Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

December 18 for the sleeve.

@Dreashall Mine is 12/10, 3 days from now! I guess I'm stressed about it because I am sleeping very poorly and wake up with headaches. Pre-op diet is going OK. Just want to get on with it. Best wishes for your procedure and new life. Jan

7 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

That and the 8 incision trocar ports cut into me :) lol

7 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

That and the 8 incision trocar ports cut into me :) lol

Only 5 here but they sure hurt. The gas pain was expected. Sucked on a gas x chewy thing that seemed to help. This morning I am down like 5 additional gas pounds, checked because there was a noticeable difference in size. The belly band feels good on. Had to shower, because I bent over and all hell broke lose.

Now just trying to get my fluids in, one sip at a time. W

I just had my sleeve done Monday. The incisions weren’t too bad but the gas pain was uncomfortable. Now I am wrestling sleep. Ever since I stopped using the Nausea meds and the pain meds I can’t sleep

Edited by Dieselguy

1 hour ago, Dieselguy said:

I just had my sleeve done Monday. The incisions weren’t too bad but the gas pain was uncomfortable. Now I am wrestling sleep. Ever since I stopped using the Nausea meds and the pain meds I can’t sleep

Hang in there. Hope things get better soon. lol

10 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

Day before my surgery during the pre admit after 1 1/2 hr with the RN going over EVERYTHING the finance guy pops in and says my insurance approvel statis is still pending and needed to cancel or fork over 40K. I ended up zipping over to the surgeon office and got a copy of the approval letter then back to the Hospital . Now sitting here in stomache pain ...

Wow. It’s so annoying. They already send me the bill 😩 but insurance will cover it all. It turn out that the doctor did the papers with me and I waited for the secretary to fax it and confirm it. I called the hospital to ensure the received it and also got a hard copy just in case. The hospital had to fax it 3 times to them. It’s just unprofessional. At least it was not canceled.

2 hours ago, JanLPhun said:

@Dreashall Mine is 12/10, 3 days from now! I guess I'm stressed about it because I am sleeping very poorly and wake up with headaches. Pre-op diet is going OK. Just want to get on with it. Best wishes for your procedure and new life. Jan

Same day for me. I worry more about the anesthesia than anything. I had surgery before but I’m a mom with a small child. So I worry about everything.

1 hour ago, Dieselguy said:

Speedy recovery.

8 hours ago, behnybaby said:

Only 5 here but they sure hurt. The gas pain was expected. Sucked on a gas x chewy thing that seemed to help. This morning I am down like 5 additional gas pounds, checked because there was a noticeable difference in size. The belly band feels good on. Had to shower, because I bent over and all hell broke lose. 

Now just trying to get my fluids in, one sip at a time. W

Had to shower, because I bent over and all hell broke lose. Lol :) After 4 days and 60 mg of MOM I was blessed with a healthy B M. LOL... TMI I know ,butt EXTREMELY IMPORTANT . I walk 15 min every 2 hrs during the day and take 15 ml liquid Vicodin every 6 hrs. This greatly helps me meet Fluid 64 oz , Protein 60 g , exercise requirements. Also hit the challenge spirometer a few times an hr. Best wishes .

I'm having a revision from a Lap-Band I had done ~13 years ago to gastric bypass on 12/09. Two week pre-op diet of 5 Protein Shakes, 2/fruitv& 2/veggies per day has been tolerable.

Nerves are starting to get to me...trying to stay occupied. Have to be at the hospital at 5 AM on Monday, bright and early.

16 hours ago, JanLPhun said:

@JanLPhun, we are surgery twins, same here, today I made a visit with my daughter I hadnt seen in quite a while due to her being incarcerated they had a party for the families and yes I ate, I have been on my liver shrinking diet 21 days just because I wanted to see how disciplined I could be but today yes I failed horribly but started right back once I got home! I thought of everything I wont be aloud to eat anymore and ate what they served which was chick fa la sandwich which I only ate the chicken no bread, no cookie, no chips and drank diet lipton green tea,they had also served us for Breakfast we had these sausage links wrapped with croissants I had 2 of those. I feel so guilty but made sure, I didnt go overboard! I am so ready for this new journey of not hurting, feeling socially unacceptable because of my weight and to just be healthier!

Only a couple more days til surgery, been on my liver reduction diet for 14 days now I started early, going well but I’m more aware of everyone’s conversations when they talk food and it annoys me so I tend to leave the room. Don’t know how my family is gonna be able to survive the next month, as I’m the cook in the house and these last 2 weeks have been a struggle for them as I’ve made easier meals and things I don’t really like but they do for them just to get out of the kitchen so that I wouldn’t be tempted. I have informed them that I needed their support in this and they may have to fend for themselves. It’s not like the 2 freezers aren’t full and the refrigerator isn’t stocked. Cupboards are full too. Just don’t burn down my house, or ruin my cooking equipment. LOL

@jenforr108 I am two days from surgery also...gastric sleeve. Pre-op diet is going fine. My mate is trying to hide what he is eating from me so I won't be tempted. I find that a sweet thing to do. The really bad thing is the TV. Every other commercial is for some delicious looking food.

My goals are to lose 65 lbs and also get back into shape. I'm tired of feeling terrible and weak and of having difficulties even wiping my ass. My big fat stomach is always in the way. I cannot do the things I love to do very easily. I cannot even get on top of my husband for regular sex...I'm afraid of hurting him plus this giant stomach is in the way. I'm sick of it and I'm gonna fight back NOW!

Best wishes to you on your surgery and on your new healthier life!

WE CAN DO THIS!

1 hour ago, JanLPhun said:

@jenforr108 I am two days from surgery also...gastric sleeve. Pre-op diet is going fine. My mate is trying to hide what he is eating from me so I won't be tempted. I find that a sweet thing to do. The really bad thing is the TV. Every other commercial is for some delicious looking food.

My goals are to lose 65 lbs and also get back into shape. I'm tired of feeling terrible and weak and of having difficulties even wiping my ass. My big fat stomach is always in the way. I cannot do the things I love to do very easily. I cannot even get on top of my husband for regular sex...I'm afraid of hurting him plus this giant stomach is in the way. I'm sick of it and I'm gonna fight back NOW!

Best wishes to you on your surgery and on your new healthier life!

WE CAN DO THIS!

Well 3 days the other side of it, not feel great but better than I thought it would be. Sip, walk, gas xtabs walk some more. Down 10 plus pounds of gas and pound and half must have been my stomach, lol. Onward sipping 3-4 ounces an hour. sleep intermittently, sip, potty sip, sleep.