Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss stats!

54 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

I was 192.8 on surgery day 6/8/19 and it will be 3 months next week I am 169. A big difference between now and the 203 start. It just seems so slow compared to others with the sleeve. I have my 3 month appt. with the surgeon next week and nervous I didn’t lose enough even though he told me to take it slow I have a year to take it off. At least at the 169 I am in the overweight category which I am very happy with for now. It is a little frustrating not seeing it come down. I am hoping I can continue losing as you did! Congratulations on your accomplishments it is something you work at every day.

Thank you. You are losing at about the same rate I did.

I had surgery 8/13/18 weight 204. I looked back at my weight log and on 11/12/18 I weighed 179.

I was eating 500-600 calories a day but my metabolism had a mind of it’s own. I really had to pick it up and workout hard the last 4 months to get it going. You’ve got this.

yes, I work at this everyday, I will the rest of my life.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

5 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

at 192 - and even at 203 - you would have been what we refer to as a "lightweight". With that starting BMI, you're going to lose much slower than someone who starts at over 300 lbs. I think you're doing great!

Thank you! I had a lot of health issues! Thankfully this got me off my blood pressure meds in one week. I feel so much better, so much more energy. My A1c went to 7.2 so was being diagnosed with diabetes which my Mother had very bad. I have psoriatic arthritis so just the extra weight makes everything hurt much more. I was taking meloxicam (for inflammation) every day, I still take the Stelara and will always be on something for that., however, I rarely take the meloxicam anymore. My cholesterol and triglycerides were high so I was on a horrible path. I didn’t really eat fast food or junk. I cook everything but just ate too much. So this has helped tremendously and I should have my bloodwork back to,Oreos to see how everything is doing now. I did this for my health, although looking better is a definitely a plus. Good luck to you as you are doing wonderfully!

On 9/30/2019 at 5:44 AM, Cheeseburgh said:

I lost slowly and it was difficult because it made no sense and it was very frustrating at times. In hindsight, I am glad it took longer because I don’t take a single pound lost for granted.

I do think there are pitfalls with both. There is a risk of giving up when the weight loss is slow.

This is me too. But ultimately you lost all of your excess weight so thats awesome. Might I ask what you did, if anything, to get through the slow weight loss? did you find anything that helped move it along faster? About how much did you weight loss did you average a month? Whats calories did you average per month. I am having such a hard time dealing with the snail like pace of my weight loss. Congrats on meeting your goal

On 9/30/2019 at 8:21 AM, Kerrylucas16 said:

I had my surgery on the 19th of this month and already down 44 lbs! 20 of it due to a two week liquid diet😊

Wow you lost 44lbs in 11 days?

20lbs pre & 24lbs post if you read carefully

1 hour ago, Serengirl said:

This is me too. But ultimately you lost all of your excess weight so thats awesome. Might I ask what you did, if anything, to get through the slow weight loss? did you find anything that helped move it along faster? About how much did you weight loss did you average a month? Whats calories did you average per month. I am having such a hard time dealing with the snail like pace of my weight loss. Congrats on meeting your goal

I kept meticulous records of what I ate and just kept reassuring myself that there was no possible way I wasn’t going to lose weight eating 600 calories a day. After about 6 months I got frustrated enough to join a gym and get serious. That helped me get to the finish line, I worked out 6-7 days a week for 3-4 months. Now that I am on maintenance I work out 3 days a week but walk or bike everyday. I don’t have a big appetite so I can get away with that for now, I know it will change and when it does I’ll pick up my workouts again.

1 hour ago, Mikeyy said:

20lbs pre & 24lbs post if you read carefully

I did read it carefully, you merely said a 2 week liquid diet but it didn't specify if that was "Pre"- ("I had my surgery on the 19th of this month and already down 44 lbs! 20 of it due to a two week liquid diet😊.") And after surgery we are all on liquids. Its an honest mistake. Not sure why i deserve the snarky "if you read carefully" remark. Regardless, 44 in a month is still a huge amount. Congratulations.

43 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I kept meticulous records of what I ate and just kept reassuring myself that there was no possible way I wasn’t going to lose weight eating 600 calories a day. After about 6 months I got frustrated enough to join a gym and get serious. That helped me get to the finish line, I worked out 6-7 days a week for 3-4 months. Now that I am on maintenance I work out 3 days a week but walk or bike everyday. I don’t have a big appetite so I can get away with that for now, I know it will change and when it does I’ll pick up my workouts again.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it. It helps to know I am not alone.

5 minutes ago, Serengirl said:

I did read it carefully, you merely said a 2 week liquid diet but it didn't specify if that was "Pre"- ("I had my surgery on the 19th of this month and already down 44 lbs! 20 of it due to a two week liquid diet😊.") And after surgery we are all on liquids. Its an honest mistake. Not sure why i deserve the snarky "if you read carefully" remark. Regardless, 44 in a month is still a huge amount. Congratulations.

That wasn't me that replied it was someone named mikey. You are crazy. Sorry to have commented here✌️

37 minutes ago, Kerrylucas16. said:

That wasn't me that replied it was someone named mikey. You are crazy. Sorry to have commented here✌️

I am not crazy when i clicked on a link it copied you and not Mikey. Not sure. why. No need for name calling.

38 minutes ago, Kerrylucas16. said:

I am not "crazy." See attached image. Why so mean by name calling people "crazy." I replied to Mikey. I have no idea why the system also tagged you, Kerrylucas16.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 9.19.56 PM.png

235- heaviest weight.
203 - at surgery.
186 at 6 weeks.

It’s been slow for me too but now I understand.

So, I hit my 3 month mark about a week ago. I have lost 45 pounds post surgery. This last month has been an incredibly slow weight loss. Snail's pace compared to the first few weeks. I haven't been getting enough sleep and I should be drinking more than 64 ounces of Water. I'm going to work on that and see if it helps. I was weight lifting before, but I haven't been exercising. I have been doing some body weight exercises in prep for starting back up again. Lifting heavy things will burn some calories for sure so hopefully I should see better results. Maybe I can get my rear end back. LOL, I lost it somewhere around month 2.

I had my RNY on 2/12/2019. I had already lost 160 lbs in 11 months pre op. I am now 195 lbs a little over 10 months post op. I started at HW: 474. (1/2018). SW: 314. (2/12/19). CW: 195. 12/22/19. GW: 160-170

i love this new life and work very hard everyday to keep going. I have adapted a great exercise plan I love and I eat the same thing almost every day. I don’t have many foods that agree with me anymore. I don’t have any regrets at all. In fact I would not be this successful if I had done surgery before I did.