. Sips of liquids went down with ease, though I could immediately tell if I sipped too much due to an uncomfortable pressure. It seems that herbal mint tea is agreeing well. I also had sugar free Jello, broth, and some clear Protein Drink.< /span>

I have had 4 previous abdominal surgeries, 1 open, 3 laparoscopic and this is, by far, the least painful. I have not needed any of the prescribed narcotic pain relievers sent home with me. Had to go back to the hospital yesterday for a blood test. There is history of DVT blood clots, so I have to be on injectable blood thinners for 3 weeks. The blood test was to check the therapeutic level of the medicine.

So, I don't have to return to work until January 6, so I’m going to enjoy my staycation and holidays.

Sounds like you went through a lot in the hospital! I'm glad it ended on a happy note now that you are at home!

Y’all are killing it! I’m over here feeling like I got hit by a bus 😭 haha I’m trying to get this gas to move but it wants to stay put in my mid back . Probably the worse out of all it for me. I can’t wait to actually sleep in bed tonight with our 245am blood pull and then the constant vitals .... miss the morphine a bit though hahaha y’all are such bosses right now!!!!! Keep saying it ! I’m hobblin to catch up

I did it!! Sleeve is done! Pain and nausea are under control. Been on the floor 3 hours and have been up to the bathroom twice and done 5 laps around the unit, which seemed to surprise the surgical resident doing her night shift rounds. It’s been an interesting day to say the least. I am super grateful for my wonderful husband for being so supportive and helpful in my decision to have a healthier life. Now time to rest a while!!! Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers!!!

20 hours ago, eporter said:

My post op visit is next Friday so we’ll see! I’m only 3 days post op so I haven’t tried lifting anything heavy but my 2 year old is 30lbs and always wants me to hold him. I sit on the couch and have my 9 year old put him on the couch with me so I don’t have to pick him up lol. My daughter has a drs appt and I need to go to the grocery store so im a little nervous! If I’m worn out from the drs appt I’ll just wait on hubs to get off work and have him stop at the store. The clinic nurse called this morning and told me Miralax was okay so I was happy lol. I’m glad you’re doing well!!

I haven't had a bowel movement and will be doing Miralax tomorrow. My husband has to go into work and my daughter has ballet so I'll have to take her. She's 5 and is able to get in and out of her carseat by herself. I was told no lifting more than 20lbs for 6 weeks. I'm sure I'll be exhausted after her ballet class it's 1.5hrs long. I want to go out shopping once my husband gets home.

Fluids yesterday were not good for me and I felt it in the morning. Today I'm doing much better with my liquids. Hubby bought me some sugar free blueberry yogurt. I had 4 oz total today and mixed in some unflavored Protein Powder. I also had about 4oz of Decaf coffee mixed with a little french vanilla Premier Protein and a 1/2 tsp of sugar free pudding. That tasted so yummy and not sweet at all to me. Later tonight I plan on some cream of mushroom and will try and mix some of the Protein powder into it. I have this horrible gas bubble in the middle of my chest that won't go away. I've gone up and down my stairs a few times and walked in the house. I just took some gas-x to see if I can get rid of it. I'm belching and passing gas so at least some of it is coming out.

How was today for everyone else?

12 hours ago, Lydarose said:

I'm glad you are doing much better after surgery. I have had 2 previous laparoscopic surgeries and this one by far has been a much easier recovery pain wise and moving around and feeling good. I take 2 Tylenols in the morning and at bedtime as of yesterday. The stronger pain meds I do not need. I'm able to go up and down my stairs pretty well but slowly. I don't return to work until January 6th as well. Although I'll probably be well enough to return the week prior I am taking the extra week to make sure I fully heal and recover.

12 hours ago, Lydarose said:

Wow I’m so glad things turned around for you! I bet that was a bit scary with the spasms. Praying you continue to heal successfully and healthy.

57 minutes ago, CapyCapybara said:

Y’all are killing it! I’m over here feeling like I got hit by a bus 😭 haha I’m trying to get this gas to move but it wants to stay put in my mid back . Probably the worse out of all it for me. I can’t wait to actually sleep in bed tonight with our 245am blood pull and then the constant vitals .... miss the morphine a bit though hahaha y’all are such bosses right now!!!!! Keep saying it ! I’m hobblin to catch up

Lol well this one painful incision is killing my vibe! Hopefully the feeling subsides soon. Try a heating paid and I’ve been doing soft tummy rubs on myself lol clockwise..helped me get the gas moving. And of course trying to get up and walk around will help too. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

13 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Sounds like you went through a lot in the hospital! I'm glad it ended on a happy note now that you are at home!

Glad you made it thru all that! Your a trooper. Hope you continue to do well.

3 hours ago, fitnessRN19 said:

I did it!! Sleeve is done! Pain and nausea are under control. Been on the floor 3 hours and have been up to the bathroom twice and done 5 laps around the unit, which seemed to surprise the surgical resident doing her night shift rounds. It’s been an interesting day to say the least. I am super grateful for my wonderful husband for being so supportive and helpful in my decision to have a healthier life. Now time to rest a while!!! Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers!!!

@fitnessRN19 Congratulations, glad you are doing great! Best of luck when you get home. I hope I do as well Monday. Hearing of how well everyone is doing post op gives me hope that mine will be tolerable and I'll be able to return to work quickly.

15 hours ago, CheerfulLoser said:

Well, today's the day! It has been 13 months from the date of referral for this procedure, so I'm heartily ready to get it done.

Fingers crossed for a nice, boring day. And lots of pain medicine.

Best of luck! See ya on the other side.